Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Wow, ladies. Way to put Mariah on the spot! I feel really sorry for her, as a character and an actress. Sharon? For God’s sake, pull that hair out of your eyes!! Phyllis? How about you actually look people in the eyes instead of talking to their chests? I have asked you two over and over to do this for us. There will be consequences if you don’t comply. 

Share Post

Wait, Nick is fantasizing about both Sharon and Phyllis? Ugh, I hope they're all very conscientious with their contraception so we don't end up with yet another oops baby like Summer or Faith.

Aw geez, now Mariah is an accomplice after-the-fact. And Sharon, maybe the reason the DA is always trying to pin a crime on the Newmans is because they're constantly committing them.

What was up with Phyllis' shoulder pads? Is she going to be trying out for the Packers?

Guess Arturo wasn't worried about Rey coming home and catching Mia and him together with her in a compromising state of undress.

Seems to me the only decision for the Gang of Four + 1 to make is how to kill Tessa and dispose of her blackmailing body. But that's just me I guess.

So it wasn't enough to break up Tessa and Mariah, now Mariah has to honeypot her? Thanks, Mal! 😑

Mia, if you don't know you better ask somebody. The Newmans terminate their problems with extreme prejudice. As in dead. Muerte. Abby ain't playing.

Share Post

I’m insulted by the portrayal of Mia. She’s loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy. I’m not Hispanic but this seems to be a stereotypical bias. Can we never get past this kind of thing?  I so wish the writers had introduced a family with members who have different careers but are a loving, supportive group. Of course, that’s too much to ask. Most of all, I wish they’d find a good story line for our favorite, Peter Bergman. What a waste of a great talent and a fine person. He needs a good woman to help him lead this family and continue the Abbott legacy. I miss the old Ashley, not the latest nasty girl but the one we all knew all of these past years. 

Share Post

"Red" should not wear red. It looks terrible.

Mia makes no sense. Rey is mine! Arturo is mine! Pick a lane, crazy. Her troublemaking should be fun to watch but instead it's embarrassing. 

Nick is such a loser. Sharon dumped your ass and you're going to replace her with Phyllis two weeks later? Doesn't he remember last time they rekindled things? She cheated on him with Ronan. She cheats on everyone, FFS.

Share Post

Have you all heard about the new power couple?  You know, the NEW power couple, not the Old new power couple, not that sexay combo of a ButtBiscuit and Miss Herpes of 1983.  Oh no, she's dumped the Biscuit and gone full on Butthead with the Baboon King!  Yessirreebob, "Red" is now hitching her wagon to THIS star,

giphy.gif

our own lil' Dickolas Newman.

I don't think that Gina Tognoni can get any worse and then it's a new show and by golly by gum, she IS!  That jaw of hers, that hatchet face, those eyes that don't blink with any synchronisity, the Kali-like multitude of jutting arms and legs, and now, apparently, shoulders, that stutterbark delivery all sprinkled with Mal's delusion dust that she's this sexay thang.  Oh, Show, please actually look at what you're filming and SEE that Tognoni has devolved into a 5th rate Wicked Witch of the West wannabe.

Can someone, anyone, drop a house on her, too?

When, at the end of today's show, she barked out some b.s. about having to "contain" Tessa I was really hoping that Sharon or Nikki, or even Victoria, maybe all of them, would have just slapped the sass right off her face.

Mia.....she's on almost as much as Phyllis and she's almost as bad.  Is there a staircase nearby, handy enough for somebody to give her a hard push?

So Jack now gets to wander the streets of Genoa City, giving advice and loving pats on the back to assholes like Phyllis.  And then go home and do the same for Abby.  I liked his and Abby's scenes, wanted him to give "Red" a wedgie and push her down the elevator shaft, but most of all I don't want to see Mal debasing the character any further and misusing Peter Bergman's talents.  But that ain't gonna happen.

I'd like to see Mariah work her magic with Tessa and somehow pin the whole JT thing on Phyllis.  Or the New Gang of 4 bury her where JT was.  Or, lock her in an elevator with Mia and NEVER let either one of them out.  Or, I can wait for the worst punishment of all, her living with Nick.  

Couldn't happen to a nicer couple of nitwits.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Wow, ladies. Way to put Mariah on the spot! I feel really sorry for her, as a character and an actress.

Yeah, when Sharon told her "no time like the present" and all but shoved her out the door - wow. Pimping out her daughter might be a new low for her. I understand she wants to avoid jail, but SC could have played Sharon as a little conflicted and reluctant, instead of pushing Mariah just as hard as the others. But then it kind of went hand in hand with the moment where Sharon was talking about how she's relieved she doesn't have to hide this from Mariah anymore. Who cares that her daughter's an accomplice now, at least Sharon's not burdened with secret-keeping. I liked when Mariah interrupted and said she wished she'd never found out. Sharon's a shitty mom.

It's great material for CG though, sad as it is for Mariah.

Share Post

1 hour ago, boes said:

I'd like to see Mariah work her magic with Tessa and somehow pin the whole JT thing on Phyllis.  Or the New Gang of 4 bury her where JT was.  Or, lock her in an elevator with Mia and NEVER let either one of them out.  Or, I can wait for the worst punishment of all, her living with Nick. 

Co-signing any of these wonderful ideas, particularly locking Phyllis and Mia in an elevator for eternity.

Share Post

10 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Finally got to catch up and yep...Mia's dress at the party was all kinds of wrong.  She's voluptuous and it was way too tight.  She looked nice in the leopard wrap dress...tho it could have been a bit longer.  I've decided she must be delusional ("how can you men possibly resist me?")/vindictive ("how dare you try and leave me!...where are the rabbits?")/ or out for some kind of blackmail.  Opinions?

The black straps and belt were fug, and uniboob effect didn't help Mia's physique at all. The wrap dress worked with her curves.

Mia's a narcissist, and she's got all the Rosales siblings dancing to her tune. Truth-telling indeed, and the very truth they didn't want aired.

Loved Vic's dress and Phyl's suit but Sharon needs to lose the hanging shirttail.  Never cared for that look.

She looked great in the colorblock dress. Phyllis rocked that suit.

eta...just watched the very end and Arturo called her delusional....bing-bing...we have a winner!

Abby's the delusional one challenging Mia over Arturo … Like watching raccoons fighting over garbage in a dumpster.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Wow, ladies. Way to put Mariah on the spot! I feel really sorry for her, as a character and an actress. Sharon? For God’s sake, pull that hair out of your eyes!! Phyllis? How about you actually look people in the eyes instead of talking to their chests? I have asked you two over and over to do this for us. There will be consequences if you don’t comply. 

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Yeah, when Sharon told her "no time like the present" and all but shoved her out the door - wow. Pimping out her daughter might be a new low for her. I understand she wants to avoid jail, but SC could have played Sharon as a little conflicted and reluctant, instead of pushing Mariah just as hard as the others. But then it kind of went hand in hand with the moment where Sharon was talking about how she's relieved she doesn't have to hide this from Mariah anymore. Who cares that her daughter's an accomplice now, at least Sharon's not burdened with secret-keeping. I liked when Mariah interrupted and said she wished she'd never found out. Sharon's a shitty mom.

It's great material for CG though, sad as it is for Mariah.

Mariah is responsible for Sharon's mental well-being and freedom, plus three more parasites sucking the life out of her disappointing life. And Mariah has the disservice of having to convince Tessa she's A-Okay with her criminality, get her hands on the super secure cloud account access, and let's be lovey-dovey again. Ick. 

Share Post

11 hours ago, Gam2 said:

She’s loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy.

Exactly! And I'm kinda embarrassed to say I'm loving it. Genoa City needs a good ole floozy to shake things up. I getting sick of all these sophisticated business women. In fact, despite my original fear that they would put this new younger woman with Jack, now I'm thinking it could be fun.

Share Post

Yes....asking that of Mariah whilst her is heart is broken with all she's learned in the last...what....3-5 hrs?

That shit just ain't right.......

But CG is killin' it......pardon the pun.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Goodnight said:

Mia makes no sense. Rey is mine! Arturo is mine! Pick a lane, crazy. Her troublemaking should be fun to watch but instead it's embarrassing. 

watching her makes me cringe, is it wrong I wanted Abby to just come in there and whoop up on her cause my god Mia slow it down a bit, did she just think, "hey, I'm gonna follow hubby to where his job is now, and release my bat shit crazy ass on them.... go big or go home?"

Share Post

15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’m insulted by the portrayal of Mia. She’s loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy. I’m not Hispanic but this seems to be a stereotypical bias

Not to defend these moron writers, but Mia's portrayal isn't a whole lot different than loud, flamboyant, tacky & pushy Phyllis.  Even Mia's "you're lying, I know you want me" isn't a whole lot different than the nonsense Summer has been lisping to Kyle.

Share Post

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Not to defend these moron writers, but Mia's portrayal isn't a whole lot different than loud, flamboyant, tacky & pushy Phyllis.  Even Mia's "you're lying, I know you want me" isn't a whole lot different than the nonsense Summer has been lisping to Kyle.

Or loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy Hillary.

Or  loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy Jill.

Or  loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy Gloria.

Or a dozen other loud, flamboyant, tacky and pushy female characters over the years on Y&R.

Mia is a is a stock Soap character of the Latin SL TIIC have in heavy rotation. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt.

Share Post

4 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

Exactly! And I'm kinda embarrassed to say I'm loving it. Genoa City needs a good ole floozy to shake things up. I getting sick of all these sophisticated business women. In fact, despite my original fear that they would put this new younger woman with Jack, now I'm thinking it could be fun.

I don't mind Mia dogging Rey Rey and his hypocrisy; he was in love with her when she and Arturo were involved. When Mia was free, Rey Rey wasted no time to have her for himself -- He didn't care what Arturo or his family felt about that, Mia was his dream come true.

Arturo dumped Mia first, and then had an affair with his brother's wife -- likely to stick it to his authoritarian brother for taking his rejected GF. Arturo's a rat bastard, too.

Beware of what you wish for, you might get it.

Edited by Cupid Stunt.

Share Post

LOL  i read that nick still has sharon's picture on his desk................

i'm sure phyl won't mind at all..........

Share Post

So is KSJ off the show too? They said Neil has moved four hours away to be near Lily at the prison. Doesn't sound like he's going to be around town much.

Did Sharon actually ask a married man--who she is not sleeping with--if he was sleeping with his wife? Giiiiirrrrl. Meanwhile, why is Rey giving Sharon confidential details about the JT investigation? He's not entirely certain she wasn't involved in JT's death.

A flash drive. 😐 AKA, a backup to 647 copies Tessa probably has stashed in other places.

Rey has been a fool for love and I'm having a hard time seeing how that is Sharon's business. I think he has bad work boundaries. Really bad. The kind that can lead #metoo situations. Or worse.

Nate is a doctor. Wonder if he could perform a butt-stick-ectomy on himself? And threatening to call the cops on Devon? Hard foul on that play, bruh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu.

Share Post

Tessa was smart enough to blackmail Nikki, (I say that because it was her money) and smart enough to hide the money and a copy of the drive in the teddy bear; but, by not putting the money in a safe deposit box, in the first place, was not smart.  Once again, back on the smart side, it looks like the teddy bear will be sent, to Chrystal, as an insurance policy.  Tessa must of missed the chapter, of the book, "Chelsea's Guide to Grifting" where you don't hide money when there is any chance of your roommate finding it. I have to reiterate, I'm not pro Tessa, I'm pro Mariah but I'm very much anti-Phyllis and so so on the rest of the 4 horsemen.  How many times can you say that CG is an amazing actress.  Even knowing she was telling lies, I was convinced she was telling the truth.  

"Your not sleeping in the same bed" Sharon says coyly.  Why would Sharon give two shits about how Mia feels about her unless she started to have romantic feelings about Rey. 

J.T.'s DNA in the soil.  The TIIC finally did their homework and wrote something plausible. 

Fuck Nate and the Kneel he rode in on. I got news for Nate, Thanksgiving is not the most important family holiday. I would say Christmas, Easter, Hanukkah, and the Jewish New Year is just as important. 

Edited by Waldo13.

Share Post

16 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I am not here for GT's Syphyllis continuing to Pac-Man her way through the show and bitch on wheels Mia vacuuming up any remaining crumbs.

This was an incredibly descriptive sentence. It brought up visuals of little pacmen running all over the maze, chomping its way through.  Well done !

Share Post

Why Is Nate? nagging Devon like a Jewish Grandmother? Devon is a grown-ass man and doesn't need to have you tell him when to have fun and when not to.  I was waiting for Devon to tell Nate "I own the damn building and can kick your Gladys Kravitz ass out if I want to and, by the way, why should I wait at Lily's beck and call 24/7 when bitch killed my wife and baby."

Share Post

I can’t stand that Mal might be turning Mariah into some love struck bimbo.  I just don’t get how Mariah can trust Tessa with anything knowing what a grifter, liar and blackmailer she is.  And her whole crapola story about doing charity work with the money was obviously nothing more than to placate Mariah because that biotch’s only charity is her own pocketbook.  Please, don’t ruin the only decent character/actress on this show.  

Share Post

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Tessa was smart enough to blackmail Nikki, (I say that because it was her money) and smart enough to hide the money and a copy of the drive in the teddy bear; but, by not putting the money in a safe deposit box, in the first place, was not smart.  Once again, back on the smart side, it looks like the teddy bear will be sent, to Chrystal, as an insurance policy.  Tessa must of missed the chapter, of the book, "Chelsea's Guide to Grifting" where you don't hide money when there is any chance of your roommate finding it. I have to reiterate, I'm not pro Tessa, I'm pro Mariah but I'm very much anti-Phyllis and so so on the rest of the 4 horsemen.  How many times can you say that CG is an amazing actress.  Even knowing she was telling lies, I was convinced she was telling the truth.  

(snip)

Fuck Nate and the Kneel he rode in on. I got news for Nate, Thanksgiving is not the most important family holiday. I would say Christmas, Easter, Hanukkah, and the Jewish New Year is just as important. 

Tessa's smart when the writers need her to be and stupid when they need her to be, and they often need her to be both at once. Honestly I feel sorry for CF. At least the writing for Mariah is reasonably consistent.

The thing about the other holidays you listed is that they're all religious, whereas Thanksgiving is entirely secular, and as such, it's the likeliest to have meaning for every person in the family. I'm an atheist, my mom is Jewish, my dad believes in a higher power but not any specific religion, my brother has declared himself indifferent to the entire subject, my cousins are Christian, my niece is a Buddhist...so what's the one family holiday we can all genuinely celebrate? Thanksgiving.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Tessa's smart when the writers need her to be and stupid when they need her to be, and they often need her to be both at once. Honestly I feel sorry for CF. At least the writing for Mariah is reasonably consistent.

The thing about the other holidays you listed is that they're all religious, whereas Thanksgiving is entirely secular, and as such, it's the likeliest to have meaning for every person in the family. I'm an atheist, my mom is Jewish, my dad believes in a higher power but not any specific religion, my brother has declared himself indifferent to the entire subject, my cousins are Christian, my niece is a Buddhist...so what's the one family holiday we can all genuinely celebrate? Thanksgiving.

I agree that Thanksgiving is basically a non religious holiday because of the way it's now being observed; but it was born out of a religious observance by giving thanks to god for a bountiful harvest.  I mentioned the religious holidays because there still can be a family dinner with out attending a religious service. My very diverse family and friends enjoys all the "holiday" dinners no matter what their beliefs.  

I aslo feel sorry for how they treat CF in a sense giving her a "split" personality.  And yes, the writing for GC is more consistent by allowing to display her superior acting skills. With that said, I feel sorry for Mariah by playing on those emotions. 

Share Post

There's nothing quite so repellent as the stench of smug moral superiority and Nate stinks of that as badly as ButtBiscuit does of douchebaggery.   I was so happy to see Devon, for ONCE, speak up for himself and tell that Mr. Murdstone-from-across-the-hall to pick the yoga pants outta his buttcrack and hit the bricks.

Devon gets to celebrate - or not - Thanksgiving any damn way he pleases.  Did this group of soulless takers called the Ashby-Winters clan ever stop to consider that maybe they should have been thinking of how to help HIM get through the holiday, how it's his first Thanksgiving without his wife and the promise of their child, that the reason he's aching with loss is that his sister couldn't keep her eyes on the road?  Did they take even ONE SECOND to think about him instead of constantly bleating at him about being there for their wife/mother/cousin?  They all stand their with their hands out, waiting for Devon to give them what ever they need, no matter the cost to him, no matter how the hell he's feeling or suffering and all they do is ask - demand, actually, he do more.  That's the dynamic - Lily is the center of the world, Cane by extension, and the twins because they don't know any better, with Kneel as the most grating, condescending back up singer to that bullshittery.  

And then there's Nate.  I was happy to see this character again, thought maybe he could breathe some new  and much needed life into this legacy family but instead he's this sour, judgemental, unpleasant and humorless harridan, intent on bullying everyone into doing and feeling things HIS way.   I don't believe his mother is in Africa with Doctors Without Borders any more than I believe his fiancee died.....they're both hiding out somewhere, escaping from this heart-withered obnoxious creep.  At his next yoga workout, I hope somebody plants a foot firmly up his behind when he's doing the Downward Dog.

He should call the cops on Devon, see how that works out.  Loud music during the day isn't going to get him anything from the police but a "Can you turn it down" to Devon and a mental mark against the crazy cranky guy.

Any way Mariah could anonymously turn in both Tessa and the Gang of 4?  She doesn't deserve being stuck with ANY of these utterly selfish assholes.  Sharon, you're not being a good mother, Not.Even.Close.

Edited by boes.

Share Post

Boes, you've done something I didn't even think was possible.  You've outdone yourself.  Bravo.

Share Post