Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

"You guys couldn't keep your clothes on till you made it to the bedroom"? that's the exact question I asked.

stfu, Julie.

Ugh, I hate Brady.

Ciara was an intern at a mental hospital?  Somehow I don't think so.

They put out an APB on an adult woman because she's been missing one night?

I'm wondering if Claire's self-reflection is going to last.

Man, Casey  and Jen are so good together.

Hope just found out Ciara is missing.  It's not like she's been starving herself.

Edited by Silver Raven.

Share Post

16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much of a story if the key players, Sami and a baby, aren't on the show.  Sami coming back to town revealing that she is pregnant, leaving a week later, and raising a baby off the show with a character that is not that interesting to begin with doesn't a compelling story make.

That's never stopped them before.

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That goes without saying. I was just annoyed that once again, Rafe is going to be tied, further into the show, via a child, by Sami. I hope that we are just speculating and that the anvils were red herrings..

I think that is exactly why they might do this.  They've been trying to make Rafe relevant since he first showed up, but Sami was the character that drove all those storylines.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm actually surprised that Brady is still holding onto his anger at Eric over the whole Nicole situation.  If Brady is so happy with Eve and Eric and Jenn are together, why is Brady still holding a grudge?

Because Brady is a selfish jackass, and to stupid to live.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There was a purge of the shows. So many playlists were wiped out. They may be hard to find.  So, some people have made them private, even those have gotten erased as well.  

Well, damn. Too bad.

I loved the Ben/Ciara scenes. And, against my better judgement, I am kind interested in them and how their relationship might progress. I thought the actress playing Ciara was the best she's ever been in those scenes. The Ben actor continues to impress me. But also lol at that "You're kinda heavy" line. I was rolling.

JJ and Theresa are great together. Ugh, why can't they just let her give up on Brady? Her being so desperate for him makes me hate her, but the chem between CM and JL is really fun so I wanna like her. Dammit!

Eve's outfit today was fucking amazing. Too bad they've ruined her.

I loled so hard at Claire saying she could take over as the face of Bella if Ciara's too broken up. I mean damn girl!

Edited by peachmangosteen.

Share Post

40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, damn. Too bad.

I loved the Ben/Ciara scenes. And, against my better judgement, I am kind interested in them and how their relationship might progress. I thought the actress playing Ciara was the best she's ever been in those scenes. The Ben actor continues to impress me. But also lol at that "You're kinda heavy" line. I was rolling.

JJ and Theresa are great together. Ugh, why can't they just let her give up on Brady? Her being so desperate for him makes me hate her, but the chem between CM and JL is really fun so I wanna like her. Dammit!

Eve's outfit today was fucking amazing. Too bad they've ruined her.

I loled so hard at Claire saying she could take over as the face of Bella if Ciara's too broken up. I mean damn girl!

People on here dislike Ciara and I get it, she is a Horton princess that grates, but, Claire is a piece of work...She is an opportunist of the worst kind..

Share Post

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Ciara was an intern at a mental hospital?  Somehow I don't think so.

She was working at a mental hospital for a short while.  Chase was a patient there.

Share Post

Just now, toooquiet said:

She was working at a mental hospital for a short while.  Chase was a patient there.

intern is a medical doctor.

Share Post

Dom Zamprogna is out at GH.  I wonder if they could find a role for him on Days.  Andrew Donovan? One of Sonny's brothers?

Share Post

7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like Rafe's pointing out that dear sweet Abs was the one who actually killed Andre and Julie was quick to cluck out that Abby is mentally ill--just like dear sweet Nick--so they apparently are absolved of all guilt.  Forget about Brady blood, lets talk about Horton accountability because that doesn't actually exist in Salem.

I cannot wait until Julie finds out that Ciara is spending time with recently released murderer who also was mentally ill, got treatment and was released. I cannot wait to hear her say Ben’s mental illness shouldn’t be excused for his behavior especially since his childhood trauma and abuse was greater than Abby’s.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

People on here dislike Ciara and I get it, she is a Horton princess that grates, but, Claire is a piece of work...She is an opportunist of the worst kind..

I think we can all agree,that neither Ciara or Claire is any type of a prize but I find myself defending Claire more and giving her a chance because she's not getting the overly praised Horton Princess treatment that Ciara' getting.  There are times that Claire shows glimpses of wanting to improve--of course trying to be the face of Bella again while she knows Ciara is having a difficult time is not one of those glimpses but I still see glimmers of potential :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213.

Share Post

Count me with the viewers who think Casey Moss(JJ) and Jen Lilley(Theresa) have great chemistry...their back & forth & teasing was so cute.  Theresa needs to realize how stupid & arrogant & controlling Brady is...   

Share Post

I really enjoyed Theresa and JJ today.  Honestly, I even liked their scenes just before JL left.  I cannot stand Theresa with Brady.  Largely, it's because of all the crap she did to him and the fact that she was rewarded for manipulating, extorting, and lying her way back into his life.  

It seems a little hypocritical for me to enjoy Theresa and JJ when she did so much to him.  But time and maturity, at least on JJ's part, allows me to enjoy them.  I would 100% ship them if JL were long-term.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

intern is a medical doctor.

That is one definition of an intern.  I said she was "working" at the hospital.   The definition that fit Ciara is a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, at a trade or occupation in order to gain work experience.

Share Post

Theresa, look at JJ. He isn't as rich as Brady, but he can offer you a lot more.

The Bella new face thing is stupid. Not the same as things were in say the 80s - with Instagram, this sort of contest seems old-fashioned. Of course Claire would take over the winner's spot. She is lucky that she wasn't facing charges of any sort for hacking the votes.

Hope and Rafe? Yawn.

Did like the Ciara and Ben scenes. Maybe he can be redeemed to a point. Til he gets the killing itch again.

Share Post

I thought the Ciara/Ben scenes were good. and it is super hilarious to me how Ben keeps talking about how Sami's insane murder reenactment plot made him sane, but I'm always leery when soaps make a push on couples out of the gate like this.

And yes, Theresa, jump on JJ because Brady is such a tool.

Ben mentioned Jordan...what happened to her again?

Edited by TeeVee329.

Share Post

20 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Maybe Sami being pregnant anvils are red herrings and it is really going to be a story about Rafe shooting blanks & how he deals with that information.

Wouldn't that be a more-or-less explicit acknowledgment of the character's age and stage of life? I can't see the show actually dealing with the idea of aging in any kind of mature (ha!) or nuanced (hahahaha!) way. Or maybe some other "mysterious" (snrkk!) ailment could be blamed for the fact that Shut Up, Rafe's wedding tackle might be found to be as empty as his head.

42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She was so boring she faded from sight. Possibly I don't have all the details, though.

Share Post

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

She found out Rafe was cheating on her, so she dumped him and left town.

Share Post

14 minutes ago, plurie said:

Plus, the show never really knew what to do with her. Her backstory was changed multiple times. She was supposed to have been a battered woman fleeing her abusive husband, it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

I think that the actress should have played a recast Cassie or Jan Spears...

Share Post

Brady and Eve are so awful and smug and the worst.  And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself.  I want Theresa to wipe them off the planet.

Edited by TeeVee329.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

... it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

So to speak? (Heh.)

Sleeping With The Enemy (to be fair, it's rather an old movie). Of course, a better title for such a story set in this town would probably be Sleeping With Everybody.

I thought Jordan's story was kind of a muddle, too.

Share Post

58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself. 

A woman recently sex trafficked was just slut shamed by her sibling. SMH. The same sibling who is an ex-prostitute to boot. Ick. And tone-deaf. 

Ron is just keeps finding new ways to make this triangle suck. Also not sure how that type of comment is supposed to make Eve and Brady the rooting pairing. 

Share Post

It just clicked for me that Brady/Eve are starting to give me Rex/Gigi vibes.  Ewwwwww.

Share Post

Wow! They had Eve say that?! Been missing shows lately.

I can't help but wonder how things will play out if the show has JJ and Theresa sleep together. Will Eve have to eat her words for being upset that Theresa is going after one of her exes? Or will it just be another argument in the case against Theresa's virtue?

Share Post

18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It just clicked for me that Brady/Eve are starting to give me Rex/Gigi vibes.  Ewwwwww.

ACCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!  That's a bridge troll too far for me.  OMG, things are looking grim.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

A woman recently sex trafficked was just slut shamed by her sibling. SMH. The same sibling who is an ex-prostitute to boot. Ick. And tone-deaf. 

This fucking show.   

Days continues to refuse to treat what Theresa went through with any seriousness.  I cannot stand the character of Theresa.  But WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!   I'm not mad at Eve, exactly.  Under the circumstances portrayed by the show, Eve has every right to be pissed at Theresa.  But why the writers insist on having the characters spout this misogynistic nonsense and refuse to acknowledge the story they wrote... UGH.

Edited by RachelKM.

Share Post

That was incredibly awful of Lani to be talking to Eli about the baby right there in front of JJ.

Nice to the Police Commissioner's entire focus of the entire PD is to hunt down her adult daughter who's been missing for less than 24 hours.

Ugh, I hate how Theresa degrades herself for the horrible Brady.

Share Post

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Brady and Eve are so awful and smug and the worst.  And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself.  I want Theresa to wipe them off the planet.

wasn't eve a prostitute? 

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That was incredibly awful of Lani to be talking to Eli about the baby right there in front of JJ.

Nice to the Police Commissioner's entire focus of the entire PD is to hunt down her adult daughter who's been missing for less than 24 hours.

remember ,she is an entitled, royal horton on her mothers side. just stop helping other people who need it at the station and look for ciara. i was fuming. bitch. 

Share Post

26 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

wasn't eve a prostitute? 

Eve was not only a prostitute. She was in love with her pimp Nick...She also was forced back into prostitution by another pimp and her stepmom Kim saved her ass and it came at a price. Kim was viciously attacked by that pimp and she lost her baby girl.. It was really sad.. Eve also resented that baby girl in utero, because she was scared that Shane, her dad, would not love her anymore. Kim was once hospitalized, due to pneumonia, was heavily pregnant and did not want to take medication, in order to not hurt that baby. Eve could not care less, it was almost like she wanted Kim to lose the baby.  Eve was a piece of work, but, she was sympathetic. Her saving grace was her love, for her baby brother, Andrew.  Kim was at first very resentful of both Shane and Eve, for losing her daughter. She never really expressed it, but, it was obvious to everybody.   Eventually, she was able to patch things up with them. 

Edited by Apprentice79.

Share Post

On a shallow note, Eve's hair looked cute & I liked that snazzy red outfit, but that large Flava-Flav pendant around her neck was distracting :)

Share Post

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Holy shit! That sets me on fire and haven't even watched, yet. I'm done with this character. The actress can't save her for me anymore. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

GYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Share Post

I’m confused by JJ’s horny signal for Theresa (Go for it!) but yet he still desire Lani? 

Ciara’s phone security 😂

Brady, WTF is wrong with you?! Eve? Seriously?! I am not a botanist but smart enough to see dead roses in this relationship. Well... Be careful or you’ll end up like Michael Douglas in The Wars of the Roses! 

What else? 

Tripp! I’ve not seen you out of your place yet... it’s not long obviously (Just started regularly thanks to DVR) but still... say hello to someone instead of moping yourself on the floor. It’s too slippery to walk on right now so I’m amazed how others managed to skate on it. 

One more thing to NBC, The official app is terrible so please spare my poor eyes from your terrible CC. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lani is a horrible person--she has zero regard for anyone but herself.  JJ deserves better.

Re: the new Horton Princess:  so not only do we get to hear everyone talk about how strong and badass Cirara is, but we also got to see Hope, Rafe and Eli scrunching up the foreheads trying to figure out Ciara's oh so brilliant password.  I bet the goddamn cryptologists/codebreakers from Bletchley couldn't figure out her code.  That's how super-smart Ciara is.

Considering Eve's past profession and how she's conducted herself for the majority of her life, I can't believe she would have the guts to call anyone a slut--much less her sister who she knows has gone through an abusive experience.

Share Post

8 hours ago, plurie said:

Actually, after she dumped Rafe, she had a romance with Chad. It's the one time I really liked her character; she and Chad had good chemistry together and were so much more appealing than Chabby. But of course Chabby was endgame, so he and Jordan eventually broke up. Then she left, largely to get away from Clyde IIRC.

Do they really have to destroy Eve like this? Over freaking Brady? If she's going to horribly insult someone, how about her daughter's killer instead of her sister?

Share Post

I’m confused by JJ’s horny signal for Theresa (Go for it!) but yet he still desire Lani? 

He's a young 20-something male.

Share Post

Teresa, as someone who has been human trafficked, you really should not pursue Brady. He isn't worth it. Work out a custody arrangement with him regarding Tate, and move on. If you two will get together, it will happen on its own. Your own sister - the pot - calling the kettle black was unwarranted. I have no idea why you even want Brady. Let him deal with his addictions before having a serious thing with him.

JJ, Lani blatantly lied to you - yeah, it was out of fear, shame, or guilt about the thought of losing a decent guy. It's tough to co-parent when the other parent may or may not want you around. Let her go. Her only real interest seems to be herself. And she really doesn't look like she's 6 months or so along. Maybe it's just the body type.

I did have a shred of sympathy for Ciara when Ben was setting her broken leg. Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually joins the Salem EMT. He did really go on about his mom and sister's abuse at the hands of Clyde.

How many passwords can Ciara have? If her phone was new and had fingerprint recognition, all they would need is a print. Or even a photo for facial recognition.

Thought Eve's outfit looked a bit warm for the middle of June. Maybe it's a chilly day in Salem or someone has the a/c turned up.

Edited by Frozendiva. Reason: typo

Share Post

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but since when does a compound fracture indicate possible amputation??

Share Post

35 minutes ago, annabel said:

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but since when does a compound fracture indicate possible amputation??

On the same show that now has a "Dead Be Gone" body spray with conditioner?

Share Post

20 hours ago, annabel said:

Bacterial infection leading to flesh eating disease?

Share Post

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, the show never really knew what to do with her. Her backstory was changed multiple times. She was supposed to have been a battered woman fleeing her abusive husband, it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

I think that the actress should have played a recast Cassie or Jan Spears...

My understanding is that Jordan was originally supposed to be Cassie in disguise until the writer's changed the plan they had for her story, which is probably why it was so nonsensical. 

Share Post

Cassie? So that means Kate wouldn't have recognized her own child?

I'm catching up on this week's stuff and here are a few of my random thoughts.

Is Xander gone again? They didn't even show him leave the house. Seemed pretty abrupt.

No, Jennifer, it is none of your fucking business who your grown-up son has over at his apartment. Why don't you occupy yourself with your fake newspaper job and your sexless relationship with Eric.

I really hope Theresa and JJ's friendship continues. I like the mutual respect that's there and that they both seem like adults who can put aside their past mistakes and be more mature. I'm missing the hell out of Anne, but if Theresa can have JJ as a friend and sounding board I can deal.

Maggie and Eve can both just die already. I'm getting severe whiplash from Maggie's metamorphosis back into Naggie, and Eve's willingness to deliberately usurp her sister's role in Tate's life baffles me. WTH is wrong with these people?!?

Sonny is awful. Paul should cut Will loose and leave with what's left of his dignity.

Share Post

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Cassie? So that means Kate wouldn't have recognized her own child?

I'm catching up on this week's stuff and here are a few of my random thoughts.

Is Xander gone again? They didn't even show him leave the house. Seemed pretty abrupt.

No, Jennifer, it is none of your fucking business who your grown-up son has over at his apartment. Why don't you occupy yourself with your fake newspaper job and your sexless relationship with Eric.

I really hope Theresa and JJ's friendship continues. I like the mutual respect that's there and that they both seem like adults who can put aside their past mistakes and be more mature. I'm missing the hell out of Anne, but if Theresa can have JJ as a friend and sounding board I can deal.

Maggie and Eve can both just die already. I'm getting severe whiplash from Maggie's metamorphosis back into Naggie, and Eve's willingness to deliberately usurp her sister's role in Tate's life baffles me. WTH is wrong with these people?!?

Sonny is awful. Paul should cut Will loose and leave with what's left of his dignity.

I'm assuming the Cassie as Jordan disguise would of been more elaborate than the traditional tv "Clark Kent glasses".

Share Post

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paul should cut Will loose and leave with what's left of his dignity.

100%.

Share Post

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

100%.

He should never had gotten with him in the first place.. It was bad judgment on his part.

Share Post

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm assuming the Cassie as Jordan disguise would of been more elaborate than the traditional tv "Clark Kent glasses".

That's still difficult for me to imagine because Kate had mentioned going to visit Philip, Rex and Cassie in Chicago about a year before Jordan showed up.

Share Post

20 minutes ago, drtslim said:

That's still difficult for me to imagine because Kate had mentioned going to visit Philip, Rex and Cassie in Chicago about a year before Jordan showed up.

Perhaps, she would have had plastic surgery.. Cassie was created in a lab..

Edited by Apprentice79.

Share Post

2 hours ago, drtslim said:

Of course.  But you can't let logic get in the way of a Days storyline, :)

Share Post

On 6/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Brady, WTF is wrong with you?! Eve? Seriously?! I am not a botanist but smart enough to see dead roses in this relationship.

Heh. Come to think of it, a botanist would probably have more insight into Bonehead Black's "psyche" (ahem), since he's basically a houseplant.

Share Post