S01.E06: What Is Best in Life? 2014.11.06

Episode Description:

A law school nemesis challenges Rebecca's authority in an outrageous case

Good thing this has been canceled -- because it ain't getting any better.

Despite the moral lesson at the end of the episode, Rebecca came off as petty and narcissistic as ever -- and completely unprofessional as a judge in court when dealing with her so-called nemesis.  And it wasn't even smirk-worthy let alone funny.

Since when does a D.A. prosecute frivolous civil lawsuits --  how about never if there was no actual crime involved.  The court case in question should have been tossed out of small claims court it was so stupid, yet some tightass saw a guy's bare ass and she was suing for damages of $3 million in pain and suffering -- seriously ?

Tedward's Conan-con 'B' plot wasn't funny at all, which is surprising because Tedward is usually at least interesting.

I've been watching the new series 'Benched' on USA Network, and that's a way more interesting courtroom comedy.  And it's actually funny.   And it has Jay Harrington from 'Better Off Ted'.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

I had already created this topic as I did last week so I'll go ahead and delete mine . Thanks Otto. The episode number is wrong so I'll fix that again.

Share Post

Since when does a D.A. prosecute frivolous civil lawsuits --  how about never if there was no actual crime involved.  The court case in question should have been tossed out of small claims court it was so stupid, yet some tightass saw a guy's bare ass and she was suing for damages of $3 million in pain and suffering -- seriously ?

That really didn't make any sense. I mean the DA might ask for jail time or a fine, but I don't think he would be allowed to ask for damages for a client (nor would he have a client). For that matter I am almost certain that a judge can't force a defendant to testify. I usually like crazy/absurd workplace shows but you need some kind of standard internal logic to them. I am sure there are no radio stations like Newsradio and no hospitals like Scrubs (two excellent over the top crazy workplace comedies) but for both I can believe there basis was in those places of work and that there was even a tiny little kernel of truth to how they portray those places.

Share Post