Joan of Arcadia Cast in Other Roles

Which post-JoA roles have you liked (or not liked!) the JoA cast in? I like JM a lot as Criminal Minds' David Rossi, though in many ways he's similar to Will Girardi---just single and with more facial hair :) Michael Welch (Luke) and Chris Marquette (Adam) guest star in the second episode of Criminal Minds' sixth season. Michael Welch plays a role VERY different from Luke :) 

Did anyone see Amber Tamblyn's The Unusuals? 

Share Post

Michael Welch has played many non-Luke types since JoA went off the air. He was on Scandal a few weeks back playing a cop that shot an African-American youth/young adult (I can't remember how old the shooting victim was), and I think he played jerkface characters in both CSI and CSI:NY episodes. I have a soft spot for Luke, but I enjoy seeing MW convincingly play dislikable people as well.

Share Post

My favorite Michael Welch role was on NCIS where he had hostages at a high school while wearing a bomb, but he was really being threatened by someone else.It's also super strange to see him in Twilight.

My favorite Amber Tamblyn role is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I can't help but think Tippy and Joan would get along.

Share Post

I watched all the Unusuals episodes and Amber Tamblyn's character was beginning to develop a good relationships with that of Jeremy Renner when the plug was pulled.  The problem was it was just another dysfunctional cop show when the trend was going zombies.  And having Harold Perrineau still somewhat fresh from LOST in the cast was a little strange for me.  I kept expecting Walt to show up.  Amber was excellent as Martha Masters in her arc on House, a show I never watched otherwise. I especially liked the episode with Chris Marquette as the homeless man for its echoes of Joan and Adam.  I found it amusing that they covered her final scene with a Rolling Stones tune similar to the way JoA ended.  Juliet Goglia played a pre-teen in one episode of Veronica Mars and Corinne Borror (Rocky's mom) played VM's mom.  Patrick Fabian palyed a college professor in VM and also a bad guy (of course) in the Mentalist.  There was an exchange between him and Simon Baker about his name - Jane - that I though was a sly reference to the JoA Jane/Joan device.

Share Post

Patrick Fabian is always going to be the professor Kelly dated on Saved by the Bell: The College Years.

Share Post

The Gospel of Kevin
A one-hour dramedy about the divorced, depressed, and unemployed Kevin (Jason Ritter), who is tasked by God with a mission to save the world.
Team: Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters will write and executive-produce.
Cast: Jason Ritter, JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Cristela Alonzo, Chloe East, Dustin Ybarra, India de Beaufort, J. August Richards.

I read this in a list of pilots for next season being considered and immediately asked myself.  Is this a Joan of Arcadia sequel?

Because Jason Ritter is playing Kevin (again) in a show where God tasks a character with missions.

It not, but there is no way someone came out of this out of thin air.

Share Post

On 4/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I read this in a list of pilots for next season being considered and immediately asked myself.  Is this a Joan of Arcadia sequel?

Because Jason Ritter is playing Kevin (again) in a show where God tasks a character with missions.

It not, but there is no way someone came out of this out of thin air.

I will watch it. Bitterly. Possibly while writing crossover fanfic in my head. But it sounds good and the cast looks good.

Share Post

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, bettername2come said:

I will watch it. Bitterly. Possibly while writing crossover fanfic in my head. But it sounds good and the cast looks good.

It got picked up by ABC.  I'm going to watch it.  I laughed out loud a couple times during the trailer.

Share Post

TGOK looks to be awful, judging by the trailer.  Simplistic. Trite. Obvious.  My Name is Earl meets Touched by an Angel.  Ugh!  It desperately needs a Barbara Hall sensibility and sense of wonder. But I don't think even she could rescue it at this point.  To paraphrase Moonves, idiocy skews better than intelligence.

So it probably will run longer than JoA did.  Sigh.

Share Post

Amber Tamblyn has written a novel called Any Man which will be released at the end of June. She is doing a book tour so she may be coming to a city near you soon! She keeps tweeting that she's about to announce the full tour schedule (she's been saying this since at least April) but so far there are only a few dates/locations I was able to find (NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Milwaukee).

Share Post