Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

You guys, my new boss was fired.  He managed to screw our process up to the point that we are missing thousands of payments.  But I think it was the light sexual  harassment he indulged in last Friday that did him in.  Or the lying to clients, or maybe they finally found the mug shot.

im not celebrating, but am relieved.  Everyone is. 

Share Post

Wow, that was quick. I have to suffer decades with bosses that suck. I didn't realize how good I had it with my first job out of college. My boss was so awesome. He paid the down payment on my house! He's like my dad, fuck that, he's way better than my dad. Who knew virtually everyone would suck from that point on?

Share Post

8 hours ago, nachomama said:

Wow, that was quick. I have to suffer decades with bosses that suck. I didn't realize how good I had it with my first job out of college. My boss was so awesome. He paid the down payment on my house! He's like my dad, fuck that, he's way better than my dad. Who knew virtually everyone would suck from that point on?

This is the first time really that I’ve had a boss so awful.  Most of the times they were ok, even if I didn’t like them.  But they didn’t let him take his Calvin Klein Escape cologne from 1997 or the Tony Robbins books he suggested we read instead of you know, being jefe and fixing problems.  I kind of feel bad. How will he smell faintly unpleasant and bloviate without a shitty self help book to nab a quote from?  

I sort of set him up.  Ok, I set him up.  I knew he can’t resist talking over women, and has a superiority complex, so I asked his “help” dealing with a bitchy account executive.  She snapped his head off, handed him his ass, and made the final complaint to HR.  Sometimes you have to move up the food chain to get shit done.

he lives with his parents.  He’ll be fine until he lies his way into a new position.

frankly, I have no idea why he was hired.  He drools, looks dirty, and smelled like booze in the morning.

Share Post

5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I sort of set him up.  Ok, I set him up.  I knew he can’t resist talking over women, and has a superiority complex, so I asked his “help” dealing with a bitchy account executive.  She snapped his head off, handed him his ass, and made the final complaint to HR.  Sometimes you have to move up the food chain to get shit done.

Sounds to me like an admirable job of evaluating and efficiently employing available tools in the existing administrative structure to successfully achieve the desired result.  You getting a bonus out of this, or are you up for a promotion?  ;>

Share Post

I have no idea how people fail upwards like that. I don’t think I’m the smartest person in the World and my position in the universe kinda reflects that. I wallow in the doldrums. But according to that guy ^ I coulda been so much more. The more assholey you act the more promotions you get. Or like my sister, a human sponge, never held a job more than a couple years and somehow the universe provides for her. She’s mooched off my oldest sister for years now. 

4 hours ago, Superclam said:

I think I might love you, Mu Shu. 

Anyone else want pancakes now? 

Share Post

15 hours ago, nachomama said:

I have no idea how people fail upwards like that. I don’t think I’m the smartest person in the World and my position in the universe kinda reflects that. I wallow in the doldrums. But according to that guy ^ I coulda been so much more. The more assholey you act the more promotions you get. 

Ever hear of the Dilbert Principle?  ;)

Share Post

20 hours ago, Superclam said:

I think I might love you, Mu Shu. 

I’m available!  Do you fish, and have room for a small kiln?

17 hours ago, Nashville said:

Sounds to me like an admirable job of evaluating and efficiently employing available tools in the existing administrative structure to successfully achieve the desired result.  You getting a bonus out of this, or are you up for a promotion?  ;>

No sir, they hate me.  But I’m useful.  The sheep who endured him and cried at their desks didn’t even make me a fucking pie.

but I’ll tell you what mr. Lincoln, I made that march. 

Share Post

8 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m available!  Do you fish, and have room for a small kiln?

Well, I like to eat fish, and my kids would probably like that kiln! 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

No sir, they hate me.  But I’m useful.  The sheep who endured him and cried at their desks didn’t even make me a fucking pie.

but I’ll tell you what mr. Lincoln, I made that march. 

Ever hear of the M*A*S*H model?  It’s based off the semi-autobiographical characters of Hawkeye Pierce and Duke Forrest in Richard Hooker’s original book, off which the movie and TV series were based.  Early on the two decided upon a simple plan to get through their tour of service: if they were regularly the most excellent performers in their particular work field, they could get a veritable shit-ton of slack cut for them in other areas.  If you can maintain the required performance levels for an extended period of time, it can make for a MUCH more enjoyable workplace experience.  Hell - over the past 3+ decades, it’s worked pretty damn well for me.  ;)

One caveat, though; if you do too good a job, future attempts to leave the organization may be met with strong discouragement - if not outright sabotage.

Share Post

So - did anybody else help set a new Guinness world record this weekend?  ;)

Share Post

Were you a surfer or a surfee? I don't generally do the surfing because you know I'm the one they drop. and no good groping before they dump me on my noggin.

Share Post

In recent years I’ve restricted myself to surfee status - generally consider myself too old and fat for that stuff any more - but on this singular occasion I was one of (I think) 264 surfers.  

Hey, we were shooting for a Guinness record, so - GOING UP!!!  :>

File it under “Taking one for the team”.  :)

Share Post

Well at least you can retire with all the money you made and think of alllll the people who will seek your autograph now. You’ll have to use fake names checking into hotels and those Guinness groupies will be coming out of the woodwork. I can’t believe I know someone with a Guinness world record ! 

Share Post

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all week.   :D

Share Post

I have been very critical of FTWD, but the last episode was really good.  It didn't have any of the original cast, which was a plus.  It did have that singing fish on a plaque that was so popular many years ago.  So if you ever get bored and feel like you want to give that series another chance, that episode is worth watching. 

Edited by icemiser69.

Share Post

Hey, has anyone watched the Netflix series Requiem?  It's really creepy and good.  (Originally a BBC series)

It seems to be flying under the radar; there's not even a page for it on this site. But I thought it was great old school 70's occult horror/suspense, but gorgeously shot.  It's a little bit slow at the beginning, but picks up.  Spooky Welsh villages with creepy mansions and runes, etc.

Edited by peach.

Share Post

1 hour ago, peach said:

Spooky Welsh villages with creepy mansions and runes, etc.

I like the sound of that, thank for the tip!  I should really explore Netflix more.  I need an inexpensive Smart TV, I have to watch Netflix shows on my laptop, which I hate, but I did for Stranger Things.  My current TV is so ancient I can't even connect the laptop to it, heh.

Share Post

2 hours ago, raven said:

I like the sound of that, thank for the tip!  I should really explore Netflix more.  I need an inexpensive Smart TV, I have to watch Netflix shows on my laptop, which I hate, but I did for Stranger Things.  My current TV is so ancient I can't even connect the laptop to it, heh.

Luckily they aren't too awfully priced anymore.  This was good on a bigger screen, in the dark.  Watch it in the dark.  lol  Even though it's summer and you have to wait til late.  The main character also wears great clothes, which I enjoy.  If you like it, maybe you can get them to add it to the Shows list.

Share Post

On 5/17/2018 at 5:54 PM, peach said:

Hey, has anyone watched the Netflix series Requiem?  It's really creepy and good.  (Originally a BBC series)

It seems to be flying under the radar; there's not even a page for it on this site. But I thought it was great old school 70's occult horror/suspense, but gorgeously shot.  It's a little bit slow at the beginning, but picks up.  Spooky Welsh villages with creepy mansions and runes, etc.

That sounds good.  We’ve had 11 straight days of clouds and rain with more coming this weekend.  Now I have a plan.

i set a Guinness world record.  I bitched so much that the head bitch of bitching bitch slapped me with a trophy made by bitches.

i am proud.  Still no new boss, but I got offered a whopping 31k to take on a job with a poop ton of responsibility and a really unpleasant client.   I am so happy to have landed back in 2002!

Share Post

@moderator,

I wish to  discuss generally the upcoming season, can I create a Season 9 speculation topic?  if so does it have to say spoilers and speculation?

many thanks

Share Post

Hey, OoohMaggie......I think the last person to make a post at AMC's site was Walker Talker. He was letting people know about points.

Share Post

Hey OoohMaggie, I'd be interested in S9  speculation topic, too!

Is there a small talk topic in all shows? How is this small talk topic different from the AMC refugee one? WT got into AMC around 10AM last Tuesday. I'd been on at 5am and left Pamala some questions, and also for Landrew. Tried to get back in at noon (EST) Tuesday... and everything was gone.

Share Post

Nex, 

Didnt jingles say something about it

CR

yes, different small talk on every forum.  When TWD starts we’ll chat in that small talk, just use the one belonging to the show we’re watching at the time. 

Share Post

Soooo, traveling around Nashville today was a total pain in the ass.  The Trumpsterfire was in BNA doing a speech at a downtown venue today, so I was avoiding driving into town like the plague - until the RV service center called up and said the recall service on my trailer was done, and I could come pick it up.  The RV place was about a block or so away from the Opryland Hotel which is out in one of the Nashville suburbs (Donelson), so I figured it was safe to make the dash.

Anyway - so when I’m attempting to leave with my trailer, guess who decides to drop in at the O-Hell Hotel...?  :P

Share Post

5 hours ago, nachomama said:

It was Melanie, right?

:P  YOU try pulling a 37-foot travel trailer through a cordon of police and Secret Service types who don’t know how to park a damn car.

Share Post

Taking a week off work, and we’re currently sitting in a GA state park by Savannah.  I’m thinking steak and grilled shrimp for dinner tonight....  ;)

Edited by Nashville. Reason: Off, not of

Share Post

Don't get eaten by walkers! Be on the lookout for John Travolta, he's in town.

Share Post

On 6/4/2018 at 4:50 PM, nachomama said:

Don't get eaten by walkers! Be on the lookout for John Travolta, he's in town.

I ate John Travolta’s tuna!

This is a true story.

Share Post

That sounds very dirty.

Just so everyone knows, John Travolta is pronounced "jontabolta" all one world. This is according to my niece who was obsessed and wanted to play "jontabolta" all the time which was a combination of Grease and Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy.

Share Post