Weird Loners In The Media

"Weird Loners" has been cancelled, which is a shame, because the last episode made me laugh out loud a few times and finally started jelling for me. I guess they had a finale of sorts: Stosh and Carryn kissed at the lesbian bar, giving in to the "will they/won't they" vibe the creators were going for.

I didn't realize Zara was a lesbian until the final episode. Poor Eric is alone at the end. The plight of the fat guy.

With the cancellation of "Marry Me," "One Big Happy," and now this, that makes "Happy Endings" alumni zero for three, doesn't it? Damon Wayans and Adam Pally joined existing shows, so that doesn't count.

Edit: Oops! That should have been zero for three. Obviously, math is not my thing.

Edited by SmithW6079.

Share Post

"Weird Loners" has been cancelled, which is a shame, because the last episode made me laugh out loud a few times and finally started jelling for me. I guess they had a finale of sorts: Stosh and Carryn kissed at the lesbian bar, giving in to the "will they/won't they" vibe the creators were going for.

I didn't realize Zara was a lesbian until the final episode. Poor Eric is alone at the end. The plight of the fat guy.

With the cancellation of "Marry Me," "One Big Happy," and now this, that makes "Happy Endings" alumni zero for zero, doesn't it? Damon Wayans and Adam Pally joined existing shows, so that doesn't count.

Yeah, out of all their new shows I enjoyed Marry Me the most but Weird Loners was starting to grow on me.  

Share Post

I liked this show, but it had "one season" written all over it. There was just no real momentum behind it, it reminded me a lot of 'Love Bites', another Becki Newton show that was cancelled early on. It was a cute show, but just didn't have that certain IT factor that made you want to tune in week after week.

Poor Becki :( Will she ever get a starring show that lasts more than one season?

Share Post