Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Aww, how sweet. RIP Mr. Wilson.

Share Post

Went to a concert tonight - Light the Torch, Avatar, and Trivium.  GREAT show.

No vocal chords left to speak of.

Need to find out if Amazon has any deals on new foot arches.

That is all.

Share Post

So you put your foot in your mouth again? geddit? need foot arches after losing your voice. I'll be here all week, tip your waitresses.

Share Post

Hey now; when you’re standing in the thick of a few hundred twenty-somethings (most of whom are taller than you) and they start JUMP! JUMP!-ing at the band’s behest, you better JUMP! JUMP! too or you’re gonna get the everlovin’ shit beat outta you.  My own fault for never losing my taste for metal, but hey - it goes with the territory.  :)

Share Post

Hi, 

Rewards has videos to watch-n-earn points. One of them mentions a contest for a signed katana. It states go to AMC.com/katana. I can't find where to enter on that page. If any of you find where to enter please let me know. 

Thank You

Share Post

9 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Hi, 

Rewards has videos to watch-n-earn points. One of them mentions a contest for a signed katana. It states go to AMC.com/katana. I can't find where to enter on that page. If any of you find where to enter please let me know. 

Thank You

I tried it and the entry page link is under the pic of Danai, as usual I can’t enter though!

Share Post

Fuck AMC and their "Premiere Service", or whatever they want to call it, where people pay extra to watch their shitty shows 24 hours early and perhaps "without commercial breaks".  You're not HBO.  And TWD isn't Better Call Saul.

It all went down the tubes with the advent of Negan.  I am just realizing how much time has been wasted on that POS story during the marathon (which I inadvertently recorded) : 34 episodes to go of Negan, Negan, Negan?  No, thank you.  Once was enough.

Edited by walnutqueen. Reason: numbers count

Share Post

12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I tried it and the entry page link is under the pic of Danai, as usual I can’t enter though!

Thx for taking the time to help me.  I followed the steps It just takes me to a page without her pic. After I asked for help I remembered entering on the rewards site a month ago. I think it was the same contest. Good luck to my fellow contest players. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I am just realizing how much time has been wasted on that POS story during the marathon (which I inadvertently recorded) : 34 episodes to go of Negan, Negan, Negan?

My stupid DVR often decides not to record shows I want it to, but without my permission it records every single TWD: Marathons, gab fests, previews and yeah, All Negan All the Time. I hate that POS DVR.

Share Post

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My stupid DVR often decides not to record shows I want it to, but without my permission it records every single TWD: Marathons, gab fests, previews and yeah, All Negan All the Time. I hate that POS DVR.

I FEEL your pain!!!  I have a brand spanking new DVR-In-Waiting; yet to be hooked up, because my old obsolete DVR keeps automatically recording shit I DO need to watch (I call it the Not Negan Hours).  :-)

Share Post

11 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Thx for taking the time to help me.  I followed the steps It just takes me to a page without her pic. After I asked for help I remembered entering on the rewards site a month ago. I think it was the same contest. Good luck to my fellow contest players. 

I’m not sure but I thought I saw one of the winners of that, I could be mistaken though, this is what appears at amc.com/katana,

E6F443B5-4486-42C2-BB47-4D7CAD222ABF.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

I’ve already missed the time window for this week’s sweepstakes entry, I expect.  My DVR recorded the episode when it aired Sunday, but I haven’t felt compelled to watch it yet - if that tells you anything.

Share Post

13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m not sure but I thought I saw one of the winners of that, I could be mistaken though, this is what appears at amc.com/katana,

This is not the page that came up for me. I believe I entered on the Rewards page about a month ago. Maybe that is why this page won't come up for me. I will give it another try now that I see what it looks like. Thanks for taking the time to show the page. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I found the rules page. It had the entry info  on it. I was able to enter. Thanks for taking  the extra effort. I had given up. 

Share Post

Just an FYI they do have another 50 point video on Rewards tonight. Also, I 50 pt video for twitter users. What a deal I missed out on today. An Exclusive Carol Tote for only 5,000 points. Oh well, maybe next time. Have a great weekend. 

Just now, WalkerTalker said:

Just an FYI they do have another 50 point video on Rewards tonight. Also, I 50 pt video for twitter users. What a deal I missed out on today. An Exclusive Carol Tote for only 5,000 points. Oh well, maybe next time. Have a great weekend. 

10/12/18

Edited by WalkerTalker. Reason: Change 10/21/18 to 10/12/18

Share Post

I'm going to be the one person on their deathbed, lamenting the fact that they didn't finish watching The Sopranos (or anything else) *because my internet was never fixed*. AT&T don't seem to know what they're doing. It was cutting out for ages before the modem died completely. Everything in this house has been breaking, and I feel like I'm going to end up doing the head-spinning exorcist thing before long. I feel like screaming - and that's just with personal stuff, before I start to think about world and American issues. 

Edited by Anela.

Share Post

I wonder if the Canadian viewing figures might experience an increase, now that the whole country can relax legally on a Sunday night, I’m fully expecting a Walking Dead ‘Love In’ at the weekend Lol

🇨🇦🇨🇦 Go Canada 🇨🇦🇨🇦

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I wonder if the Canadian viewing figures might experience an increase, now that the whole country can relax legally on a Sunday night,

I've had this show legally for quite some time and my DVR recorded it even after I ditched AMC and didn't want to watch all the peripheral money-grabbing crap, commercial garbage, McDonald's type action figures, contests, interviews, etc.  I now have again AMC included in a new package. A "Love In"? Nope, not here. I used to rewatch eps from the earlier seasons but have no desire to do that anymore. Once is more than enough for me.

On 10/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, Anela said:

I'm going to be the one person on their deathbed, lamenting the fact that they didn't finish watching The Sopranos

I watch very little TV, but the Sopranos, while it was on, was such a part of my life that I recall jumping up from a dinner party with such force I nearly overturned my chair to get home and watch it. "OMG, it's nearly 9:00! I have to go home now!":p

Share Post

13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've had this show legally for quite some time and my DVR recorded it even after I ditched AMC and didn't want to watch all the peripheral money-grabbing crap, commercial garbage, McDonald's type action figures, contests, interviews, etc.  I now have again AMC included in a new package. A "Love In"? Nope, not here. I used to rewatch eps from the earlier seasons but have no desire to do that anymore. Once is more than enough for me.

Errrr....... I didn’t think my point was that subtle lol

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

I knew you meant legal pot! I been ready to start packing but that seals the deal. Canada I'm coming!

Share Post

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Errrr....... I didn’t think my point was that subtle lol

OH! Hahaha! nachomama helped your point sink into my dull brain. Duh.

Yes, I've never used that particular herb in my life, but I think it's high time I start. Booze isn't working anymore to help me get through these eps.XD

Share Post

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, I've never used that particular herb in my life, but I think it's high time I start. Booze isn't working anymore to help me get through these eps.XD

I don’t partake either, it’s just nice to see a modern country addressing the problem in a sensible way, you better stock up for the 5th episode Lol

On 13/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, WalkerTalker said:

What a deal I missed out on today. An Exclusive Carol Tote for only 5,000 points

You snooze you lose Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

22 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I don’t partake either, it’s just nice to see a modern country addressing the problem in a sensible way,

Even though I never toked up, I've always thought it was ridiculous to criminalize it. I never understood why that was illegal, yet booze wasn't only not illegal but glamorized in ads, as though only sophisticated people in evening gowns and tuxes imbibe. Yeah, right.  People do horrible things while drunk, yet to my knowledge grass has never made anyone murderous/violent.

Share Post

On 10/18/2018 at 5:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Even though I never toked up, I've always thought it was ridiculous to criminalize it. I never understood why that was illegal, yet booze wasn't only not illegal but glamorized in ads, as though only sophisticated people in evening gowns and tuxes imbibe. Yeah, right.  People do horrible things while drunk, yet to my knowledge grass has never made anyone murderous/violent.

I have seen many a food product murdered by peeps after toking, lol........................................................ . 

Share Post

I don't partake, but my only issue with pot smokers is how it affects them as drivers.  We have breathalyzers for drunk drivers but I haven't heard of anything about how to determine if a pot smoker is  under the influence.

Share Post

22 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't partake, but my only issue with pot smokers is how it affects them as drivers.  We have breathalyzers for drunk drivers but I haven't heard of anything about how to determine if a pot smoker is  under the influence.

Red Eye Express,lol

Slow on the draw, comeback wise, lol

On their way to purchase food, lol

I'm sure they will come up with some quick breathalyzer test, or finger stick test they can take on the road. All kidding aside under the influence is similar to booze. I don't partake but have seen many a folk who have. 

Share Post

59 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

In the U.K., the cops carry a swab type thing that you wipe on your tongue then put into a machine that gives an indication as to what drugs you’ve taken, I’ve always been amazed that you guys still make people walk in a straight line and balance on one leg for drink driving instead of using a breathalyser, I’m hoping things have improved in that respect! 

Share Post

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

In the U.K., the cops carry a swab type thing that you wipe on your tongue then put into a machine that gives an indication as to what drugs you’ve taken, I’ve always been amazed that you guys still make people walk in a straight line and balance on one leg for drink driving instead of using a breathalyser, I’m hoping things have improved in that respect! 

I don't understand what you're saying because we do have breathalysers for drunk drivers.

Edited by Ohwell.

Share Post

Look, I'd rather not share the road with ANY impaired drivers - and by that I'm including those distracted by phone calls, texting, and misbehaving children - but I guess I'd take a stoned driver over a drunk one, if you held a gun to my head.  Most of the stoners I've known are exceedingly cautious and focused while driving, and their slight paranoia does little more than make them drive just a leetle too slowly.  Of course, they do get distracted by the drive thrus; especially Taco Bell.  :-)

Share Post

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I don't understand what you're saying because we do have breathalysers for drunk drivers.

Well I guess things have changed then, I’ve watched many clips of cops asking drivers to do a roadside sobriety test, balance and coordination being tested, and this wasn’t that long ago but I’m glad you’ve done away with that nonsense now.

Share Post

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well I guess things have changed then, I’ve watched many clips of cops asking drivers to do a roadside sobriety test, balance and coordination being tested, and this wasn’t that long ago but I’m glad you’ve done away with that nonsense now.

I don't know if every jurisdiction has done away with sobriety tests, etc., but I wouldn't call then "nonsense" at any rate.  

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

but I guess I'd take a stoned driver over a drunk one, if you held a gun to my head.

Yeah I guess I would, too, but there is more discussion (at least in DC where having a certain amount of pot is legal), about its effects on drivers.   In my own personal experience, I just found potheads to be boring.  But yeah, I'd take them over an obnoxious drunk.

Share Post

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

NOPE

Share Post

Hey, 

Does anyone know how many items we can vote  on the Fan Art contest, and how many times we can vote? Is it only one item, one time? I can't find the rules for voting, only for entering. 

Thank You 

Edited by WalkerTalker. Reason: removed a, for

Share Post

Yeah, you WILL die, or go permanently crazy if you take even one pot. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, you WILL die, or go permanently crazy if you take even one pot. 

Yep. It made these two play the piano maniacally and become violent and paranoid, even though neither of them were inhaling at all.

Go to 56:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w

Share Post

DYHIW: It becomes increasingly, undeniably, frustratingly clear you understand the technical ramifications of how your ISP’s networking equipment works SOOOOO much more than the Technical Support staff you have to go through to resolve the situation?

Background: I’ve been doing IT hardware / software / networking R&D and support for 30+ years, and I work from home - therefore, functional network access is a critical necessity for me to work.

With that in mind, this was my Monday afternoon:

• 3:15pm: Internet access drops out.
  • 3:25pm: Identified the problem - cable modem had fried itself.  Wouldn’t go through its normal power-up sequence, even with all cables and wires disconnected.
  • 3:30pm: On the phone with Xfinity Customer Support.  Tell the tech (“Steve” with an extremely heavy Indian accent) the cable modem is dead; Steve says, “Well, let’s just go through a few checks first.”
  • 4:30pm: Steve concludes his “few checks”, says he can’t figure out what is wrong, and wants to schedule a service call for the following day.  I ask if I can simply swap out the cable modem; Steve initially resists, but finally gives me an address to a Comcast location where I can swap out the cable modem - but insists on also scheduling a tech service call for the following day.
  • 4:35pm: In my truck and headed to the Comcast location.
  • 4:55pm: Arrive and turn in dead cable modem.  The rep attempts to just give me a replacement, but their system won’t let him do it unless/until I’ve gone through their check-in process.  Tech checks me in, gives me a ticket and tells me to wait for them to call - I’m 2nd in the queue.
  • 5:30pm: My name gets called; 25 minutes and two different techs later, get my replacement cable modem.
  • 6:00pm: Back in the truck.  Rush hour traffic.  Feh.
  • 6:45pm: Back home and installing the cable modem.  Turns out Xfinity’s idiot-proof installation sequence won’t work with my home network configuration; it wants to configure itself as a WiFi hotspot, when I need it to work as a hardwire bridge.  Start figuring out how to hack their equipment.
  • 7:45pm: Bridge reconfiguration complete; home network back up and operational.  Get on Comcast web site to cancel service call.
  • 8:30pm: Give up trying to cancel appointment online (spoiler alert: you can’t).  Call Xfinity Customer Support line.
  • 8:35pm: Service call appointment cancelled.

...and if “Steve” had his way I’d still be waiting another 15+ hours minimum before even a chance of getting back online.  

How the monkeyrubbing fuck do folks with no tech support chops get ANYTHING done in a reasonable amount of time?

Oh, for a LART big enough to reach from Nashville to New Delhi....

Share Post

6 hours ago, Nashville said:

It becomes increasingly, undeniably, frustratingly clear you understand the technical ramifications of how your ISP’s networking equipment works SOOOOO much more than the Technical Support staff you have to go through to resolve the situation?

Technical support? I don't even want to talk about the ordeal I was forced to endure lately with my ISP OR the 1 1/2 HRS I spent on the phone with them before that, when I was wishing for a bullet to my brain to end the misery.

Share Post

On 10/30/2018 at 4:05 AM, Nashville said:

DYHIW: It becomes increasingly, undeniably, frustratingly clear you understand the technical ramifications of how your ISP’s networking equipment works SOOOOO much more than the Technical Support staff you have to go through to resolve the situation?

Background: I’ve been doing IT hardware / software / networking R&D and support for 30+ years, and I work from home - therefore, functional network access is a critical necessity for me to work.

With that in mind, this was my Monday afternoon:

• 3:15pm: Internet access drops out.
  • 3:25pm: Identified the problem - cable modem had fried itself.  Wouldn’t go through its normal power-up sequence, even with all cables and wires disconnected.
  • 3:30pm: On the phone with Xfinity Customer Support.  Tell the tech (“Steve” with an extremely heavy Indian accent) the cable modem is dead; Steve says, “Well, let’s just go through a few checks first.”
  • 4:30pm: Steve concludes his “few checks”, says he can’t figure out what is wrong, and wants to schedule a service call for the following day.  I ask if I can simply swap out the cable modem; Steve initially resists, but finally gives me an address to a Comcast location where I can swap out the cable modem - but insists on also scheduling a tech service call for the following day.
  • 4:35pm: In my truck and headed to the Comcast location.
  • 4:55pm: Arrive and turn in dead cable modem.  The rep attempts to just give me a replacement, but their system won’t let him do it unless/until I’ve gone through their check-in process.  Tech checks me in, gives me a ticket and tells me to wait for them to call - I’m 2nd in the queue.
  • 5:30pm: My name gets called; 25 minutes and two different techs later, get my replacement cable modem.
  • 6:00pm: Back in the truck.  Rush hour traffic.  Feh.
  • 6:45pm: Back home and installing the cable modem.  Turns out Xfinity’s idiot-proof installation sequence won’t work with my home network configuration; it wants to configure itself as a WiFi hotspot, when I need it to work as a hardwire bridge.  Start figuring out how to hack their equipment.
  • 7:45pm: Bridge reconfiguration complete; home network back up and operational.  Get on Comcast web site to cancel service call.
  • 8:30pm: Give up trying to cancel appointment online (spoiler alert: you can’t).  Call Xfinity Customer Support line.
  • 8:35pm: Service call appointment cancelled.

...and if “Steve” had his way I’d still be waiting another 15+ hours minimum before even a chance of getting back online.  

How the monkeyrubbing fuck do folks with no tech support chops get ANYTHING done in a reasonable amount of time?

Oh, for a LART big enough to reach from Nashville to New Delhi....

Steve is reading off a script.

Comcast doesn’t hire people with IT backgrounds.  The starting pay is shockingly low, stateside and overseas.  Stateside has metrics you have to meet, including truck rolls and transfer rates.  Smart people want to advance and become experts in trouble shooting, therefore reducing the need to send a tech or transfer the call. 

Yes I worked at Comcast.  

Share Post

3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Steve is reading off a script.

Comcast doesn’t hire people with IT backgrounds.  The starting pay is shockingly low, stateside and overseas.  Stateside has metrics you have to meet, including truck rolls and transfer rates.  Smart people want to advance and become experts in trouble shooting, therefore reducing the need to send a tech or transfer the call. 

Yes I worked at Comcast.  

Oh, I know; “Steve” is just looking at a screen and going down the checklist.  It just gets frustrating when (for the umpteenth time) I’ve already identified the problem before I called, and have to maintain some semblance of patience while “Steve” starts with Step 1 - then Step 2 - then Step 3 - etc., etc., when I’m already at Step 36 and waiting for him to catch up.  

Since the call support talking heads’ job ratings are based on how short they can keep their call times (by either quickly resolving the problem or escalating it higher up the food chain), I usually have better luck convincing them to kick me up the tier - but no joy this go-around.  “Steve” was intractable.

Share Post

Shhhh...I'm soon to be "Steve" although not really but I start a new job Thursday at a call center where I schedule stuff. Not IT so thank goodness I hope to be more competent than Steve. I imagine I will get yelled at quite a bit. It's only 2 days a week.

Share Post

I was 4th in line to vote this morning, I have zero confidence, ZERO, that our shit aint all fucked up. I'm in Georgia and the guy who oversees election bullshirt is running for governor. suuuuuuuuuuure he's gonna make sure it's honest. I feel like we need to go back to dropping a rock in a bucket and counting them at the end of the day.

Share Post

I early-voted last week - as did a record number of young voters, apparently - so now I’m simply praying the machines containing all those early votes don’t just up and “disappear”.  :/

Share Post

I’ve just this second watched Mile 22, was it without faults, hell no, was it a good  evenings entertainment, hell yes, I think Lauren does ‘bad ass’ pretty damn  well, it was great seeing her in something different, although not the most qualified to judge, her accent seemed ok to me. With a sequel all set up I look forward to the next instalment. If she can keep getting gigs like this, I fear for her future involvement with ‘The Dead’ though.

Share Post