All Episodes Discussion: Talk Away!

I think it was a fake situation with the college student.  Something awkward or different usually happens as a segue into the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway.  There was another set up this season with two alleged contestants, and one of the contestants was hobbling down to the stage from an upper seat and was having to clutch at seats and people as she attempted to walk down the stairs in ridiculously high heels.  The contestant couldn't make it to the stage, and the action moved into the audience giveaways.

Share Post

I don't really watch too often. That segment seemed too unEllen. I could not believe it made it passed editing. Just wondering what was up with that segment.

Share Post

If this is what she thinks is funny, she can go FOAD.

Edited by Dishin.

Share Post

Yeah, that didn't strike me as a "joke" (if it was, she should have said something at the end "just so you know guys, we didn't really prank that student, she was a plant, etc.")

If I'm Ellen, I write a personal check for $10,000 to this poor girl.  She's great at giving away other people's money (as was Oprah) and both of them can afford to give away some of their own money as well (I'm sure they do, but here Ellen should make it right however she can).  Unless they found out the girl was somehow a fraud/scam???  Why else would they not give her the money?  So confusing!

Share Post

The girl was an actress doing a bit to get to the 12 days giveaway.  They've been doing fake segments at the beginning of the giveaways this year.

Share Post

I have loved Ellen for a long time, but I only watch her show occasionally now. I saw a segment on her scaring various guests. The whole thing seemed rather mean-spirited to me, and juvenile, in a bullying sense. Some people are more sensitive to being startled. And for anyone with anxiety, PTSD, someone jumping out at you can be truly frightening.

It's a good thing I'm not a celebrity, some of those "pranks" would have me collapse to the floor and cry. She's been lucky that people end up laughing, but I wonder if there might be a few celebrities who have ended up feeling humiliated or angry.

Share Post

Just me, or did Adele sound kind of off key and shouty on "All I Ask"?

Nice show overall though. Adele is such a good sport about everything.

Share Post

I've watched Ellen show a few times and I don't get why it's so popular. Everything is so predictable and unamusing, it seems like the purpose of the show is to show youtube videos of random kids doing random things and giveaways. And the audience is killing my ears.

I've watched Ellen show a few times and I don't get why it's so popular. Everything is so predictable and unamusing, it seems like the purpose of the show is to show youtube videos of random kids doing random things and giveaways. And the audience is killing my ears.

Share Post

I watched today for the first time in years. It wasn't bad. There's not a lot else on. (?)

Share Post

Okay, that was a really sweet show for Mother's Day. The giveaways were both useful and fabulous and the audience members were very happy and appreciative without going bonkers. Even though they usually make me cry, I also like remote videos from servicemen. The segments with Kristen/ Mila and Ashton/Dax were great.

The moms-to-be all looked so pretty and happy in the audience! Cute maternity clothes.

Share Post

Ellen really screwed up by inviting Kanye West back on the show. I don't know which was funnier-Yeezy's delusions of grandeur, his going unchallenged for several minutes or the look on Ellen's face the whole time. Ellen should know by now that letting Kanye run his mouth without trying to stop him will backfire at the other person's expense, which it did, big-time. If Kanye really cared as much about giving back as he thinks he does, then he would do it without acting like a deranged asshole.

Share Post

I deleted the episode without watching once I saw that Kanye was the guest, but I am curious exactly who Ellen thinks her demographic is. If I'm going by her audience members, viewers are strongly skewed towards white females aged 30-60. I'm one and I certainly have no interest in Kanye (or any rappers, if I'm being honest).

Share Post

There is a rumour about Ellen losing her mind after the Kanye fiasco She was heard cussing at  and telling her producers that after his epic rant she never wants Kanye or "That Family" on her show again. Why have Kanye on your show when you know what he is like ( crazy rantings ) did she expect him to be all rainbows and sunbeams? 

Share Post

I was at the Ellen taping with Kanye.  I have to admit I was disappointed when I found out he was the guest.  I am not a fan of his music, or anything else.  His connection with the Kardashian's is an automatic NO.  Ellen seemed really uncomfortable having him on.  I am kind of curious what she expected.  I will say that during the breaks of the taping, she did not show any displeasure or anger, albeit she did seem rather quiet and stunned by his going off.  The first part of the interview was awkward when she was asking about the family - having to pull answers out of him.  Then he started his cursing (used the f-bomb a lot), and Ellen's comment that it was going to be interesting to see how the show was edited to view his portion.  He also sucked at that 5-second game.  The majority of the audience hated his appearance and most were asking WTF.

Share Post

Thanks for the summary, SoCal Mema. I imagine Ellen has a say in which guests are booked, so inviting him in the first place still seems very weird to me. I genuinely believe the guy's mentally ill.

Be interesting to see if she ever invites him back.

Share Post

17 hours ago, RoxieBear73 said:

There is a rumour about Ellen losing her mind after the Kanye fiasco She was heard cussing at  and telling her producers that after his epic rant she never wants Kanye or "That Family" on her show again. Why have Kanye on your show when you know what he is like ( crazy rantings ) did she expect him to be all rainbows and sunbeams? 

I do not believe this for one minute.    She knows what guests are being invited and certainly has the biggest say in the decision!   She has no problem with the Kardashians,  they have all been on her show and Kris and Kloe more than once.   AND I am sure she knew she was in for something off the rails with Kanye. 

Share Post

Thanks for the summary, SoCal Mema. I imagine Ellen has a say in which guests are booked, so inviting him in the first place still seems very weird to me. I genuinely believe the guy's mentally ill.

Be interesting to see if she ever invites him back.

She did not seem particularly bothered about his rant...she just sat quietly and let him go on and on.  Perhaps it's because she knew they could edit and filter what was needed.  It was almost as if she was pacifying him.  I've been to previous tapings and none of them ever had such an awkward guest.

Share Post

It tickled me that Hillary was the second tier guest, just because political candidates are so commonplace on talk shows now.

Super fun episode, especially the bits with Kate McKkinnon's impressions of Ellen and Hillary and the vice president edition of Who'd You Rather. I also liked the bathing suits.

Share Post

I love Ellen, the person, not the show.  I tape it and watch guests I want to see. She does an excellent interview. I  FF through most of it though.  The games, those in need getting $$ or car, heroes, pranks, etc.  

Share Post

On her show today she celebrated her 'coming out' episode of her sitcom.  I'm curious what type of violence happened to her afterwards that she was telling Oprah about.  She talked about how people would see her after the show aired and they would yell negative things out of their car window, then she mentioned something about their was some violence too but didn't go into detail.  It made me wonder if she was physically assaulted or vandals that hit her house or property.

Share Post

I'm surprised that there's so few comments here!!!  I came to say that if I didn't already like Jessica Biel before today, I'd sure be impressed by her "performance" today!

Share Post

I love Ellen however, the format for her particular thread on this forum seems odd and disjointed. That is why I don't comment here.

But I love Ellen for her internal beauty....realness, honesty, grace, compassion, empathy, kindness (for all living beings) wit, humor and warmth!

Share Post

Alas, I don't get to see the show every day, but I noticed she's not dancing as much into the audience.  Has she ever said why?  I hope she didn't hurt her back one too many times.  Once you have a back injury, it never goes away.  Just lays low and then flares up now and again.

Share Post

59 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Alas, I don't get to see the show every day, but I noticed she's not dancing as much into the audience.  Has she ever said why?  I hope she didn't hurt her back one too many times.  Once you have a back injury, it never goes away.  Just lays low and then flares up now and again.

I can't remember if she's danced in this season at all, BUT I do remember Jessica Biel's fabulous dance with tWitch!!!

Share Post

On 9/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, chenoa333 said:

I love Ellen however, the format for her particular thread on this forum seems odd and disjointed. That is why I don't comment here.

But I love Ellen for her internal beauty....realness, honesty, grace, compassion, empathy, kindness (for all living beings) wit, humor and warmth!

I agree.  Very odd thread topics.  I don't come here either but it is more about not much to discuss.  

I adore Ellen for the same reasons. 

Now that it is mentioned I see she doesn't dance anymore.  I have always FFed through it anyway so fine with me.  She probably got tired of doing it or production did. 

I FF the kids. The girl who knows the presidents is strange.  

I enjoy her interviews, she is good at it, scaring them is stupid though. 

I fly through the hour stopping at things that interest me.  

Share Post

Came here to comment on Ellen getting some kind of quiz show where she gets to humiliate and abuse people for her amusement ( and I guess for ours). Is there a market for this or is Ellen getting to be like Oprah and she gets a green light on everything she wants to do?  I know I won't be watching but I rarely watch her talk show anymore because the pranks and scaring people do not amuse me. I used to find her stand up entertaining and thought she was a good interviewer, but I believe she has become a bit full of herself and is a little bit mean.

Share Post

Oh wow, I guess not too many people post on this board, LOL. I had actually forgot that I posted a comment last year.   I just wanted to mention about her father dying.  I actually thought he died a long time ago because I've never heard of her talking about him until now when she mentioned he passed.  I wasn't sure where he lived but I read online that he was living in La Jolla, California with his wife.  That did make me wonder how he ended up in California when he was from New Orleans, and also why wasn't he living in L.A. near Ellen?  I assume her mother does.  Also, if Ellen was the one who paid for his home because it was said he lived in a 'modest' house that cost $350,000.  I wondered where an insurance salesman could earn that much money, but maybe he saved a lot.  

Share Post

I wish she would wear her hair longer.  Her huge ears are really disconcerting.  Yeah, I'm shallow.

Share Post

I have a question if anyone knows....how come Ellen doesn't dance anymore during the intro?  I only started to recently watch the show again and admittedly never really cared for that part anyway.  Just curious.   Thanks!

Share Post

On 1/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, Tammee said:

I have a question if anyone knows....how come Ellen doesn't dance anymore during the intro?  I only started to recently watch the show again and admittedly never really cared for that part anyway.  Just curious.   Thanks!

I think that started just thus season.  I assume she just got tired of or the producer made the change.  I always FF that so fine with me.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, Tenarife60 said:

Oh wow, I guess not too many people post on this board, LOL. I had actually forgot that I posted a comment last year.   I just wanted to mention about her father dying.  I actually thought he died a long time ago because I've never heard of her talking about him until now when she mentioned he passed.  I wasn't sure where he lived but I read online that he was living in La Jolla, California with his wife.  That did make me wonder how he ended up in California when he was from New Orleans, and also why wasn't he living in L.A. near Ellen?  I assume her mother does.  Also, if Ellen was the one who paid for his home because it was said he lived in a 'modest' house that cost $350,000.  I wondered where an insurance salesman could earn that much money, but maybe he saved a lot.  

She has never mentioned her father!  There is probably a story there. Could be that her mother divorced him when she was young and he did not stay connected.   Her mother lives rural in CA last I heard.  I think it is an assisted living community.   

350k is not a high price for a house especially in CA.  

Share Post

I enjoyed Ellen's Birthday show today, especially seeing Michelle Obama.  And when Portia came out, Ellen was very emotional,  the gift Portia set up for her(the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Center) was quite amazing.  

Share Post

Michele Obama is fabulous in every way.  I miss both of them terribly. 

Share Post

On 2/2/2018 at 11:11 PM, Wings said:

Michele Obama is fabulous in every way.  I miss both of them terribly. 

sigh

Share Post

Saw something today about Ellen asking Bill Gates about the prices of everyday products at the grocery store. She totally embarrassed him. How many of those prices does she know?!

Share Post

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Saw something today about Ellen asking Bill Gates about the prices of everyday products at the grocery store. She totally embarrassed him. How many of those prices does she know?!

For Gawd's sake, neither one of them has been in a grocery store in the past twenty years!!!  It was a joke ... what's the big deal???

Share Post

Bill Gates was not embarrassed at all!   

Share Post

Hello, 

I'm looking for all the episodes of Teri Hatcher on Ellen show.
I've already looked on YouTube. I only found extracts, not full interviews...
Does anybody here can help me, please?

Those I'm looking for are from 2004 to 2006. Here are the dates :

- Episode dated 19 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 17 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 2 February 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 12 November 2004 (2004) ... Herself

If you can help me, email me at samforce85@gmail.com

Thanks, regards.

Share Post

On 2/1/2018 at 7:10 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed Ellen's Birthday show today, especially seeing Michelle Obama.  And when Portia came out, Ellen was very emotional,  the gift Portia set up for her(the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Center) was quite amazing.  

I missed that episode. Damn! Maybe I can find it on youtube?

What an awesome gift. These 2 women know each other well. There is no "what gift do you give to someone who has everything"? Portia hit a home run on this birthday present! 

Share Post

On 3/11/2018 at 7:12 AM, terihfan said:

Hello, 

I'm looking for all the episodes of Teri Hatcher on Ellen show.
I've already looked on YouTube. I only found extracts, not full interviews...
Does anybody here can help me, please?

Those I'm looking for are from 2004 to 2006. Here are the dates :

- Episode dated 19 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 17 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 2 February 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 12 November 2004 (2004) ... Herself

If you can help me, email me at samforce85@gmail.com

Thanks, regards.

I am very curious as to why.  Can you share that?

Share Post

On 05/04/2018 at 7:31 PM, Wings said:

I am very curious as to why.  Can you share that?

It's simple : because I'm a big Teri Hatcher fan, and I want to watch all her interviews.

Share Post

43 minutes ago, terihfan said:

It's simple : because I'm a big Teri Hatcher fan, and I want to watch all her interviews.

Had I noticed your user name it would have been clear!  LOL

Share Post

wow, not a lot of action here. i usually never watched either but i tuned in for sandra bullock because i like her but the last photo i saw of her was horrible and just had to look. well she looked a lot better. must have just been the makeup in the photo. she does need a hair cut in my opinion but she seems to have a good sense of humor. i would never inject that substance in my face. people are crazy. but the story was funny.

Share Post

I haven’t watched probably since Portia was on presenting that sweet birthday gift to Ellen. I saw that she was on again yesterday and caught  that show. There is such an ease between them, it’s nice to watch. Interesting hearing about Portia’s new business venture. 

I recorded and watched Sandra today. They seem like friends and have a good rapport that’s fun to watch. I agree Sandra looked better than I have seen. 

Ellen does great with interviews especially with friends. That’s about all I’ll tune in to. The rest is ff material to me. 

Share Post

7 hours ago, diana said:

I haven’t watched probably since Portia was on presenting that sweet birthday gift to Ellen. I saw that she was on again yesterday and caught  that show. There is such an ease between them, it’s nice to watch. Interesting hearing about Portia’s new business venture. 

I recorded and watched Sandra today. They seem like friends and have a good rapport that’s fun to watch. I agree Sandra looked better than I have seen. 

Ellen does great with interviews especially with friends. That’s about all I’ll tune in to. The rest is ff material to me. 

that was the best birthday present by far for an incredibly wealthy celebrity! an animal lover myself was thrilled about the gorilla preservation. love them both for that. love love. it makes me happy to hear about the super rich actually doing something worthwhile with their fortunes. if we  heard more about this from other million/billionaires , i would feel better about which celebs i follow. as of now, it sickens me for the most part.

oh, one thing that really bothers me is how she "scares" her guests. that segment with sarah paulson just annoyed me. i find nothing funny about someone scaring another. i don't get it. it's not funny. period. it really pisses me off. it's cruel. 

Share Post

On 12/31/2015 at 1:38 AM, backformore said:

I have loved Ellen for a long time, but I only watch her show occasionally now. I saw a segment on her scaring various guests. The whole thing seemed rather mean-spirited to me, and juvenile, in a bullying sense. Some people are more sensitive to being startled. And for anyone with anxiety, PTSD, someone jumping out at you can be truly frightening.

It's a good thing I'm not a celebrity, some of those "pranks" would have me collapse to the floor and cry. She's been lucky that people end up laughing, but I wonder if there might be a few celebrities who have ended up feeling humiliated or angry.

i just posted about this . you are right, it is mean-spirited, juvenile and bullying. i'm surprised someone like ellen thinks this is funny. it's horrible. she needs to be educated about this. hate it. stop it ellen. how do we let her know this is unkind to say the least?

Share Post

wow, i just looked at her Facebook page and there must be hundreds of comments about the segment on scaring sarah paulson. it was disturbing to me how 99.9% of them thought this was funny, hysterical, all good. and the few people who voiced their opinion that it was not funny, it was bullying, abusive, controlling whatever, were the recipients of nasty comments.  

Share Post

I happened to tune in today & saw Ellen give a nice surprise to her assistant, Jeannie.  She presented her with a new car.  Jeannie was very surprised.  Jennie does all kinds of crazy stuff for the Ellen Show, she stands out in the cold to give prizes to viewers, she travels all around the country.  She says she loves what she does(it would be a fun job), but she was really surprised with the gift of a car, for being with the Ellen Show for 10 years. 

Share Post