Small Talk

Here's your place for small talk and introductions!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

Share Post

Small programming note for those of you like me who's dance card is filled when this airs. On Demand list this as Creature Shop Challenge. I was looking under the J's can could find it.

Share Post

Welcome to Previously.TV!
The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Share Post

I just returned from a conference, and I have something to share with this forum that is totally cool.

The author of the biography of Jim Henson (http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Henson-Brian-Jay-Jones-ebook/dp/B00C4BA5A8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400688046&sr=1-1&keywords=brian+jay+jones ), Brian Jay Jones, was one of the speakers, and he is exactly the type of person you would want to have write a Henson bio. He is jolly. I don't know that I've ever described anyone as jolly before, but he is. What a great match of author personality and topic!

Share Post

@Bella that's awesome. How great to get to hear him. I love the word jolly. I wonder if the bio is good? I'll have to check with my dad, he's an obsessive biography reader.

Share Post

The biography of Henson was a best seller, and it received great reviews, so it's probably worth reading. I hope so - I'm planning to buy a copy for myself.

Share Post

@Bella also, while it's not officially an "Authorized Biography" when Brian Henson was on the Nerdist he mentioned it several times and said basically that everything was accurate and it was a great Biography so it does have the family's approval too! 

Share Post

Ramble: The biography of Henson is great. Jones had access to everything (including Jim's notebooks) and everyone (including a few people that have since passed away). The primary focus is Jim's career as opposed to his personal life, but you do get glimpses.

A word of warning, though: the final section or two are an absolutely brutal read. Knowing what's coming is incredibly difficult, and I flat-out ugly cried at a few points (which just isn't something I do). I'm pretty sure Jones had access to the medical records of Henson's death, as he included several details that had always been mercifully glossed over.

Share Post

Anyone know when season 2 will air? 

I found an article from last May stating that they were filming season 2.  But that was all I could find. 

Share Post

Anyone know when season 2 will air?

I found an article from last May stating that they were filming season 2. But that was all I could find.

There will be a second season?!?!? This is the best news ever!

Share Post

There will be a second season?!?!? This is the best news ever!

Don't plan any viewing parties yet. 

Someone posted on the IMDB board saying that the show was cancelled.  This poster implied that he was with the show, but there is no way to verify that. 

The Syfy website doesn't list it as one of their shows.  On the other hand, the Creature Shop website still mentions Syfy. 

And let's not forget the original article from last May where Brian Henson mentions currently (May, 2014)  filming Season 2.  I can't imagine filming it and then not showing it (or not having article explaining why they wouldn't be showing it - like if some horrible accident happened during filming).

I can't find anything official anywhere, which still gives me hope.

Share Post

News that the  Dark Chrystal is being reshown in limited release in theaters around the middle of February 2018.  They have sharpened up the video and  this will preceed the  issuance of new DVDs, Blue Rays and maybe a 3-d in March.  

Share Post