Small Talk: The Quiver

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

OMG Guys I just saw a pair of greenish jade dolphins on live stream from my jade vendor.

If I was not praying for a fictional baby I would be contacting them and getting myself a pair of jade dolphin earrings.

THIS IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay strong!!

Share Post

Bahahah!  Good.  I hate reboots in general but i'm particularly opposed to reboots of shit that was just on TV (yes, 20 years counts).  i would rather a Roswell revival with the original cast than a reboot.

Share Post

Is anyone else having trouble accessing tumblr blogs?

If I can't access tumblr blogs, then I won't be able to read jbuffyangel's episode reviews or austencello's musical analyses. Reluctanly, I may have to omit them from my list.

ETA: Apparently tumblr made changes recently that are now causing my PC firewall to block their pages. However, I don't know enough to tinker around with my PC's security protocols - and I don't wish to jeopardize my own PC's security just for Arrow.

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

You can always add the link/website you want to reach into your browsers security exemption list so you can still reach Tumblr or just jbuuffyangle's tumblr page without impacting any firewalls 

Share Post

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing tumblr blogs?

If I can't access tumblr blogs, then I won't be able to read jbuffyangel's episode reviews or austencello's musical analyses. Reluctanly, I may have to omit them from my list.

ETA: Apparently tumblr made changes recently that are now causing my PC firewall to block their pages. However, I don't know enough to tinker around with my PC's security protocols - and I don't wish to jeopardize my own PC's security just for Arrow.

I just reported a bug about not being able to watch the imbedded Instagram videos anymore.  (just get sound and it opens a new window to instagram) It sounds like it maybe not be a Previously problem after all.  

Share Post

If Tribune and Spectrum don't get it together in the next two weeks, I may not be able to watch the new episodes with you guys. Which would be very disappointing.  

Share Post

I am able to access tumblr blogs again! 

Thanks to the tip by @Morrigan2575, I discovered that I could unblock websites on my PC, but I had to find out their IP addresses first. So after some Googling, I discovered this handy online tool where you can plug in a website's URL address and get its IP address back:
http://ipinfo.info/html/ip_checker.php

I then went to the firewall section of my PC security program and unblocked the IP address for the tumblr blogs that I am interested in (they all had the same IP address).

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

Anyone know anything about buying an antenna? Looking into getting a cheap one since I don't have the CW right now due to the Tribune/Spectrum dispute. 

Share Post

34 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Anyone know anything about buying an antenna? Looking into getting a cheap one since I don't have the CW right now due to the Tribune/Spectrum dispute. 

I bought one off of Amazon after I cut the cord and Playstation Vue doesn't have the CW. I think I got the 50 mile range, but I live in Los Angeles so the 25 mile probably would have worked fine. It's like a place mat, and I stuck it to the side of my TV stand. Works great!

Share Post

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm out in the boondocks.  I'd have to slap the expensive one on the roof so I'm stuck with paying satellite if I want stations.  It's really all about how far you are from the stations.  

Share Post

Watching "You" right now. Addicted to it! Up to ep 3. 

Dude is so super crazy. Girl he's obsessed with is a hot mess too! This will end in spectacular flames!

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Dude is so super crazy. Girl he's obsessed with is a hot mess too! This will end in spectacular flames!

One of the many shows and Movies I have on MY LIST.!

Share Post

17 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

One of the many shows and Movies I have on MY LIST.!

Is so good! 2 am in Aus! Up to ep 4!

Share Post

On 12/29/2018 at 3:51 PM, tv echo said:

I watched "The Cuckoo's Calling" (3 hours) segment of the C.B. Strike tv drama series on DVD this week. This is a British mystery series based on the books by Robert Galbraith (pseudonym used by J.K. Rowling). I thought it was quite good, so thumbs up! It's very, very different from her Harry Potter books. The story is centered around a British ex-military guy named Cormoran Strike, who now works as a London private investigator. He's got both physical (lost a leg in the war) and psychological issues. He's a tough, rough around the edges kind of guy. The other main character is Robin Ellacott, a blonde woman with a positive attitude who comes to work for him as his office assistant. There's hints of something dark in her past as well. She's very interested in doing detective work and this creates problems with her fiance Matt (yes, she's engaged). So a very interesting, complicated relationship is set up between Strike and Robin, as they work together to solve crimes.

Season 1 of C.B. Strike is based on the first three books about these characters. The author has also published a fourth book in the series, which I assume will eventually be part of Season 2.

I recently started reading the books that this TV series is based on: The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm, A Career in Evil, and Lethal White. I have to say, the writing is really, really good. The books are thick volumes, filled with a lot of details, so it's slow reading. However, the mysteries are intricately developed and the characters are complex and three-dimensional. It's really difficult to believe that the same person who wrote the Harry Potter books wrote these books. The writing style is completely different (aside from being written for adults, as opposed to teens). So I highly recommend these books.

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

I've read the first three volumes and I want to watch the series but I don't get the channel. I'm hoping they bring it to streaming or something.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I binged the show last week. After a slow start it gets really addictive. Penn Badgley is very good at playing psycho. On a side note, I really enjoy him calling out the creepiness of fans trying to romanticize his character. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I watched You when it was airing earlier this year, and I loved it! Its so creepy and addictive, and I love that now that its on Netflix, everyone is discovering it! I like to imagine its a deliberate shout out to cast Penn Badgley, who was known for playing nice guy Dan in Gossip Girl who was obsessed with the hot blond girl from afar, and was supposedly the nicest guy in New York but was actually pretty creepy a lot of times, as an intentionally creepy guy obsessed with a hot blond girl from afar that thinks he is the nicest guy in New York. 

Share Post

FYI...

‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Takes Home Best Comedy at 2019 Critics' Choice Awards!
By Zach Seemayer‍ 6:45 PM PST, January 13, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/crazy-rich-asians-takes-home-best-comedy-at-2019-critics-choice-awards-117316

When the film was announced as the winner, the cast could hardly contain its excitement and shock at the surprising win, beating out Deadpool 2, The Death of Stalin, Game Night, Sorry to Bother You and The Favourite (which had won the award for best acting ensemble earlier in the show).

Full Critics Choice Awards winners list:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2019/01/14/critics-choice-awards-2019-winners-list/2566779002/ 

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

Anyone watch The Passage? I really liked the pilot. Zach Morris has never looked better. He and Saniyya Sidney have great chemistry.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

Anyone watch The Passage? I really liked the pilot. Zach Morris has never looked better. He and Saniyya Sidney have great chemistry.

Yeah, they had a very believable bond and they set up his backstory in an effective way.  Not sure why THIS little girl has to be the one but I'm willing to stick around and see it through.  

Share Post

There were a couple things they could have explained better. That was one of them. It felt like they wanted to jump directly into the plot, so some set up got missed.

Share Post

I thought it was a solid pilot, I enjoyed it a lot. Really good chemistry between the two leads, and I love the spooky psychic vampires. 

Share Post