Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Hope I'm doing this right.  I need a place to discuss "my story". 

Share Post

Hi Aquarius!!!! That's also my sign - are we like Emily and Patty-Cakes?  If so, I'm calling dibs on Patty-Cakes.

Share Post

Hi IOU Payne!  I guess that makes me Emily.  It shouldn't bother me because they were apparently interchangeable.  Like completely interchangeable.

Now they have dumbed Jack down to the extent that he'll be hooking up with Kelly.  Sigh.

Share Post

Lord, I hope we can make a go of it over here.  I'm going to miss TWoP mightily. 

My station preempted Y&R today.  Was the boxing match as awful as advertised?  I'll have to watch online I guess.  Because it goes without saying:  Victurd sucks.

Lord, I hope we can make a go of it over here.  I'm going to miss TWoP mightily. 

My station preempted Y&R today.  Was the boxing match as awful as advertised?  I'll have to watch online I guess.  Because it goes without saying:  Victurd sucks.

And, already I'm screwing up with the posting.  Sorry!

Edited by bayviewbubba.

Share Post

Hi everyone!  I really hope we can make a go of it here too because without being able to discuss these shows in a civilized manner I will have problems!

I normally watch Y&R on TVGN, so I didn't know it was pre-empted anywhere.  Was it pre-empted everywhere like it is for the NCAA crap? 

Speaking of which, I have never properly expressed my annoyance with the whole "Let's bond over March Madness!" stuff with Neil and Hillary.  The Price is Right was bad enough but it was mercifully brief.  The March Madness thing seems like it could go on far past March.

Share Post

I hope this works, too, because I love the snark at TWoP. What a sad day. I don't really watch anymore but if I read something on the boards that piques my curiosity, I will watch that episode.

Hooray! May the snark live on!

Share Post

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

Share Post

Yay!  We have our very own Small Talk thread!  Thanks!  I feel very welcome.

Share Post

I really hope we can make a go of it here

Yay the quote thingy works the same.  Neil and Hilary?  Gag me with a bracket!

Share Post

Gag me with a bracket!

Hee, good one!

I love how they also tried to make March Madness seem like "Leslie and Neil's thing."  We they even together last March??

Share Post

Hi! AxJ here!

So glad I'll still have somewhere to yak with the wittiest bunch of folks on the net. :)

Share Post

Hi there.  I was a lurker on TWoP! I thought this might be a good time to join in.  You guys make me laugh on a regular basis, and process my frustration (especially about stupid Chloe!), and I was bummed when they announced the end of the TWoP forums.  Also I wouldn't have picked "peach" had I realized in time that someone else was peacheslatour.  I'm budget peach, I guess.  lol

Share Post

I am so glad to see you all!  I agree, this is weird, and the news about TWoP hasn't quite sunk in, but I am an optimist at heart and I hope a lot of posters join here.  I would miss all our discussions.  I have watched Y&R since 1978 and I continue to do so mostly out of nostalgia, and it is good to have a bunch of intelligent insightful witty people to compare notes with.  It's just me and my husband in my household and let's just say my husband doesn't understand.

Share Post

I've watched it off and on over the years, and nostalgia does play a big part.  The theme song is one of the first things I learned to play on the piano when I was a kid.  When I was in labor with my first son 17 years ago, my husband and I passed some of the time eating cherry popsicles and watching Y&R, making fun of Victor Newman.  lol  He's an American institution, and y'all doing your "you GOT that?" impressions make me laugh out loud.  I started watching it on the regular when I took this summer off work, guilty pleasure, and I wasn't going to keep it up, but what can I say?  It's not even that good, but I can't help myself.  The forum actually makes it a lot more fun.  But since I started watching it this summer , they have been recasting everyone I finally got to know.  Now they are recasting the forum itself!!  Haha.

I've watched it off and on over the years, and nostalgia does play a big part.  The theme song is one of the first things I learned to play on the piano when I was a kid.  When I was in labor with my first son 17 years ago, my husband and I passed some of the time eating cherry popsicles and watching Y&R, making fun of Victor Newman.  lol  He's an American institution, and y'all doing your "you GOT that?" impressions make me laugh out loud.  I started watching it on the regular when I took this summer off work, guilty pleasure, and I wasn't going to keep it up, but what can I say?  It's not even that good, but I can't help myself.  The forum actually makes it a lot more fun.  But since I started watching it this summer , they have been recasting everyone I finally got to know.  Now they are recasting the forum itself!!  Haha.

Edited by peach.

Share Post

Bummed about TWoP....

Victurd boxing in his black t-shirt of virility and pot belly.  Must see tv.  Not.

Share Post

Victurd boxing in his black t-shirt of virility and pot belly.  Must see tv.  Not.

More like Wish-I-Could-Unsee TV.

Share Post

YaY--I got in---I was mostly a lurker at TWOP---I had "punctuation" problems one too many times---I watch Y&R with my 80s+ mom who lives with me and during my lifetime I have watched almost every soap at least a few weeks if not years and years---currently I am at least 2 weeks behind at Y&R (life happens) but I want to be with the TWOP crowd--cannot imagine not having you all in my life after all these years!!! I currently loathe Cane the most and have since day one--HATE. HIM. not too fond of Lily and I loved Jessica Collins and her cooking blog but Avery not so much and I loathe her with Dullard---think it is a crime to have lost Billy Miller and feel nothing for David Tom---my mom loved Victor for years (well ever since she retired) but now--not so much---lol---this looks like a good neighborhood

Share Post

David Tom's squealy voice is probably what I hate most at the moment.  That, and his entitled attitude he spreads all over Genoa City even though he's the one who left his kid in the car, kidnapped Adam at gunpoint causing his "death," cheated with Kelly, yet still thinks he should tell everyone else what to do.  Ordering Chelsea to stop looking into Adam's death?  Who does he think he is? The only person worse about it is Chloe.  She should have def ended up in Fairview with Kevin for a roommate. 

Edited by peach.

Share Post

Well I seem to be the only one who isn't bummed about twop going away. As long as I can join this forum hassle free all is good. I was shocked about it closing down but glad that this forum seems to be quickly taking its place. I also do Snarkfest which is a private forum if anyone is interested in going there.

aquarius wrote:

"I normally watch Y&R on TVGN, so I didn't know it was pre-empted anywhere.  Was it pre-empted everywhere like it is for the NCAA crap?"

I will always read TVGN as TGVN (abbreviation for the great victor newman nickname over at twop) so I read your post as literally watching the show while sitting on the great victor newman!

might take me a while with learning how to quote over here

Edited by stewedsquash.

Share Post

I wonder if CBS and Sony paid off TWOP to get rid of us! HAHAHAHA! But we'll just keep coming back! ;)

The thing I loved about TWOP was that I didn't get in trouble for saying MS was a bad actress, as I did over at SC ("the actors sometimes read these boards and may be offended" - BOO EFFIN' HOO!)  At least I can get rid of my TWOP "warning", finally. I never liked that it didn't expire, ever. And it's not as though I cyber-bullied or was nasty to someone - it was for "boards on boards", where I offered (apparently too much) opinion on how women are treated on this show. That got me the black mark that I would have been doomed to carry forever. ;)

So is this thread going to be the main discussion one? Honestly, I'm kind of time-poor and can't jump around to a lot of threads to work out what's going on. Y&R is the only soap we watch and TWOP's Y&R thread, the only one I read of any type, for the most part (it has a much higher combined I.Q. tha some other ones out there!) :)

Edited for typo.

Edited by AxellaJ.

Share Post

I guess I got to introduce myself... I was GambitKingdom on TWOP but I decided to sign up as DeafAngelboy23 since it was my Twitter name and XBOX/Playstation name. I tweeted a lot about YR on Twitter but I would like to participate in the discussion especially snarky parts.

I am little tired now but I hope to post my thoughts on Friday's episode... obviously after 3 PM. 

Share Post

I wonder if CBS and Sony paid off TWOP to get rid of us! HAHAHAHA! But we'll just keep coming back! ;)

The thing I loved about TWOP was that I didn't get in trouble for saying MS was a bad actress, as I did over at SC ("the actors sometimes read these boards and may be offended" - BOO EFFIN' HOO!)  At least I can get rid of my TWOP "warning", finally. I never liked that it didn't expire, ever. And it's not as though I cyber-bullied or was nasty to someone - it was for "boards on boards", where I offered (apparently too much) opinion on how women are treated on this show. That got me the black mark that I would have been doomed to carry forever. ;)

So is this thread going to be the main discussion one? Honestly, I'm kind of time-poor and can't jump around to a lot of threads to work out what's going on. Y&R is the only soap we watch and TWOP's Y&R thread, the only one I read of any type, for the most part (it has a much higher combined I.Q. that some other ones out there!) :)

I prefer the one thread method. This one seems to be a good starting point for twoppers. I am manuvering this site and learning how to "follow" threads. Which ever one becomes popular, least cumbersome to keep up with is the one I will post in the most. So far I have this thread on my follow list.

Edited by stewedsquash.

Share Post

*waving*  Hey all!  I haven't been watching much of YR these days as it's just a pure toilet bowl of unflushed shit, but damn I sure did love reading over at TWoP and posting occasionally with you all.  I will miss it, but as long as I know you all are somewhere, then I'll be there too!    So, here I am to read and get a good laugh at my "daily read".   I might be able to give up YR, but no way can I quit you all!  ((H))  

Share Post

I too like the one thread type of conversation we had at TwoP. So, I will try to chat here as well. But I'll keep an eye on the other threads...

Share Post

Ordering Chelsea to stop looking into Adam's death?

I know Adam killed his daughter but Billy's lack of sadness or remorse over what happened to Adam is a bit surprising. A person is dead and he's just going on about his life like nothing happened. 

Share Post

Hey folkes!  Smells like a new car in here!     A new place to discuss the cumings and goings in Genois City.  My shredder is all reved up and ready to go.

Welcome to the Steve Durton Show!

Share Post

I like the one thread conversation for the show (obviously episode threads don't make a lot of sense in the soap opera format).  But I like the idea of separate threads specific to characters and I like the nicknames being in their own thread - that pinned post on TWoP used to drive me crazy once the list got so long.

I would prefer to see a separate thread for the BTS stuff - interviews, tweets, etc - because sometimes I just want to read about what's ON the show and not get bothered by the BTS stuff.  But that's because I am not big on knowing a hell of a lot about BTS.  But I know in that (like many other ways) I am different than most.  So eiher way I'm okay.

Share Post

I know Adam killed his daughter but Billy's lack of sadness or remorse over what happened to Adam is a bit surprising. A person is dead and he's just going on about his life like nothing happened. 

i guess he might as well, since the police act like nothing happened either!  "Yes, Paul, I kidnapped him at gunpoint."  Oh, okay, well get better, Billy, that's the main thing.  He probably could have kidnapped Connor, and gotten a pat on the back instead of forced into marriage with Kevin. 

Edited by peach.

Share Post

*waving*  Hey all!  I haven't been watching much of YR these days as it's just a pure toilet bowl of unflushed shit, but damn I sure did love reading over at TWoP and posting occasionally with you all.  I will miss it, but as long as I know you all are somewhere, then I'll be there too!    So, here I am to read and get a good laugh at my "daily read".   I might be able to give up YR, but no way can I quit you all!  ((H))  

Hey, all!  Migrated over here - and so sad that TWoP is in its final throes.

PT, I've always enjoyed your posts. Sadly, I have been watching and, I can tell you without equivocation that you haven't been missing anything.  There is nothing happening on this show.  I can remember when we used to complain about Y&R having devolved into nothing but plot-driven drivel (as opposed to character-driven dramah), and frankly, I'd be all in for some plot-driven anything at this point. NOTHING is going on.  If this is what the Shelley Altman-Jean Passanante regime is all about, then I'd give this show a bullet to cancellation before the new fall season comes around.  It's as if the writers are collectively holding their breath until JFP recasts Adam and Phyllis. I don't know what they're trying to do at this point, but this has the feel of a Disney Channel migration.  How much longer can this show sustain itself with so little going on day after day?

Share Post

I'm all for one thread too. It's much more convenient and fun to read. Great to see so many showing up.

IA that there are some real stinky parts to Y&R these days but it's still MY show and I won't go quietly into the night.

Bummed about TWoP....

No shit! However, getting to see Tyler and Stitch looking' all sweaty and buff was definitely on my list. ; )

Share Post

If Billy insists on talking to that woman he could at least be smart enough to call her so he won't have to be seen with her in public. 

Why is Avery even allowed to talk to Jack about Phyllis' well being?

Correction Hillary, Leslie didn't walk away from Neil, he gave her a stupid ultimatum. 

Share Post

Hey TooMuch, good to see you here!   The family seems to be migrating over slowly,  I'm happy!   I too vote for the one constant running thread, it allows for a constant stream of discussion and everyone is sure to be 'heard' that way.  Imo, too many separate threads clog up a board.   I do agree with Aquarius though, that another thread for backstage/twitter drama might be nice, that way it doesn't derail the actual show discussion.  I also like the idea of a pinned thread at top for nicknames and common terms we use in discussion; it might prove helpful to those who are new.  

Share Post

Good to meet you all. Hopefully the beautiful and talented and clearly sexy moderators here at PreTV will be a little more fun-loving than some of the TWOPMods/burdgeoning fascists of other-site snark-threads past. We promise not to make a mess of your super-cool website, PreTV :-) and thanks for letting us visit and have a good time.

Share Post

Lol.  Max Page always sounds to me like the name of the super hero star of a kid's reading show.

Share Post

Thanks PreTV for the nice welcome. So glad to see so many friends here. I visit quite a few of the forums at TWOP, pretty much daily and having this place and so many of you here makes that sting a little less.

I bet MM is having a good laugh since he hated TWOP but that's probably the only laugh he's had recently so I'm ok with it. 

Neil and Hillary? Ewww. That's all I got.

Share Post

Neil and Hillary? Ewww. That's all I got.

Well...Lily will hate it.  So there's that.

Share Post

Especially because of his connection to her mother.  Uber creepy!

/How do we up-vote posts on this site?

Share Post

I was a somewhat lurker at TWOP, but decided to get in on the ground floor here when I saw the link.  I'm glad to see so many of the same names here from TWOP that made me laugh so much. I enjoy reading various viewpoints and bask in the delicious snark.

Share Post

*passes tray of Gina's lasagna and fancy cake plate of Devon's grandmother's 7-layer bars to the PreTV team and the Y&R gang* 

And now that we're well-fed, can someone please explain to me how Billy isn't being drawn and quartered for what he did to Adam (now played by "Thing").  To channel Captain Obvious, Adam is alive and living on the farm in Kansas, where apparently one of the rooms has been set up to be a hospital room/military torture chamber.  So Grambo can't go after Billyboy Abbott, because there's no frickin' corpse.  And one more thing - why isn't Grambo calling him Billyboy Abbott any more?  Was that reserved for BM????

Share Post

Billy getting away with kidnapping and terrorizing Adam/Thing is one of the biggest holes on the show right now. It would have been very easy for the writers to have Billy and Adam driving to the police station when they had their accident. Why do they continually paint themselves into these corners?????

I am glad that Jack is no longer all in Adam's storyline. It is asinine that Chelsea would turn to Victor rather than Jack for help in finding Adam, but whatevs. As long as Jack is spared from the role of fawning  surrogate father to 40-year-old Adam.

Share Post

*So Grambo can't go after Billyboy Abbott, because there's no frickin' corpse.  And one more thing - why isn't Grambo calling him Billyboy Abbott any more?  Was that reserved for BM????

Maybe it's less fun now that Billy really is like a little boy.  Who yells at Grambo and Chelsea for investigating their own family member's death, that he caused. 

"Chelsea, I know I sort of killed your husband and all, but DON'T TRUST VICTOR!" 

"Victor, I know I killed your son and all, but STAY OUT OF IT!"

"Victoria, I know I totally betrayed you, but YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE ME!"

<sigh> I think I'm really starting to love how much I hate Billy.

Share Post

I think I'm really starting to love how much I hate Billy.

It's the trainwreck effect.  Don't want to look, but can't look away!

Share Post

So nice to have a new home. I have watched Y&R off and on since high school - over 30 some years ago. I think I continue to watch it out of habit and enjoy the snark...I am more of a lurker but thought I'd introduce myself. Hate Victurd and Cane and Lily the most.

Share Post