Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Aw, poor Ciara is a victim.  Boohoo.

Jesus, Sonny is an asshole.

JJ is such a a better person than Brady and Sonny.  He treats his ex with respect.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have always said that they reminded me of Kim and Shane.  I don't have a problem with being the lone Wilson lover on here..

From the little I know about Kim and Mr. Sheffield, I can't really see Will and Sonny being analogous.  Please show your work. ;)

And I don't think not liking the pairing now or thinking its run its course or whatever means you retroactively hate the original story that worked for you.  Again, shipping a pairing is not a blood oath to ship them forever.

Share Post

Just when I'm like ok I'm into this with Ben/Ciara, Ciara has to show what a stupid little shit she is and I'm out again. She sucks so hard.

The Wilson flashbacks really illuminated how shitty FS is now. 

I skipped most of this ep because I just really didn't care lol. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am trying to find something good to say about Sonny, but, that flashback was just a reminder of bad the show destroyed Sonny and his innate goodness. It reminds of what they did to Will, years ago, before his murder. I am still nostalgic for original recipe Wilson, they had so much potential. I have always said that they reminded me of Kim and Shane. I don't have a problem with being the lone Wilson lover on here..

I'm not sure that you are alone. I thought their original pairing was a wonderfully involving and emotionally satisfying story, and I think both characters have been altered too much -- maybe not beyond recognition, but the changes never felt organic to me, and as a result, the destruction of their relationship felt very manipulated and plot-driven. We joked about the practically perfect Sonny Poppins, I think Sonny was a truly generous and good-hearted person in the beginning, and I don't see that nearly as much any more.

Share Post

40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

From the little I know about Kim and Mr. Sheffield, I can't really see Will and Sonny being analogous.  Please show your work. ;)

And I don't think not liking the pairing now or thinking its run its course or whatever means you retroactively hate the original story that worked for you.  Again, shipping a pairing is not a blood oath to ship them forever.

Wilson were friends who fell in love like Kim and Shane.  They rushed Wilson too much for my liking and did not give them enough adventures.  Will like his Great-aunt Kim was troubled, struggled with self-esteem with a secret.  Sonny like Shane was like a knight in shining armor . Sonny had a temper and was quick to anger, but, had a good heart. Shane was like that as well.  Will like Kim was his own worst enemy with secrets and lies.  Shane and Kim had much better writing.  Their buildup was really good. They are my favorite couple of all time. They too got horrific writing.  

Edited by Apprentice79.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Aw, poor Ciara is a victim.  Boohoo.

Jesus, Sonny is an asshole.

JJ is such a a better person than Brady and Sonny.  He treats his ex with respect.

I think it's time to put JJ out front more and give him a lead role, rather than supporting.  

Share Post

Call me crazy but I didn't hate the Paul, Sonny, Will scenes nor did I think Sonny was a jerk--I think he genuinely went to Will's room to talk about the anti-Leo article he wanted Will to write and not to see if Will's memories came back.  Of course he would want Will to remember their life together but I also think he truly wanted Paul and Will's help to defeat Leo's con-game.  Again, call me crazy but I see hope that Sonny can act like a mature adult in how he deals with both Will and Paul.

Don't care one iota about Lani's pregnancy and the show really needs to move the Ciara and Ben scenes along--seriously, how long did it take him to actually leave the cabin, at least three scenes of him talking about getting supplies.  Good Lord!

Share Post