Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

As much as they try to pretend otherwise with Maggie, neither of them is a real Horton, so they don't count.

Well, Sarah is/was (since he's dead) Mickey's legal daughter, and he raised her, so... (Even if this show suddenly has Sarah being fine with being Neil Curtis' kid, which she most certainly wasn't waaaaaaaaaaaay back when.)

Share Post

21 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Whatever goodwill I had for Ben (which was next to none) was lost today when he used his strangling past to scare Ciara's patsy.  I mean, sure, it was pretty shitty what that guy did but Ben insists he's changed.  He should have confronted him in another way. 

Yet, I saw someone on Twitter say they thought that scene was hot.  So...yeah.  That just tells me everything I need to know.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I may be the only one in this thread (and, as Stuart Smalley would say, "And that's okay!") who is here for:

Reveal hidden contents

Julie slapping the shit out of Gabi soon. She deserves all of it.

Oh, no, I’m here for that, too.  I’ve never liked or cared for Gabi.  I don’t care about her running around and getting revenge for whatever.  She’s always been kind of useless to me.  It’s going to be nice to see her get hers even if it will be for a short amount of time.

Share Post

I'm not minding the possibility of Eric and Sarah.  Hopefully they'll give her an edge, though. 

KL's Rex is also intriguing.  He's largely new to me - I recall him being on B&B very briefly but it wasn't long enough to get any sort of impression.  So far, so good.

While I dislike Abigail with the heat of a thousand suns, that sure was a dick move by Chad.

Share Post

7 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

Oh no, I gladly join you at the table. I will bring wine and cheese and confetti. 

I care not an iota about Gabi’s angry one woman tour, she has never resonated with me as a character so her vendetta falls flat for me because of that and her main target is Abby, another “meh” character for me. 

That's why they should have had her target more than just one person. Basically ignoring Stefan is completely ridiculous. That's what made Sami so much fun to watch back in the day. She was stirring the pot in multiple stories.

Share Post

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will doesn't care about his daughter.

LMAO but yes. When he was like oh I'll pop in for a visit sometimes when I'm not busy my sister was like, "Uh, you don't visit your kid." I get why they don't have scenes of Will with Ari, but they could at least pretend like he sees her regularly. So weird.

3 hours ago, Sidney said:

That's why they should have had her target more than just one person. Basically ignoring Stefan is completely ridiculous. 

They usually put in an, "Oh, and it'll fuck over Stefan too!" with all her plans, but it was always too much of an afterthought. Although I personally can easily get why she was fixated on the Abigail part of it all.

I just hate that this story will end in Abigail (and Chad) once again getting off scot-free and getting a happy ending. Fuck that!

Edited by peachmangosteen.

Share Post

15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO but yes. When he was like oh I'll pop in for a visit sometimes when I'm not busy my sister was like, "Uh, you don't visit your kids." I get why they don't have scenes of Will with Ari, but they could at least pretend like he sees her regularly. So weird.

They usually put in an, "Oh, and it'll fuck over Stefan too!" with all her plans, but it was always too much of an afterthought. Although I personally can easily get why she was fixated on the Abigail part of it all.

I just hate that this story will end in Abigail (and Chad) once again getting off scot-free and getting a happy ending. Fuck that!

Th will scenes about him visting  ari was weird lol.

I just hate how self righteous abby is.she does awful horrible things and has never suffered the consquences.

Edited by Harmony233.

Share Post

9 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't like that Rex cheated because there are enough men his age(related and not) that are dogs. Is there a man in town near his age that doesn't cheat ? Or just a man voting age and up who doesn't have a history of cheating and sneaking around  ? I get it-I know the reason behind making him like that-but they never even had to make Rex and Sarah a couple in the first place. 

I am admittedly a newer viewer so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but what male in Rex's age range is a cheater?  For all his faults, I don't recall Brady cheating on anyone.  Ditto Eric.  Will cheated on Sonny, but Sonny, Paul, and Chad never cheated on anyone.  The last guy to cheat, IIRC, was Eli on Gabi, right?

I agree that Rex and Sarah didn't necessarily need to enter the canvas as a couple, but I kinda like that it...I hope this make sense...it kinda gave some shape to the shapeless lives that these two characters have been living off-canvas.  I mean, these were names that weren't even name-checked for many years.  And I kinda liked, I can't remember the exact dialogue, but Rex, when trying to explain the cheating, said something about feeling like he had to "grow up" and take these adult steps in his life that people are expected to take and, I dunno, that felt very real to me.

Edited by TeeVee329.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

As much as they try to pretend otherwise with Maggie, neither of them is a real Horton, so they don't count.

Maggie has not been a Horton since she took up with Victor. Sarah is a Horton in every way that counts. I wish that Sarah had come back with Melissa, Lisa Truesel could have reprised her role for a few weeks to introduce us to Sarah.  Sarah and Melissa should have clashed with their mom over her marriage to Victor. Victor did try to kill Melissa once.  We could have had Melissa having scenes with Hope. I always loved the Hope/Melissa relationship. Melissa could have had poignant scenes with Jennifer about Jack. The Melissa/Jack past was always interesting in relation to Kayla.   Melissa could have given us news about Mike Horton.  All of this rich history and the show could care less about that.  Sarah coming back engaged to Rex leaves me cold.  I have no reason to care about them as a couple. 

Edited by Apprentice79.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Sidney said:

That's why they should have had her target more than just one person. Basically ignoring Stefan is completely ridiculous. That's what made Sami so much fun to watch back in the day. She was stirring the pot in multiple stories.

For me that would not have mattered either, because Stefan is a waste of space, Chad’s dumb as rocks, none of these characters mean anything to me.

Gabi targeting one or them all, it never mattered, they’re all worthless in my eyes. 

Back in the day when Sami would target people she targeted characters that I liked or cared about or enjoyed seeing in pain, that’s just not the case with much of the cast left today. 

Share Post

This show desperately needs to give Sonny a friend, or hell, bring in one of his brothers because I am sick of these "Buck up, camper!" talks with Adrienne about his love life.

Hey Rex, if you meet another guy named Rex in Pennsylvania while visiting Gigi Mimi and your daughter, slug him in the face for me, would ya?

Share Post

So glad that bs between Paul and Will is finally over. Took way too damn long. 

Paul didn’t even bring Brady up as the one who exposed the truth, I actually liked that because it wasn’t necessary, it would have only caused more hurt. 

I figured Paul would be all understanding and noble because he’s a robot and isn’t allowed human feelings much of the time.

FFS, there are worst blowups over the last turkey leg on Thanksgiving, sheesh.  

This was the most laid-back, melancholy, and bland soap break up ever, where was the drama, the heated, passionate rage and hurt? So boring... 

At least now it’s official and Will and Sonny can go back to being the most uninspiring gay couple in soap history, portrayed by two man who can barely kiss without wincing. 

Trash derserves trash, so they definitely deserve each other. 

I am convinced Sonny is a man child.

How is it that he’s always turning to his mother to cry over something stupid he’s done and then her fix it all solution is to just get him a new man, on a dating app nonetheless, because apparently he’s not grown enough to go to bars or out and about to find someone for himself? Those two are just so annoying. 

I might understand if Sonny was just coming to terms with his sexuality and Adrianne was just being an overbearing mom who wants to be totally supportive, but I think he’s been in relationships long enough at this point that he shouldn’t need mommy‘s help to find love. 

Also, speaking of men who need to tell their mommies to butt out, Rex, how dumb are you supposed to be? Whining to Kate is never a good idea, she will always become controlling and take over. 

The actress playing Sarah today reminded me why I hate it when they write drunk scenes on soaps, because it’s so very rare to get it right and there are so many more ways for it to go wrong, and today it was so wrong, so, so very wrong. 

Share Post

Irish whiskey is pretty strong.  Do people really drink it straight up like that? 

I'm really liking Kate and Rex as mother and son. 

Where is the town square in relation to the Brady Pub?  What about Smith Island?  Is it in the Salem River near Salem, or some other body of water?  The maps of Salem out there on the interwebs don't list either one.

Share Post

No, Chloe, you don't get to tell Brady it must have been hard on HIM to go tattle to Paul.

I'm glad  that they used an old photo of Arianna with Will and Sonny, instead of trying to make us think they've taken a current photo.

Does Sonny have a job?  What does he do all day, besides wearing a suit? Does Will have a job? How did he afford that apartment?

Using a dating app with your mom is just creepy.

Will, yelling at Paul is not the way to go at this.

No, Chloe, you don't get to tell Brady it must have been hard on HIM to go tattle to Paul.

I'm glad  that they used an old photo of Arianna with Will and Sonny, instead of trying to make us think they've taken a current photo.

Does Sonny have a job?  What does he do all day, besides wearing a suit? Does Will have a job? How did he afford that apartment?

Using a dating app with your mom is just creepy.

Will, yelling at Paul is not the way to go at this.

Share Post

38 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I liked their dynamic today too, her trying to foist the blame for the Sarah/Mimi situation on someone else, him deflecting all her attempts, and her being all, "You're not really helping me out here, honey."  That totally worked, while Adrienne being all nosey and meddle-y about Sonny was so irritating.

6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Will have a job? How did he afford that apartment?

We haven't heard about it in forever, but he's still supposed to work for Adrienne, yes?

Share Post

18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Will have a job? How did he afford that apartment?

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We haven't heard about it in forever, but he's still supposed to work for Adrienne, yes?

That's correct, he works at the Spectator.

Share Post

Ron put no effort in the show today. To be fair, the triangle with the three principals was always boring. Ron inherited a dud. I wish Will had come back in a relationship with somebody, not wanting anything to do with Paul and Sonny. Personally, I wanted amnesiac Will to be in love with Orpheus' grandson, it would have involved Jarlena and their history with Orpheus.  I would have tied Will's missing years with Marlena's missing years. I hated that Marlena was just a broodmare for Rex and Cassie when she was presumed dead. Dena could have done so much more with her missing years. What a waste!

Share Post

Rex was a jerk for cheating but I liked the fact that he took responsibility and was honest with kate and wasn't well by to put anybody under the bus for cheating unlike some characters  on this show.I really liked his scenes with Kate too.

Share Post

17 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'm not minding the possibility of Eric and Sarah.  Hopefully they'll give her an edge, though. 

KL's Rex is also intriguing.  He's largely new to me - I recall him being on B&B very briefly but it wasn't long enough to get any sort of impression.  So far, so good.

While I dislike Abigail with the heat of a thousand suns, that sure was a dick move by Chad.

i'm not liking sara, the actress maybe because the character sh/could be interesting. and eric with sara, any sara, has got to be better than eric with grandma jennifer. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron put no effort in the show today. To be fair, the triangle with the three principals was always boring. Ron inherited a dud. I wish Will had come back in a relationship with somebody, not wanting anything to do with Paul and Sonny. Personally, I wanted amnesiac Will to be in love with Orpheus' grandson, it would have involved Jarlena and their history with Orpheus.  I would have tied Will's missing years with Marlena's missing years. I hated that Marlena was just a broodmare for Rex and Cassie when she was presumed dead. Dena could have done so much more with her missing years. What a waste!

i guess i'm not invested in these story lines because i ff'd the entire show. basically watched the part in the pub where the (badly acted) drunk sara confronted the newly engaged couple and was wondering if the big guy was going to punch eric. 

2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Irish whiskey is pretty strong.  Do people really drink it straight up like that? 

Where is the town square in relation to the Brady Pub?  What about Smith Island?  Is it in the Salem River near Salem, or some other body of water?  The maps of Salem out there on the interwebs don't list either one.

truly... hard time believing this little sara is drinking irish whisky straight up. with no chaser. nope. 

Share Post

And she drank half the bottle!!!  The Jameson in my cupboard is 80 proof, so presumably her bottle was the same.  If she only puked once after drinking that much straight whiskey, then she's very lucky.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hated that Marlena was just a broodmare for Rex and Cassie when she was presumed dead. Dena could have done so much more with her missing years. What a waste!

Wasn't Higley.  That was Cwikly and Brash.

18 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I admit that Greg and Linsey have some pretty decent chemistry.  But I'm a bit thrown that they're moving Eric on so soon after Nicole's "death."  Hopefully, Ron takes his time with this.

But why does any character have to have an "edge?"  Not every character needs one.

Share Post

I don't know about every character, but I do know that Linsey Godfrey is better with an edge.  Her run on B&B as Caroline Spencer convinced me of that.

Share Post

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am admittedly a newer viewer so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but what male in Rex's age range is a cheater?  For all his faults, I don't recall Brady cheating on anyone.  Ditto Eric.  Will cheated on Sonny, but Sonny, Paul, and Chad never cheated on anyone.  The last guy to cheat, IIRC, was Eli on Gabi, right?

I agree that Rex and Sarah didn't necessarily need to enter the canvas as a couple, but I kinda like that it...I hope this make sense...it kinda gave some shape to the shapeless lives that these two characters have been living off-canvas.  I mean, these were names that weren't even name-checked for many years.  And I kinda liked, I can't remember the exact dialogue, but Rex, when trying to explain the cheating, said something about feeling like he had to "grow up" and take these adult steps in his life that people are expected to take and, I dunno, that felt very real to me.

I think I might have a slightly different view on what cheating is, I guess. 

I consider Eric a cheater because he cheated WITH Nicole. No, he wasn't in a relationship at the time, but SHE was, and she couldn't cheat by herself-he was the other half of the equation. He proved, at any rate, he has no respect for the fact that someone could be deeply hurt by something he's a part of. And no, I don't think remorse after the fact, because you get caught, holds a lot of weight. If you're really sorry, you're going to stop long before you get caught.

As my mama always said, if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you. And I've known quite a few women and men where that was absolutely true.

Brady cheated on Eve-sort of. And yeah I think one good thing about him is he is usually "all in" with the woman he's with (however long it lasts) and yeah he and Eve in my mind were actually kind of "on a break" when he slept with Kristin-but still. If not cheating, still gross that he could do what he did and think it was okay because he excused it as playing Kristin and that it wasn't "real". 

And maybe it's not the amount of men-maybe it's that the whole cheating thing is treated so casually that makes it seem like either every man is doing it, has done it, or is expected to do it. Like Maggie said "he's a man". Okay, so the message we're sending is that all men are at least expected to cheat.

I don't like that, but that's just my personal conviction.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think I might have a slightly different view on what cheating is, I guess. 

I consider Eric a cheater because he cheated WITH Nicole. No, he wasn't in a relationship at the time, but SHE was, and she couldn't cheat by herself-he was the other half of the equation. He proved, at any rate, he has no respect for the fact that someone could be deeply hurt by something he's a part of. And no, I don't think remorse after the fact, because you get caught, holds a lot of weight. If you're really sorry, you're going to stop long before you get caught.

As my mama always said, if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you. And I've known quite a few women and men where that was absolutely true.

Brady cheated on Eve-sort of. And yeah I think one good thing about him is he is usually "all in" with the woman he's with (however long it lasts) and yeah he and Eve in my mind were actually kind of "on a break" when he slept with Kristin-but still. If not cheating, still gross that he could do what he did and think it was okay because he excused it as playing Kristin and that it wasn't "real". 

And maybe it's not the amount of men-maybe it's that the whole cheating thing is treated so casually that makes it seem like either every man is doing it, has done it, or is expected to do it. Like Maggie said "he's a man". Okay, so the message we're sending is that all men are at least expected to cheat.

I don't like that, but that's just my personal conviction.

Share Post

15 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I consider Eric a cheater because he cheated WITH Nicole.

No.  Nicole cheated with him.  He was the cheated-with party.  The keywords you said was that he was not in a relationship, so technically, no, he didn't cheat at all.  Nicole was the one who cheated.  He was part of Nicole's cheating, yes, but he himself didn't cheat.

58 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I don't know about every character, but I do know that Linsey Godfrey is better with an edge.  Her run on B&B as Caroline Spencer convinced me of that.

What does an "edge" even mean?

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

No.  Nicole cheated with him.  He was the cheated-with party.  The keywords you said was that he was not in a relationship, so technically, no, he didn't cheat at all.  Nicole was the one who cheated.  He was part of Nicole's cheating, yes, but he himself didn't cheat.

What does an "edge" even mean?

As I said, for me, it's different. In that situation, there's still the morality of a cheater, because you're in bed with someone else's partner. You aren't respecting the relationship that person is in, or the partner being cheated on, or for that matter, you aren't respecting yourself. But, that's just me.

So, agree to disagree.

Share Post

The cheater is the one with the issues - not the person who he/she is cheating with. He or she could have told any sort of story to the person he or she is cheating with. - and the action is on him or her, not the person who he is cheating with. Rex needs to spend some time working on why he feels a need/desire to cheat and work on changing that aspect of himself.

Hope someone offers to pay for cleaning the whiskey-soaked shirt. Sarah Horton should not have been approaching strangers in her drunken state and going off on them.

Paul, you are far too good for Will and you handled him basically dumping you in a far too decent manner. Be glad you are rid of him. He isn't ready to be with anyone until he finishes his business with Sonny. They will implode again.

Maybe Will has some savings or money from his mother to pay for that apartment and new furniture. Ah well, he can find a new roommate or sublet it now.

Adrienne, stop being a helicopter parent and butt out of your grown son's life. He can find his own boyfriends.

Share Post

I can't muster too much sympathy for Paul since he's played sexual and emotional ping pong between 2 halfs of a couple, which is not only gross but destined for doom, that said Will is in the wrong. 

An edge is what Sami and Kate have. What @Kitty Redstone may have meant is LG who plays Sarah is better when she has some scrap and snarkiness or scheming to play vs being a nice or passive girl. I think she's nice in real life so when she's not given anything different to do it comes off bland or recitation. 

Ciara is also flat. It seems like each Ciara actress best quality is they're pretty and have great hair. A newbie tuning in this month for the first time would assume she's actually Rafe and Hope's child given how dull she can be 😂 Unforch, since Bo had enough personality to fill a room and youngster Ciara was wild and captivating. 

Its such a tv trope to have a dumped and/or cheated on woman get drunk with a stranger then tell a happy couple a depressed warning scene. Very rom com and sitcom-y. 

Sad ending of all the sad broken up people and song droning. Brady was alone and pensive you know what that means he'll be with a woman in a couple days. He can't stand being single or going without sex. 

Hi Sonny's chest hair 👋 

Lucas and Chloe are so cute together. 

No character I wanted to tell shut the fuck up to unlike Bold &a Beautiful and Y&R so 👍🏼

Share Post

54 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

An edge is what Sami and Kate have. What @Kitty Redstone may have meant is LG who plays Sarah is better when she has some scrap and snarkiness or scheming to play vs being a nice or passive girl. I think she's nice in real life so when she's not given anything different to do it comes off bland or recitation.

Yes, this.  Kate and Sami are exactly who I'd point to as well.  Others include Gabi, Nicole, sometimes even Jennifer and Julie, Will and Eric on occasion, definitely Victor.  I haven't seen much of it in Chloe lately but it's there.  She briefly flashed it at Bonnie at the police station, heh.  But not Brady, who's just a douche, or Abigail, who's useless, or Hope, who's just a complete mess.  As a concept, edge is in the eye of the beholder and you know it when you see it.

LG was sickly sweet as Caroline Spencer at first.  Then Caroline hit her head and had a bit of a personality transformation.  She became more confident, not quite as nice, definitely scheming, but still relatable and root-worthy.  She reverted back to sweet and boring when they stuck her with Ridge and it was downhill from there.  It wasn't her fault, really - she played what they gave her and as a result she took on an unfortunate affect and a number of tics.  I've always liked LG and am glad to have her back on my screen.  She can be very good with the right material.  Hopefully Ron and TIIC aren't looking to make her Salem's next Melanie Jonas.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Paul, you are far too good for Will and you handled him basically dumping you in a far too decent manner. Be glad you are rid of him. He isn't ready to be with anyone until he finishes his business with Sonny. They will implode again.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. 

CS is almost too good at conjuring up the waterworks, heh, he’s just so wasted because Paul isn’t allowed to do anything except cry or smile. 

Will and Sonny are their own worst enemy in their so called romance.

They are too alike in the worst ways, they don’t make the other better, imo, they just sort of stay static until something goes wrong and neither deals with adversity well at all.

They are all hearts in eyes and ilys when things are working, but that of course can’t last because their life isn’t a Disney movie. 

I always believed that Will was not ready for marriage, that, imho, is what really killed the momentum of his character, and I don’t even care for him, heh, but there were so many better ways to have handled him coming to terms with his sexuality.  

There is nothing more boring and predictable and short-lived then a character that comes out as gay and then basically latches onto the first guy that he falls in love with, especially if that guy is a total snooze fest like Sonny. 

I definitely see them self destructing yet again, it’s one of the few things they’re good at together. 

Share Post