Small Talk: Come on in, Y’all!

I just looked at my ATK Best Recipes cookbook - it's over 1,000 pages. My Cooks Country cookbook is 598 pages long. Considering the number of staff from ATK working on both those books, that, to me, makes Vivian's cookbook all the more impressive. She's certainly not afraid of hard work.

Edited by chessiegal.

Share Post

I saw Vivian on an ad where she says she will be touring around in a food truck (promoting her book). Looks like she has a little bit shorter hairstyle with some sideswept bangs. Looked really nice!

Share Post

On 11/29/2016 at 0:15 PM, Pickles said:

I saw Vivian on an ad where she says she will be touring around in a food truck (promoting her book). Looks like she has a little bit shorter hairstyle with some sideswept bangs. Looked really nice!

I saw that too!  I'm just trying to figure out how that is working.  I would imagine that it's quite difficult making money doing that, unless you are set up for a certain period of time, such as the State Fair.  How could they take time away from the restaurant to tour on a food truck?  Very curious.

Share Post

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw that too!  I'm just trying to figure out how that is working.  I would imagine that it's quite difficult making money doing that, unless you are set up for a certain period of time, such as the State Fair.  How could they take time away from the restaurant to tour on a food truck?  Very curious.

It's part of the book tour, you buy a ticket for the book event and you get a copy of her book and a meal from the food truck. It's a promotional thing, not a making money thing and she is doing it a few at a time. In fact the Only one listed now on the website was on Nov. 9th.

Share Post

I have a friend who lives in NC who posted on FB that she and friends are headed to Chef and a Farmer for dinner. Looking forward to her review.

Share Post

22 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I have a friend who lives in NC who posted on FB that she and friends are headed to Chef and a Farmer for dinner. Looking forward to her review.

Aww, she will probably miss Vivian who is in Hawaii.

Share Post

Vivian's statement:

I've belabored making a statement about #HurricaneFlorence and its painful snail's pace path of destruction because I've been uncertain about what to say. More than a week ago we started talking about the possibility of it- what it might mean, where it might make landfall, and what would be left to pick up in her wake. Should we evacuate? Should we board things up? When should we close the restaurants? Today we ask different questions. Is it safe to go home? How much will the river continue to rise? How can we start to fix what's been disturbed? How can we help those most affected? I don't know the answers, but it feels like we've rounded a corner and it's time to push forward. Thank you for all your thoughts and positive energy. We're grateful for all of you have have reached out with concern and well wishes. Don't forget about ENC because the storm is gone. Our region will need your persistent support and mindfulness. The work has just started.

Share Post