S01.E05: Judge and Jury 2014.10.30

Episode Description:

Rebecca serves on the jury of a prostitution case. Tedward trains Gary to be Rebecca's potential replacement for the Serpico Olympics.

That was not good -- Rebecca acted like an ass throughout the show since rules aren't made for her and then she decides to go all Henry Fonda in '12 Angry Men' over a prostitution case, 'cause she is all about helping people she thinks have been wronged. 

Shouldn't there have been a bailiff preventing her from taking the food into the jury room ?  And rounding up the jurors when they were late.

Rob Riggle was funny as the jury foreman, and I loved that he called her out for dressing like a hooker, since she's supposed to be "a judge".  And that everyone was sick of her reminding them that she was "a judge".

Can't repeat this enough -- the Super Big Gulp cup and the red headphones need to go.

The Serpico Olympics -- I'm assuming that was the name of the bar (didn't really pay attention to that details), but why was there only two teams in a bar full of people.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

I'd pretty much written this show off, but dammit if I don't love me some Rob Riggle.  When he's gone, so am I.

Share Post

This episode is bad to the core because, you know what, judges and lawyers can not be members of jury. It is not just up to the presiding judge to decide. It is simply can not happen

Share Post

This episode is bad to the core because, you know what, judges and lawyers can not be members of jury. It is not just up to the presiding judge to decide. It is simply can not happen

I was wondering about that. I know in Canada typically they wouldn't let judges or lawyers be on juries. I wasn't sure if it was the same in the US.

The thing that bugs me is that the show has a solid cast but just ends up being really bad. I mean the idea of friends from a courthouse playing bar games could have been interesting, but the games seemed dumb. Plus I have never served on jury duty, but wouldn't the case only run during the work day? So does that mean if the Bad Judge (whatever her name is) hadn't been called into jury duty  she would have skipped out of work early to go to a bar and play games (along with the court officer, the DA and the stenographer)? That makes no sense.

Share Post