Real Housewives in the Media

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is the show where she stole the Britney costume from that she wore for Halloween so Ramona is likely doing Oops I Did It Again.

Screenshot (82).png

Fruit Roll-Up, by Ramona

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.

Share Post

I've never been particularly adept at identifying photo editing software at work, but to me, these heads don't belong on these bodies, lol.  Anyone else?

Screenshot (83).png

Share Post

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've never been particularly adept at identifying photo editing software at work, but to me, these heads don't belong on these bodies, lol.  Anyone else?

Screenshot (83).png

It does look like someone posted their heads on someone else's body or it was badly photo shopped by a drunk Sonja! LOL

Share Post

Oh my god, I completely forgot about the horrible boat trip!  So much has happened already, this season!  (Well, compared to RHOBH.)

Share Post

image.png.164913b57110872f894251ca6d7badb5.png

Aww.

I wonder if the lovebirds ran into Teddy Mellencamp while there?

Share Post

It was bad enough Bravo ran that awful Coupon Cabin (is that the name?) commercial but I just saw LuAnn and Dorinda in a promo for the new Mama Mia sequel.    

OMG!  Please make it stop!

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

17 hours ago, AnnA said:

It was bad enough Bravo ran that awful Coupon Cabin (is that the name?) commercial but I just saw LuAnn and Dorinda in a promo for the new Mama Mia sequel.    

OMG!  Please make it stop!

Ugh to the infinite degree. What is the point of the RH “special” commercials for the Incredibles and Mama Mia movies? They are bizarre and clunky and awful. It makes me NOT want to see the movie. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz.

Share Post

Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ugh to the infinite degree. What is the point of the RH “special” commercials for the  Incredibles and Mama Mia movies? They are bizarre and clunky and awful. It makes me NOT want to see the movie. 

Yeah, I don't understand why these companies feel the need to include the cast in a commercial.  I get the Coupon Cabin bit, but they have done several film ads using the cast.  If some psychology expert has told them that we the viewers are more inclined to look positively upon their service/product by including the cast...well, they should fire the psychology expert.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

We talked about this - must have been the Bethenny thread.  There are actually several B Strong charities, or those with similar nomenclature.  Very odd.

My mind went first to the Lance Armstrong one. It’s name is Live Strong but with all the “strong” charities it can be confusing to someone who doesn’t know details. There is also a Be Strong having to do with bullying and nothing to do with Bethenny. 

Share Post

On 7/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I don't understand why these companies feel the need to include the cast in a commercial.  I get the Coupon Cabin bit, but they have done several film ads using the cast.  If some psychology expert has told them that we the viewers are more inclined to look positively upon their service/product by including the cast...well, they should fire the psychology expert.

I think that's some of it, especially when they focus on a movie that isn't squarely in the Bravo demographic. For example, the Thor: Ragnarok spot that had Melissa Gorge and Giselle wander into the arena in the film and talk about how hot Thor looked during his fight with the Hulk. The other reason is that reality tv stars are cheaper.

https://www.reuters.com/article/entertainment-us-advertising-sag/hollywood-actors-face-new-worry-as-reality-commercials-rise-idUSBRE91E01B20130215

Share Post

17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

reality tv stars are cheaper.

I get that, but how about just run the damn trailer, like every other network does. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share Post

On 7/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I get that, but how about just run the damn trailer, like every other network does. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because if someone is fast-forwarding through commercials, they might stop when they see a character that was in their show. I think it’s a trick for the advertiser and an additional way for Bravo to make money. 

Share Post

One more thing about the housewives in commercials... it may be because we are all in tune with what they are doing, so we know about these commercials, but, here we are talking about them and mentioning Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia on these threads. Someone is picking that up in their advertising success counts. So, from their standpoint, it’s working.  

Share Post

On July 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've only seen the Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia (with HWs) commercials on Bravo.    Does anyone know if they're shown on the other networks?     I'm guessing they are not.  With a few exceptions, people who don't watch the HWs wouldn't recognize them anyway.    Exactly zero - none - not one of my friends, family,  co-workers or neighbors watches the HW shows.

Share Post

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I've only seen the Coupon Cabin and Mama Mia (with HWs) commercials on Bravo.    Does anyone know if they're shown on the other networks?     I'm guessing they are not.  With a few exceptions, people who don't watch the HWs wouldn't recognize them anyway.    Exactly zero - none - not one of my friends, family,  co-workers or neighbors watches the HW shows.

That’s the point. These specific commercials are run on Bravo- usually in the HW’s time slots. If another network chose to engage in this type of partnership/ agreement with advertisers, they would use stars that would garner attention from their specific viewers. Know what I mean? 

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

That’s the point. These specific commercials are run on Bravo- usually in the HW’s time slots. If another network chose to engage in this type of partnership/ agreement with advertisers, they would use stars that would garner attention from their specific viewers. Know what I mean? 

I wonder how well it's working.  Bravo's ratings aren't great so the pool of viewers isn't either and so many people DVR everything and FF through the commercials.

Share Post

Just now, AnnA said:

I wonder how well it's working.  Bravo's ratings aren't great so the pool of viewers isn't either and so many people DVR everything and FF through the commercials.

Yep.. I’m a fast forwarding fool. But, I have gotten “caught” as I see a glimpse of Tinsley... I stop for a second, realize it’s the commercial then fast forward again. 

Share Post

2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

They have been doing through the different franchises for over a year, Atlanta did a Blamk Panther one, so I imagine they are getting enough traction to continue.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They have been doing through the different franchises for over a year, Atlanta did a Blamk Panther one, so I imagine they are getting enough traction to continue.

It's also a way to subsidize a HW's income without giving her a raise.   This way the advertiser pays them and Bravo saves money.   I've become so cynical; it's sad.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

2 hours ago, AnnA said:

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Yep.. I’m a fast forwarding fool. But, I have gotten “caught” as I see a glimpse of Tinsley... I stop for a second, realize it’s the commercial then fast forward again. 

Bravo's viewers are wealthier and better educated than most networks. So even if these ads only reach 2 million eyes, they are eyes with money. By putting housewives in commercials, they prevent the fast forwarding.

Share Post

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bravo's viewers are wealthier and better educated than most networks. So even if these ads only reach 2 million eyes, they are eyes with money. By putting housewives in commercials, they prevent the fast forwarding.

Really?   Considering the trash factor of Bravo programming that surprises me. 

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Really?   Considering the trash factor of Bravo programming that surprises me. 

It shouldn't because enjoyment of these shows requires viewers who are fairly sophisticated and worldly. They aren't good shows. But because wealth and class have a very strong throughline in their shows, viewers need to be conversant in those issues, which means they probably have some college education and a pretty good household income.

Share Post

Didn't really know  where to put this, the seating chart for the reunion is out per Bravo:

Sitting next to Andy: Bethenny and Carole on opposite sides.

Bethenny, Sonja and Ramona are on one couch, with Sonja between Bethenny and Ramona.  Ramona at the far end. 

Carole, Dorinda and Tinsley on the other couch with Dorinda between Carole and Tinsley.

There was a time when Ramona was assured a seat next to Andy.  No more, I guess.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/videos/get-your-first-look-at-the-real-housewives-of

Bethenny has also tweeted:  "Reunion: Easy Breezy"

Clip from TMZ has Ramona, Sonja and Tinsely arriving at reunion and being asked about LuAnn.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/luann-de-lesseps-missed-by-rhony-cast-season-10-reunion-taping-rehab/

Edited by mwell345.

Share Post

On 7/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, mwell345 said:

Didn't really know  where to put this, the seating chart for the reunion is out per Bravo:

Sitting next to Andy: Bethenny and Carole on opposite sides.

Bethenny, Sonja and Ramona are on one couch, with Sonja between Bethenny and Ramona.  Ramona at the far end. 

Carole, Dorinda and Tinsley on the other couch with Dorinda between Carole and Tinsley.

There was a time when Ramona was assured a seat next to Andy.  No more, I guess.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/videos/get-your-first-look-at-the-real-housewives-of

Bethenny has also tweeted:  "Reunion: Easy Breezy"

Clip from TMZ has Ramona, Sonja and Tinsely arriving at reunion and being asked about LuAnn.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/luann-de-lesseps-missed-by-rhony-cast-season-10-reunion-taping-rehab/

According to this article, the reunion was not "Easy Breezy" for Bethenny.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhony-reunion-at-some-points-it-was-everybody-vs-bethenny-frankel/  

Share Post