All Episodes Talk: Playing The Game

Enjoyed this show; especially episodes 3 - 5.  Thought episode 6 wrapped things up a little too neatly.  Left the impression they may have been setting this up as a recurring show with most of the same cast returning.  Only way I could explain their allowing one of the main characters back to work at the end.  Did think Daddy's taking the time to explain Operation Glass in detail to a govt. official hard to believe.  Was wondering if the official wouldn't pull a revolver out of a desk drawer and shoot him.  Was also surprised at the number of English that still appeared to have faith in the idea that international Communism (Soviet led no less) would make the Britain, and the world, a better place. 

Share Post

Enjoyed this show; especially episodes 3 - 5.  Thought episode 6 wrapped things up a little too neatly.  Left the impression they may have been setting this up as a recurring show with most of the same cast returning.  Only way I could explain their allowing one of the main characters back to work at the end.  Did think Daddy's taking the time to explain Operation Glass in detail to a govt. official hard to believe. 

Agreed, gracory. I thought the show had a little trouble finding its footing in the first few episodes, was solid in episodes 3-5, and then this final episode stretched a bit to make everything fit. Wedging in the things you mention (along with several other dangling plot points) seemed a bit much. Overall, I did find the series entertaining, though, and wouldn't mind seeing the group face another challenge.

Share Post

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Series 1 Blurb:

Daddy, the head of MI5, sets up a secret committee to investigate the existence of a Soviet plot code-named Operation Glass, whose existence was revealed by a leaving KGB officer. The committee consists of Bobby Waterhouse, the head of counter-espionage; Sarah Montag, the deputy; Alan, her husband; Jim Fenchurch, a Special Branch detective; Wendy Straw, the secretary; and Joe Lambe, the interrogator who hides his own secrets. The team know that the Soviets are reactivating sleeper agents with a job. A new traitor is investigated in each episode to further understand Operation Glass.

Share Post

It's like 1970s Spooks. There's tons of Soviet plots to explore. I'd rather see a straight up spy plot for a second series rather than the whole 'mole' angle. 

Share Post

Just started the new Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory. And despite the overly long name, its just as good as the previous one.

These are some of the few games ill buy day one, as a sign of support and because im a huge digimon fan/digimon games have been killing it the last few years.

Also try to start Gravity Rush 2 since it finally hit the sales with a hefty cut in price. Should be playing Xenoblade 2 slotfather 2 slot but I'm having too much fun with my new surround sound kit, friggin love it (when I finally got it working after almost two days of tinkering with it).

Then going to try to play some Halo:MCC,also later in the day Mortal Kombat XL.

Edited by girlgamer.

Share Post