Spoilers and Speculation

17 minutes ago, Jaybird said:

Yeah, you and about 10,000 other people. That prediction has been going around fandom since last fall.

No big deal. 123BP didn't say s/he was the ONLY one who was right. (I only answered this here because the original post was here.)

Edited by ymeagain.

Share Post

Quick question: I saw that they've already filmed 2 episodes for season 9 (off JPK and Tunell's Twitter). Does anyone know if those two are the first episodes of the new season? Thanks!

Share Post

5 hours ago, 123BP said:

Quick question: I saw that they've already filmed 2 episodes for season 9 (off JPK and Tunell's Twitter). Does anyone know if those two are the first episodes of the new season? Thanks!

They're not. I believe they're two "stock" episodes that can be stuck in as filler. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, 123BP said:

7 hours ago, Jillibean said:

They're not. I believe they're two "stock" episodes that can be stuck in as filler. 

Tunnel write 901 e 902 but....

Share Post

2 hours ago, centopercento said:

Episodes are given numbers based on the order they are filmed, not the order they are aired. 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Episodes are given numbers based on the order they are filmed, not the order they are aired. 

Plus, Rick Tunell did not write these episodes. He directed 901, which was written by Harimoto.

Share Post

18 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Thanks for the info!

11 hours ago, centopercento said:

These are episodes that will air sometime later in season 9; they are not the first two episodes of the season (A friend didn't believe me so she actually called--how embarrassing!!!) XD

Share Post

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/06/22/exclusive-ncis-and-ncis-los-angeles-adding-two-female-characters-is-someone-leaving-we-love-linda-hunt?ref=yfp

I’m told that “NCIS: Los Angeles” is adding two female characters. I don’t know if anyone is leaving but it better not be Linda Hunt. She’s the heart and soul of the whole thing. (She should be getting Emmy nominations, PS.)

The two characters include a new “NCIS: Los Angeles” assistant director in her 40s. She’s described as “Confident & clever, with a sense of humor, an authoritative figure who takes over operations when needed. She’s a natural leader with a strong presence, but not afraid to get her hands dirty in the field if necessary.”

The other character seems like a romantic foil for Mark Harmon on the mothership show “NCIS.” Her name is Reagan, also in her 40s, and not unwilling to clash with Gibbs. Each of the characters come with long resumes. Reagan is also a psychologist.

It is a bit unclear from the article whether or not NCIS LA is adding one or two characters, or whether the universe is adding two characters in total with one going to each show. The NCIS LA character they described sounds a lot like Kensi...

Share Post

While I actually would be fine with Hetty leaving (note, I don't mean Linda Hunt), that's not what this sounds like. The first female sounds like a replacement for Grainger :( and the second sounds like a way to move them over to the mothership. I would actually be impressed if they replace Grainger with a female as that means amnaction drama on main stream network would have an equal amount of female to male characters (more if you count Anna).  

Share Post

Yeah I read this a one character to each show. And Granger does sadly need to be replaced. I don't think we're losing anyone. @Samantha84 do know if anyone needs to re-up their contract? You usually have the info :-)

Share Post

Would love some NCIS: LA scoop about Densi. — Fatima
Kensi and Deeks will have some wedding hurdles as Deeks is hesitant to tell his mother that they are engaged.

Source

Share Post

On 7/14/2017 at 4:55 AM, MichelleNZ said:

Kensi and Deeks will have some wedding hurdles as Deeks is hesitant to tell his mother that they are engaged.

Oh, no!  If there's one recurring guest character who is the MOST annoying and obnoxious, it's Deeks' mom!! Whatever "problem" she has with her son getting married, I hope she deals with it off-camera.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:47 PM, callie lee 29 said:

they replace Grainger with a female as that means amnaction drama on main stream network would have an equal amount of female to male characters (more if you count Anna)

I like the idea of another woman character--but I hope they don't have too much conflict between her and Hetty (that was so lame when Kensi always had cat fights with other female agents, like Talia and over Deeks--so unprofessional). The article mentions that the new Asst. Dir. will go into the field (like Granger), so I wonder if that means Nell and Eric will remain in ops more often (they kind of hinted at that at the end of last season with both of them seeing Nate because of their difficulty adjusting to violence and killing).

Edited by ymeagain.

Share Post

jpk tweeted that Monty's coming back. I'm a dog lover--always have been--but Monty's just a distraction (like that box), so I hope that he appears very seldom and only briefly

Share Post

11 hours ago, ymeagain said:

jpk tweeted that Monty's coming back. I'm a dog lover--always have been--but Monty's just a distraction (like that box), so I hope that he appears very seldom and only briefly

Don't worry, no matter how often Monty appears, I doubt he'll have a lot of lines.😊

Share Post

1 hour ago, Jaybird said:

I doubt he'll have a lot of lines.

hahaha It's not his lines I'm worried about (that might be cool). It's the screen time they waste on him and the lines of the humans about him (like I care that he listens to NPR). XD

Edited by ymeagain.

Share Post

On 7/19/2017 at 10:45 AM, ymeagain said:

It's the screen time they waste on him

As much as I like Monty, I don't care all that much about seeing him--or hearing about him and his "anxiety" issues (seriously?), but I also heard that Deeks' mom might be back. OMG, she's the MOST annoying guest EVER (almost as bad as that perky FBI agent in Battle Scars--I hope we never see her again). And please, NO STUPID MOLE PLOTS. Am I bad--enough with complaints. I'm hoping the only "extra" stuff will be the banter between the characters. We got a lot of "serious" talk between Kensi and Deeks last season, so maybe--with the murder of Michelle at the end of 8--we'll get some soul-searching conversations and scenes between Callen and Sam. I'd LOVE to see Janvier return if only for an episode or two, more Arkady (I'm still waiting for a scene between Callen, Anna and Arkady), and I'm curious about who is searching for Tobias and where that leads (I hope it doesn't lead to the CIA--again). To be honest, I'm a little worried about the new Asst. Director and her chemistry with Hetty and the rest of the team (Miguel was so perfect); it's a fine line between being bitchy and being tough.

Share Post

22 hours ago, 123BP said:

As much as I like Monty, I don't care all that much about seeing him--or hearing about him and his "anxiety" issues

Here's a new case: Monty has a lady friend (or as Deeks calls them, a "ladybird"), and she gets kidnapped by the antagonist because her collar contains military secrets, so Monty has to rescue her--with the help of Kensi and Deeks, naturally--and then Monty and his lady take their place in the wedding of Kensi and Deeks. lol

Share Post