S01.E04: A Choir With Two Heads 2014.12.03

Nobody's watching this? This episode really yanked my chain! Why did the hosts immediately just agree with Crazy Eyes Sarah and steamroll over the people who had a valid point about tradition? I feel like they didn't have the best understanding of what Sweet Adeleines groups are, and I felt like they went in there deciding to just toss away what the group stood for. These women joined a Sweet Adeleines group--and the hosts are like 'if you don't want to toss out the Adeleines format it's because you're rigid and closed off to new ideas'.

If Crazy Eyes had all these professional singers that want to do contemporary music, why not form a contemporary choir and let Alexis lead the original group?

Edited by BrokenRemote.

Share Post

I really hated the contemporary number they did.  And the choreography was a waste of time for this group.  If these ladies want to be a grown-up version of "Glee", then that's fine, but not for barbershop harmony and competitions. 

Why, oh why, do we always have to go into everyone's dysfunctional family dynamics on this show?  It's a lot less interesting than the singing, and Dietrick and Michelle aren't very good amateur psychologists.  More music, less talking, please!

Share Post

Stumbled across this last night when I couldn't sleep.  I actually found it quite interesting.  I agree about the amateur psychology though.  That felt really forced, especially the surprise visit by mom.

Share Post

Stumbled across this last night when I couldn't sleep.  I actually found it quite interesting.  I agree about the amateur psychology though.  That felt really forced, especially the surprise visit by mom.

Exactly.  That young woman went on and on about how her mother never loved her, etc., then mom shows up just in time to tell daughter how much she loves her and is proud of her.  So contrived!  I'd rather have just heard more singing.

Share Post

This is the first episode I saw and I like the show but agree that the amateur psychology is not needed. Also count me as one for tradition and felt like the new director needs to create another group for contemporary music. Finally, that song was horrendous for them.

Share Post

Do they really only sing one song for their performance?

Yes!! Someone answer this because I was wondering about this too.

Share Post