Season 2 Episode Discussion

Zach Levi in New Orleans was a bit of a let down.  Between that city and that guy I'd been hoping for more. 

I guess it didn't help that he's apparently something of a self-confessed philistine foodwise.  

I always find these episodes a bit weird, BTW, when the star is married to someone who's also famous who's just mysteriously missing from the travelogue. I suppose it's more than possible that Missy Peregrym was working on some project of her own, and Zero Point Zero Productions was only paying for Levi himself as on-screen talent, but it's still weird knowing something about a star in real life and not seeing it reflected onscreen. We DID get to see Zach's sister, although she seemed really oddly shoehorned in there (who's fairly ridiculously attractive but despite that somehow NOT in show biz I think).

Share Post

Missy and Zach are fairly low-key in public about their personal relationship so I didn't find it that surprising; and depending on the timing Missy could have been in Canada filming Rookie Blue because some of this season was filmed awhile ago. 

Looking forward to the Mos Def, or rather Yasiin Bey, in Morocco because it's one of my favorite places. 

Share Post

I was really disappointed by the Morocco episode. It felt they were in this little bubble and rarely were around other people and so it made Morocco seem so dull and like some generic anywhere. One empty shop to one empty high end restaurant and back to the hotel. I mean you can make any city seem like that but this is the first time I ever felt that from an episode of this show or any of ZPZ shows. 

Share Post

I was perplexed by Jenny Slate in Barcelona. I thought the premise was a celebrity showing off a place where they "getaway" whenever possible. Slate said she's never been to Barcelona. So it's not really her getaway, just a dream vacation. Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) in Morocco was OK but I didn't feel like I was seeing some side of the country that hasn't been featured in travel shows. Well, besides his barber... and the cameras weren't allowed there. He definitely needed the other man with him so someone would have something to say in the episode. Monologues and playing to the camera isn't for everyone.

Share Post

They have been showing marathons of the show, I really enjoyed it and wish they would bring it back.

Share Post