Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Knowing what I know now, after this most recent season, it changes everything, how I regard the other HWs. I am now (gasp) sympathetic to Kelly. She’s whack and needs to take her meds as prescribed, but when you see the euphoria in Beth when she’s telling everyone else that SHE WAS RIGHT, you do realize that Beth is damaged, possibly irreparably. 

And she self-soothes by being cruel to others.

Who’s actually happy. Who has no need to constantly belittle others, including waitstaff she has no history with.

Kelly's delivery is never linear but she was RIGHT ON about Bethenny out of the gate.  I have cheered her from the moment she had the balls to look Bethenny in the eye at the Brass Monkey and say "We're not friends and we never will be friends"................and that Bethenny's "antics" are "for kids". MIC DROP.  No one else has ever dared. 

Share Post

I haven’t read anything before this, but am now watching three episodes of Scary Island.  Just sayin that I just LOVE these girls, especially Bethenny, Luann, Ramona and Sonja.  I could just watch them continuously and not be bored.  Wish they were my friends in real life.  Hope they are on forever and ever.

Share Post

23 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I haven’t read anything before this, but am now watching three episodes of Scary Island.  Just sayin that I just LOVE these girls, especially Bethenny, Luann, Ramona and Sonja.  I could just watch them continuously and not be bored.  Wish they were my friends in real life.  Hope they are on forever and ever.

Only problem being that they aren't real friends.  Just fake friends for filming purposes.

Even if they were real friends, they come with a little too much drama and baggage. They would stab you in the back and make you cry.

You would probably prefer your real life friends. 

Share Post

I’m not sure she is in any Macy’s other than that one appearance.  I suspect she might have been in “The Market at Macy's” a section where brands pay a fee to set up in the store for a limited time using Macy’s publicity machine and operations services (checkout people, etc.).  I’m just guessing.  

http://www.themarketatmacys.com/locations/herald-square

Share Post

26 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Only problem being that they aren't real friends.  Just fake friends for filming purposes.

Even if they were real friends, they come with a little too much drama and baggage. They would stab you in the back and make you cry.

You would probably prefer your real life friends. 

I know, so let’s just say “friends in my head”.  Now Jason is on and they look happy and moving down town.  How things have changed for all of them.  No more Bobby, Mario and Jacque.  And Kelly and Jill, which I don’t mind. 

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I know, so let’s just say “friends in my head”.  Now Jason is on and they look happy and moving down town.  How things have changed for all of them.  No more Bobby, Mario and Jacque.  And Kelly and Jill, which I don’t mind. 

So you are getting to the point where Bethenny says in her wedding vows that she wants to be close to Jason's family and friends. That didn't work out so well.

Share Post

13 hours ago, weaver said:

I suspect she might have been in “The Market at Macy's” a section where brands pay a fee to set up in the store for a limited time using Macy’s publicity machine and operations services (checkout people, etc.).  I’m just guessing.  

http://www.themarketatmacys.com/locations/herald-square

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

"....and she just teamed up with Macy’s to bring her designs to a Market at Macy's location near you."

https://people.com/style/bethenny-frankel-skinnygirl-jeans-macys-launch/

Share Post

2 hours ago, film noire said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

"....and she just teamed up with Macy’s to bring her designs to a Market at Macy's location near you."

https://people.com/style/bethenny-frankel-skinnygirl-jeans-macys-launch/

When I look at the jeans: red stripe, stud and chain-like embellishments, I immediately think of the ‘tween girls jeans section at Target. Is it just me?

“Sonja cleaned me out. She took every pair I have.” I wonder if that is Beth’s version of, “They send me prototypes of every SKU. They are huge on me, so I give them to Sonja, because no one pounces on free s- - - like Sonja.”

Share Post

17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When I look at the jeans: red stripe, stud and chain-like embellishments, I immediately think of the ‘tween girls jeans section at Target. Is it just me?

“Sonja cleaned me out. She took every pair I have.” I wonder if that is Beth’s version of, “They send me prototypes of every SKU. They are huge on me, so I give them to Sonja, because no one pounces on free s- - - like Sonja.”

They remind me of when they all got together to decorate with Ramona's jewelry, bedazzle and sew coasters on Heather's Yummie jeans for charity.

Share Post

When I see/hear that garments are available at Costco (if that was legit) and HSN, my mind isn't transported to a high end place for sure.  With price points around $100 bux, she is pricing at what I would call moderate/better level.  I don't get that from the images I've seen.  mmv

Edited by SuprSuprElevated. Reason: isn't, not is

Share Post

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

When I see/hear that garments are available at Costco (if that was legit) and HSN, my mind isn't transported to a high end place for sure.  With price points around $100 bux, she is pricing at what I would call moderate/better level.  I don't get that from the images I've seen.  mmv

The Costco thing was not real. There is an earlier post saying what brand they were. I don't remember the brand. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Reality police said:

The Costco thing was not real. There is an earlier post saying what brand they were. I don't remember the brand. 

Ah.  Makes sense.  That would have been brand suicide.  She's a lot of things, but usually not dumb.

Share Post

On 10/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Martinigirl said:

Just did a Costco search..it seems the Skinny Jeans are Calvin Klein Ultimate Skinny Jean and not Bethenny's jeans

@SuprSuprElevated, this is the post. 

Share Post

This was the image that I posted way ^^up there somewhere.  Sign says"Skinny Girl", so seems odd that CK would be using the name?  Probably a hoax or something.

Screenshot (222).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated. Reason: After the post proofreading. Bad practice.

Share Post

VF Outlets (Vanity Fair) have entire sections of Skinny Girl underwear.  TJX stores have a lot of SG underwear too.

Share Post

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

VF Outlets (Vanity Fair) have entire sections of Skinny Girl underwear.  TJX stores have a lot of SG underwear too.

Are factories still manufacturing the SG underwear?

Hmm.... I don’t know. So many licensing deals that don’t stick to the wall. This can’t be good for the SG brand, can it? 

Share Post

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Are factories still manufacturing the SG underwear?

Hmm.... I don’t know. So many licensing deals that don’t stick to the wall. This can’t be good for the SG brand, can it? 

I'm not sure...  I was just at the VF in Reading, PA last week when I was traveling and they had a lot of inventory.  Not the smoothers & shapers line but actual tank tops and undies.  VF is the dead last place that I can find actual non-shaper slips to wear under dresses so I try to go when I'm passing through!

Share Post

On 10/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, Reality police said:
On 10/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Martinigirl said:

Just did a Costco search..it seems the Skinny Jeans are Calvin Klein Ultimate Skinny Jean and not Bethenny's jeans

@SuprSuprElevated, this is the post. 

Not necessarily. It could be a warehouse only item.  A few months ago I picked up Lucky Brand jeans for a ridiculously low price at one of the warehouses.  Those did not show up on the website.  

Share Post

Thx for the link @SuprSuprElevated

I miss her real face -- I thought her look was pretty and charming and unique -- these endless procedures are starting to make her look like the wife of a mid-eighties TV preacher (one of those "Send us your money and Jesus will bless you a hundredfold!"  abundance televangelists).

frankel surgery.jpg

frankel 2.jpg

Edited by film noire.

Share Post

1 hour ago, film noire said:

I miss her real face -- I thought her look was pretty and charming and unique -- these endless procedures are starting to make her look like the wife of a mid-eighties TV preacher (one of those "Send us your money and Jesus will bless you a hundredfold!"  abundance televangelists).

frankel surgery.jpg

frankel 2.jpg

That top picture is particularly troubling. What is up with the divet beneath her eye?

Share Post

I remember a scene in the first or second season when she was getting her hair done with Jill and she said something like “anything to distract from the face.” I should go back and watch. She’s probably always been insecure about her jaw. I’ve always thought she had a cute and unique look - the black hair and green eyes combo is lovely. 

Share Post

7 hours ago, film noire said:

frankel surgery.jpg

frankel 2.jpg

Just no with this ! The high hair, ringlets and puffy shirt and tarantula eyelashes. Too much .

Refer to your Preppy Handbook. Dress, put on accessories then remove one. You’re ready for anything ! 

Share Post

1 hour ago, ryebread said:

The change in her face while pregnant was remarkable. I'd never seen anything like it before. 

Her jaw during the pregnancy was crazy. Is a photo from that period included in that collection?

That’s not the reason “Beth Getting Married?” is not on Hulu, is it? Because of the jaw that had its own area code?

Share Post

20 hours ago, film noire said:

frankel surgery.jpg

frankel 2.jpg

Hee! Yes. You are spot-on regarding the abundance televangelists!!

Regarding the top photo, I am oddly obsessed with the fact that you can draw a smooth, curved line that delineates where the skin moves and behaves like skin vs. where there is facial paralysis.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz.

Share Post

Once again Bethenny hands Jason his ass  -- this time it was Tuesday in the custody case.  When the judge speaks to you from the bench in open court to tell you what an asshole you are, that's bad.  I'm sure his attorney wasn't pleased either, although I think he deserves to look like a hack representing a scumbag.

From Page Six:

Bethenny Frankel’s ex-husband Jason Hoppy is accused of “exploiting” the death of her ex-boyfriend Dennis Shields.

Page Six reports that Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Michael Katz called Hoppy out for requesting his ex-wife Frankel be drug tested after her boyfriend Dennis died of a drug overdose in August.

“There was a tragedy which I think you’re trying to exploit to embarrass Ms. Frankel,” Katz scolded Hoppy while denying the request for drug testing.

Hoppy’s lawyer, Robert Wallack, argued that Shields’ death wasn’t the only reason for requesting Bethenny undergo drug testing.Wallack also brought up a recent Instagram video where the RHONY appeared “intoxicated and slurring her speech.”

Bethenny also “appeared on TV passed out from mixing alcohol with Ambien,” Wallack told the judge, referring to the May 30 episode of RHONY “Holidazed and Confused.”

“If this is what she’s putting out in public, we don’t know what she’s doing in private,” Wallack said.

Meanwhile, Frankel’s attorney insisted his client doesn’t have a substance abuse issue.

“She’s on television, she’s entertaining. It’s her livelihood to say, ‘I’m out with friends having a good time,’”Mayefsky said.

In the end, Judge Katz criticized the timing of Hoppy’s drug testing demand while approving Bethenny’s request for a custody trial. Said custody trial is set for March 2019.

Share Post

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is a photo from that period included in that collection?

Bethennyfrankel2.jpg

bethenny_frankel_D89_march31.JPG

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.

Share Post

On 10/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oof that pregnancy jaw was... tough to look at.

March and Sept 2015 don’t look like her at all! 

5 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Edited by Duke2801.

Share Post