S01.E07: Communication Breakdown 2014.11.13

While helping her friend Michelle get through a divorce, Rebecca is scared off by Gary's commitment-themed romantic night. Tedward helps Hernandez through a fashion crisis, and Rebecca tries the case of a deaf man who steals shoes.

Share Post

That was not a good episode -- the case of the week was just an unfunny waste of time, Tedward trying to get the Judge Hernandez to take a new photo was barely smirk-worthy, and Rebecca's commitment phobia/petty jealousy about Gary was not funny either.  I get it -- their fuck-buddies, check your emotions at the door already.

Two highlights:

1) Kate Walsh committing to the opening scene by drinking from the sprinkler head, after a hungover stagger across the lawn in a mini-skirt.
2) Angela Kinsey looked awesome in that low cut dress.  Damn.

Share Post

I was a big mourner of the cancellation, until this episode. It was so bad I don't even have anything I can defend. Other than the bailiff making a face for the jealousy selfie, everything was flat and dull. 

Share Post

Oh yeah, this was worse than the previous eps, not sure if I can keep watching until the end.

Having only seen Ryan Hansen in this, Bad Teacher and Burning Love...can he play any other type of character? He doesn't seem to have any range other than the good-looking guy who all the girls want, or at least want to bang.

Share Post

Oh Tedward, you had me at your love of White Russians. I myself am a black woman with an on again, off again love affair with that seductress (currently on). He'll be the character I'll miss.

Share Post

I actually thought this episode worked. It wasn't super funny or anything. But it was a decent standard sitcom plot, and no one did anything that really annoyed me.

Share Post