S01.E01: Pilot 2014.01.10

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you going to continue watching Enlisted?

• Yes, 100% on board
    • I'll check out another few episodes and see if I like it
    • I won't turn it off if it comes on TV but I probably won't actively seek it out
    • No way I'm watching another episode

Sgt. Pete Hill must serve as both big brother and military boss to his two brothers.

What did everyone think? I really enjoyed this a lot! Some of the supporting characters didn't quite work for me but the lead three actors really had great chemistry, and I can see why critics felt this to be the best of the sitcom pilots this season. Even Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Trophy Wife had mediocre pilots compared to this. Very excited to follow this show. 

Share Post

That was an assured episode for a pilot. Reminded me of a less wackadoodle Scrubs. The opening sequence made me think a war setting show could work too. How long has it been since MASH?

Share Post

Depends for me on how hard they lean into the dog-reuniting, head-grabbing, heart-warming parts of the plot.  I'm wary of too many lessons being learned.  If it ends up being a weekly Soldier X Learns Lesson Y sort of thing, I'm out.

Share Post

I know I'm a little late to the conversation but I've been holding off on Enlisted because it seemed like that show that I could catch whenever. I'm biased because I fell for Parker Young's version of this same kind of dumb but lovable character on Suburgatory. Also, Keith David. Come on now. But the show won me over on its own. I thought it was funny and charming while not stretching too far out of the typical sitcom mode. It made me laugh but I could definitely see the way the dog thing would work out as soon as they introduced it. Then again, I feel like Brooklyn Nine-Nine does something very similar and I've stuck with that show.

Share Post