Season 6 Discussion: New Episodes Now On LMN

I just got back into watching this (hadn't watched it since we downgraded our Dish package and lost the Bio channel it was shown on).  I HATE the new format, where they are sort of re-inacting the events that the Survivors endured.  I don't want to watch blurry actors in the background. I liked the still frames and words at the bottom of the screen telling me what happened!

Share Post

I hate the reenactments, too.  Why are they necessary?  The survivors' words are vivid and powerful enough with out seeing snippets of faceless actors being fake tortured.  That's something I hope they rethink if there's another season of this.

Share Post

Last night's episode was hard to watch, the ones where the mom survives and her kids die always are.  Kristy recalling her final moments with her kids will haunt me for a long while.

Share Post

Last night's episode was hard to watch, the ones where the mom survives and her kids die always are. Kristy recalling her final moments with her kids will haunt me for a long while.

Me too.. Definitely felt her pain. I googled her, and her rapist was sentenced to death.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913.

Share Post

junemeatcleaver, (great name BTW!) I agreed with your post. I've watched the last 3 episodes and the actors reenacting the scenes along the way as the real survivors describe it just takes me out of it. What drew me into this show was, of course the horrible stories and how well the survivors told them. Then they'd show a a dark and eery scene, with an ominous camera angle which added to the haunting tone of the show. 

This last episode, showed a quick scene of the perpetrator (actor) in a far area from the camera, slightly blurry, apprehending his intended victim. The actor they used kinda stumbled awkwardly and seemed like he had a slight build and short height. It ruined what my imagination might have built up by the survivor's description of the event.  

Where do I complain, because I want them to change it back.?

Nevertheless, these survivors are, for what they've been through, so well poised on camera and have risen above such tragedies, just to go on national TV and tell in detail, no matter how humiliating, their stories. Bravo to them!

Share Post

It makes me so angry to think about how many kids would have been saved if William Bonin hadn't been released. No wonder 1970's serial killers were able to rack up so many numbers- the system was a joke! I can't imagine how David lived with that.

The woman who survived because her best friend Lynn tried to escape their kidnappers haunts me as well. Imagine how many more lives Lynn actually saved because what she did stopped David Gore and his cousin accomplice. Everything had to line up just so in order to save her.

My favorite story though is the girl who beat the shit out of her rapist and attacker after he kidnapped her from a convenience store. I just kept thinking, "You go, girl!"

Edited by methodwriter85.

Share Post

Kristy recalling her final moments with her kids will haunt me for a long while.

I have a son who is the same age that her son was, a kindergartner.  When she described seeing her son through the doorway, lying motionless on a pile of pillows as if he were napping, that was one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever heard.  I'm haunted by it as well.

Edited by shoovenbooty.

Share Post

LMN aired three episodes and then nothing for over a month.  I hope I Survived returns.

What happened? How can they produce only three episodes?

Share Post

What happened? How can they produce only three episodes?

I don't know.  I noticed another LMN I recorded called Living In Secret only aired for 3 episodes and disappeared too.  LMN doesn't even seem to air reruns anymore.

Share Post

I forgot all about this show until the other day when my sister reminded me of one of the stories. I also hated the reenactments and lost track of the show when after LMN played a few episodes and then dropped it. It's a shame.

Share Post

6 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

This show had some of the scariest stories ever. I kind of miss it. 

Yes.  One in particular - I want to say it was an episode of something like I Survived: Beyond & Back (?) was about people who'd actually been revived somehow after a near death experience.  There was this physician who was in a coma for a long time, and he eloquently described a horrific experience in a very dark and hellish place, slowly coming out of it, into eventual recovery.  My memory is VERY hazy on the finer points, but he was so erudite and scientific in his narration; and it was so different from the "bright white light, peaceful feeling, being met by loved ones" usual story.  I found it quite disturbing at the time.

Share Post

So this show isnt on anymore? I really liked it. Is this the show that was always narrated by some young woman (forgot her name) who was the subject of one of the epusodes of "I Survived"?

Share Post

The show you're talking about is "Surviving Evil" with Charisma Carpenter. I don't think it's on the air anymore. I know I Survived isn't.

Share Post