Jump to content

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

I don't know how they ended up with GR, but clearly the role wasn't originally written for an older appearing actor. Every time we're reminded how young Leo is I literally cringe. I think a younger gay man dating an older man is super realistic, but I wish they would have changed the dialogue when they casted Greg who obviously is older. On another note, Leo and Sonny have zero chemistry. I have to admit Freddie is doing better, especially with Chandler this week. The WilSon scene actually had a nice chemistry to it, which is a big change to PaulSon where FS pulled away at times when CS was trying to be romantic as Paul. I still think Will and Paul remain the superior couple with the best chemistry, but I digress. This could always change depending on how the coming Will and Sonny reunion plays out. I do have a slight nostalgia for them since they are the original couple who were/are on their way to being a great super couple, so I'll try to remain open minded.

 

Sonny is dumb. I can't wait until this all blows up in face. I think losing Titan will finally knock him down a few pegs and start him on a road of becoming slightly more tolerable. Hopefully, they have him start a business or change careers, anything to keep him out of Victor's orbit. I'm assuming Sonny is probably going to be kicked out with no money and title. I'm sure we're on the track of a WilSon reunion; however short that may be. I think Will giving Sonny an open invitation to contact him will probably lead to Sonny turning to him when his all comes to light.

Edited by betweenthelines.
5

Share Post


Link to post

Abigail, you made your visit to Gabi all about *you*. Do you seriously think Gabi would say, no probs, let's be best friends again. Your alters did not care than an innocent woman was sent to jail, and then while in jail, badly beaten. Instant forgiveness is not going to happen. You did deserve the whole Stefan bit. Oh, you would never cheat on your husband - exhibit Austin, exhibit EJ, etc. Did you expect Gabi to say please don't turn yourself in for a crime you forgot you committed? Am surprised she didn't switch to another alter after her interaction with Gabi.

Hope and Rafe back on? Ugh.

Sonny, you are dumb. You didn't find Leo to be a bit forward with you? I'd be a bit suspicious instead of eager. I don't see what the chemistry is between the two. Leo looks a bit too old for him and they don't seem to really connect. You will figure out that you have been played.

9

Share Post


Link to post

Leo and Sonny did that standing extremely close and facing each other thing again.  It is comical.  They are the only couple on the show that does that.

5

Share Post


Link to post

the standing so close is creeping me out. I would back away so fast if someone did that to me. or just yell and run away

5

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

Who knows if Ron keeps hearing how much an epic fail this story was and how little sense it made that Abby developed DID over it, he might write it later that something else caused it.

If Dena Higley were still here I'd be scared that Abigail would get re-written as a child porno star like what happened to Jessica on One Life to Live when they decided to give her alters. (Why no, I'm not still bitter about one of the most disgusting and offensive retcons that a soap has ever done.)

 

4 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I don't know how they ended up with GR, but clearly the role wasn't originally written for an older appearing actor. Every time we're reminded how young Leo is I literally cringe.

I'm not watching the show enough, apparently. They're trying to convince us that Leo is younger than Sonny? The fuck?

7

Share Post


Link to post

What's this I hear about MBB showing up yesterday?

0

Share Post


Link to post

I would love to have a scene with Leo and Melinda Trask. The top two graduates from the Simon Legree School of Melodrama.

6

Share Post


Link to post

I want to get Tripp far away from Ciara and Claire. They're wasting him trying to prop them up. Claire I've always had a soft spot for, but man...the show has no clue what it wants from either of them. Tripp is still new and could carry his own stories. I don't buy that he's into these gals. He seems too mature for their high school nonsense.

Rafe is the least professional person ever. Dude stop bringing up your personal relationship with your boss while discussing cases. Yuck.

Is Kate moving back into the Martin House?

Edited by DisneyBoy.
5

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

I would love to have a scene with Leo and Melinda Trask. The top two graduates from the Simon Legree School of Melodrama.

The Simon Legree School of Melodrama--too awesome for words :):)

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I want to get Tripp far away from Ciara and Claire. They're wasting him trying to prop them up. Claire I've always had a soft spot for, but man...the show has no clue what it wants from either of them. Tripp is still new and could carry his own stories. I don't buy that he's into these gals. He seems too mature for their high school nonsense.

While I did appreciate Ciara's asking Claire to text her when she arrives in South Africa and that Ciara wants to work on their friendship, the writers really need to work on making these two young women more mature and rootable.  This is just a guess but I wonder if Theo's going to break up with Claire during her visit?  And Tripp needs to be more involved in his dad's storyline--losing your eyesight is a big deal and everyone in the family should be involved in helping him.

Edited by kitmerlot1213.
2

Share Post


Link to post

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

12

Share Post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

See, you're making sense :)  According to the show, Abs is totally fine now and completely mentally stable and able to face up to all of the mayhem she's caused--therapy is for chumps.

I did like Gabi's pointing out to Chad that Abby's framing her and calling one of her alters Gabby shows Abby's deep resentment and that she wanted to get back at Gabi--I can't believe the show is actually letting a character be angry at Abby and calling her out.

Victor's "Welcome back" to Theresa was perfect and I love the level of respect he is now giving her--Brady is going to flip his lid when he sees how chummy they are now :)

7

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like Gabi's pointing out to Chad that Abby's framing her and calling one of her alters Gabby shows Abby's deep resentment and that she wanted to get back at Gabi

That reminded me of Brody on OLTL rightfully pointing out that Jessica created a whole new alter out of his dead/murdered best friend solely to hurt him.  It was a jab that Princess Jessica totally deserved, even if Brody didn't quite have the moral high ground given he had just climbed out of Natalie's bed again.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I saw people on Twitter complaining about the Sonny and Leo scene, complaining that gay guys take off their shirts last, if at all, not first.  I have no first hand knowledge of this information.  :)

3

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I saw people on Twitter complaining about the Sonny and Leo scene, complaining that gay guys take off their shirts last, if at all, not first.  I have no first hand knowledge of this information.  :)

It's been a while, I admit, but as I remember from my younger days, we didn't follow any disrobing order.  Whatever came off the easiest came first.  Some people need to get off Twitter and ......... find out how things really work......

7

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, boes said:

It's been a while, I admit, but as I remember from my younger days, we didn't follow any disrobing order.  Whatever came off the easiest came first.  Some people need to get off Twitter and ......... find out how things really work......

Social media is a cesspool, people will make everything into an issue.  

6

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I saw people on Twitter complaining about the Sonny and Leo scene, complaining that gay guys take off their shirts last, if at all, not first.  I have no first hand knowledge of this information.  :)

Everyone knows real gay guys never wear shirts. Duh.

12

Share Post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, boes said:

It's been a while, I admit, but as I remember from my younger days, we didn't follow any disrobing order.  Whatever came off the easiest came first.  Some people need to get off Twitter and ......... find out how things really work......

Yes, practical experience is always best :):)  Seriously, what a weirdly random thing to focus on.  Who cares what pieces of clothing were removed first or last?

 

26 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

Everyone knows real gay guys never wear shirts. Duh.

Finally, the truth's revealed :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213.
4

Share Post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes, practical experience is always best :):)  Seriously, what a weirdly random thing to focus on.  Who cares what pieces of clothing were removed first or last?

Also...it's broadcast network TV, the bare chest is about all you can show. ;)

3

Share Post


Link to post

Please don't try to forgive Abigail, Gabi.

Aw, isn't Stefan and Gabby's story so romantic?  Puke.

No wedding drama?  In Salem?  Ha.

At least Show is acknowledging that what Stefan did was rape.

Nice Friday ending.

6

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That reminded me of Brody on OLTL rightfully pointing out that Jessica created a whole new alter out of his dead/murdered best friend solely to hurt him.  It was a jab that Princess Jessica totally deserved, even if Brody didn't quite have the moral high ground given he had just climbed out of Natalie's bed again.

Now I just wanna rewatch Brody (and Brody/Natalie) scenes, dammit!

I fast forwarded the Abigail/Stefan scenes, but nice to hear they had her call it rape. 

I loved everything Gabi had to say today and how CB played it.

I am already over the Eve/Brady/Theresa triangle and it hasn't even begun.

5

Share Post


Link to post

I hate that Victor treats Xander like is he is the scum of the earth.  I don't even remember why he does it.  Regardless, that's man is family.  That's part of the reason Xander is so screwed up.  He keeps trying to get Victor's approval but Victor keeps insulting and dismissing him.  I like Xander a lot and really wish he'd turn his life around and be a better person.  

5

Share Post


Link to post

Just to refresh my memory - Xander is the son of a Victor brother that's NOT Deimos, correct?

Speaking of, did Ron cut this week's promo himself?  Because there is a LOT of shirtless Xander in it lol.

Edited by TeeVee329.
2

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just to refresh my memory - Xander is the son of a Victor brother that's NOT Deimos, correct?

Speaking of, did Ron cut this week's promo himself?  Because there is a LOT of shirtless Xander in it lol.

He's the son of a Victor brother who is neither Deimos nor Justin's father.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Abigail is not fine. Chad's love is not going to keep the alters at bay. She has a lot of work and therapy to do.

It is and it is not fine that she confronted Stefan about his and her alter's actions. All the alters are still around, hiding in their little brain mouse houses. Any conversation with him should have been under medical supervision. Oh wells.

The bionics company is now owned by DiMera? Well, maybe Dr. Rolf invented the eye.

Theresa, at some point, do tell Victor that Chloe is the new captive.

She does sort of know about Eve since Chloe mentioned it to her. Hope Xander gets a few good meals and a decent thank you - til he does something else. Lucky Brady to have two women in his life - and sisters.

Clang the anvils of doom. Another wedding - John and Marlena.

4

Share Post


Link to post
Official Post

Stay on topic please. If your post is about something other than the aired episodes then it needs to go to the appropriate thread. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
Quote

I loved everything Gabi had to say today and how CB played it.

Ditto.

Quote

I like Xander a lot and really wish he'd turn his life around and be a better person.  

Ditto. Though I like the actor more than the character.

Quote

I fast forwarded the Abigail/Stefan scenes, but nice to hear they had her call it rape. 

Ditto.

Billy punching Stefan looked so real I actually flinched. Loved it.

Rafe/Galen needs to go. Now. Forever. He's become so slimey. Hope settling for his guilt-tripping ass makes me crazy.

Do not tell me Jarlena are seriously tying the knot in the town square where Tan was memorialized, Theo, Abe and JJ were shot and Van Damme held them at gunpoint. Break that piggy bank and build a new set, Ron. 

Edited by DisneyBoy.
4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Billy punching Stefan looked so real I actually flinched. Loved it.

Oh, I may need to recover my recording and watch this part.

0

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do not tell me Jarlena are seriously tying the knot in the town square where Tan was memorialized, Theo, Abe and JJ were shot and Van Damme held them at gunpoint. Break that piggy bank and build a new set, Ron. 

It is an indoor shopping mall. I know the show forgets a lot of details, but it is a shopping mall. So they are going to interrupt shopping to have a big ass wedding where something terrible is sure to happen.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Now that Theresa is back, I really don't want to see Eves  heart broken again.  I just really feel for her.

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Billy punching Stefan looked so real I actually flinched. Loved it.

Who in the hell is Billy?  OMG - It's definitely not Lisa Rinna.

1

Share Post


Link to post

Chad. I wanted to use the actors' names but couldn't remember Stefan's.

2

Share Post


Link to post

On Fridays episode, for the first time, I was happy to see Jen Lilley as Theresa.  Her scenes in Mexico with Chloe and Mateo were very boring and flat ..... And then Zander showed up and now she's back in Salem.

Now she'll start to shine.

Edited by boes.
2

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, boes said:

On Fridays episode, for the first time, I was happy Jen Lilley as Theresa.  Her scenes in Mexico with Chloe and Mateo were very boring and flat ..... And then Zander showed up and now she's back in Salem.

Now she'll start to shine.

I feel the same--maybe it was that Theresa was only interacting with Chloe, who is not the most emotive person, but JL seemed bogged down but now that Theresa is in scenes with other characters, I think Jen Lilley can let Theresa go back to her sassy self :)

2

Share Post


Link to post

Why is every other person in town calling Leo hot? Either they are talking about his actual body temperature or the definition of "hot" has drastically changed recently! 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

Thank you!! 

Even more basic level, are they allowing this loony tune to drive herself all over town?

8

Share Post


Link to post

You just know Brady is going to pull out that smooch tomorrow all, "No, Theresa! It's too late for us!" and jerk out of her arms and kind of shove her away, and I'm going to laugh because EM was totally giving as good as he got during the actual lip lock. Of course, it only happened in the first place so Eve could witness it. 

Did I miss something or is Theresa just deliberately leaving Chloe to fend for herself by not telling anyone about her kidnapping? She's just not going to tell anyone so Mateo stays occupied with Chloe? That's cold. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Did I miss something or is Theresa just deliberately leaving Chloe to fend for herself by not telling anyone about her kidnapping? She's just not going to tell anyone so Mateo stays occupied with Chloe? That's cold. 

When Mateo agree to release her to Xander, he warned her that he would kill Brady and Tate if she told anyone about him having Chloe.

4

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"You tried to kill my sister." "She started it."

Best part of the ep.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Is it too much to hope for Eve and Theresa to forge a sisterly bond over their love for Tate and each other and to just forget about Brady the jackwagon?

8

Share Post


Link to post
Quote

Is it too much to hope for Eve and Theresa to forge a sisterly bond over their love for Tate and each other and to just forget about Brady the jackwagon?

Unfortunately, yes.  These days wimmins are completely defined by the man that they're with or fighting another for.

7

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

When Mateo agree to release her to Xander, he warned her that he would kill Brady and Tate if she told anyone about him having Chloe.

I definitely missed that. Thanks. 

Jeez, I think people will be on her side a little about skipping town until it comes out that she knew Mateo had Chloe and said nothing. 

I'm not down for Brady and Eve. I like the actress although she'll never be Eve to me. I can't stomach Brady most of the time, but, when he's paired with Theresa, I don't know, there's just something compelling in that for me. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

Theresa can surely call up her dad and let him know that Mateo now has Chloe. Or even tell Victor - well, not that he would care, but... Mateo is a bit disturbing.

Xander plans to stick around? Did enjoy the little fight scene with Eric.

Eve and Jennifer are friendly now?

Theresa, turn it down a bit with Brady - talk to him calmly.

Good to see that Lucas has taken possession of the Salem Brain and is seriously looking for Chloe. Maybe Theresa will eventually help him out.

Didn't much care for the Stefan/Chad/Abigail/Alters go-round. Chad and Abigail, get out of the mansion.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Did not take long for Brady to fall into the clutches of Theresea again.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Brady likes those clutches. He always prefers the "bad" girls...

Quote

Eve and Jennifer are friendly now?

Didn't they have a scene at the Pub back when Eve found out Brady was playing her in which Jennifer unexpectedly offered a shoulder? I guess that's why.

Edited by DisneyBoy.
4

Share Post


Link to post

Can someone jog my memory:  I thought Brady&Theresa were officially Married, that they had a 'ceremony"...so wouldn't Brady have to get a Divorce to marry Eve?  At the moment, isn't he married to Theresa?  And also, I thought Tripp knew about Ciara's rape?  When he 1st came to town, didn't Theo or Claire let him know about it?  Or am I all confused? :)

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Can someone jog my memory:  I thought Brady&Theresa were officially Married, that they had a 'ceremony"...so wouldn't Brady have to get a Divorce to marry Eve?  At the moment, isn't he married to Theresa?  And also, I thought Tripp knew about Ciara's rape?  When he 1st came to town, didn't Theo or Claire let him know about it?  Or am I all confused? :)

I don't think Brady and Theresa are officially married.  As I recall they had a private "ceremony" where they exchanges some gloppy vows, but there was no officiate to declare them legally married.  Don't remember if anyone clued Tripp in about the rape.  Guess Kayla didn't think it was important when she was having the sex talk.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I get that this stupid mess was bequeathed to Ron by Dena, but when Mr. Sheffield's name came up today, I just had so many questions.  Was he not keeping an eye on Theresa at all, does he know she's not in Mexico/back in Salem?  Could he really not have given Eve some kind of heads-up to stay away from Brady?  It's so weird.

7

Share Post


Link to post

Abby: You must hate me - I slept with your brother.

Me: Well, it's not like it's the first time.

21

Share Post


Link to post
On 5/20/2018 at 7:12 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Chad. I wanted to use the actors' names but couldn't remember Stefan's.

Tyler Christopher 

0

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

Don't remember if anyone clued Tripp in about the rape.  Guess Kayla didn't think it was important when she was having the sex talk.

 

I think she would have if she hadn't gotten the call from the hospital.  It seemed like they were heading that direction considering Julie's conversation with Ciara.  

1

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I think she would have if she hadn't gotten the call from the hospital.  It seemed like they were heading that direction considering Julie's conversation with Ciara.  

As much as Tripp should eventually find out, it should be from Ciara not Kayla. And as a survivor of rape herself, I believe Kayla would respect her niece's privacy and know it is her choice to tell Tripp if she chooses.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now