Jump to content

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

40 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Calling @KungFuBunny to provide a GIF of walnutqueen raising her hand.

But then, what I remember about my holiday dinners is that they were decidedly untraditional ...  ;-)

Not sure which you'd prefer:

934eb551044f1211f5cced04007a9be6.gif

 

excited-baby.gif

8

Share Post


Link to post
Official Post

Hey guys, it's the offseason now, so I know things are gonna wander a bit, but let's try and keep the thread about Bethenny, please :) 

2

Share Post


Link to post

I'm not sure I like Bethenny's dress but she still looks good.  

Sonja looks ridiculous ............especially her extensions.

3

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny & Barbara

 

 

41281706_270156296835762_894000346301398

I hate the open shoulder shirt, the whole outfit really, you posted but the above, I kind of like the look. Not so much the hat, would have preferred a bit more of a "flop" to it. Since I despise SJP/CB being labeled as "fashion geniuses" (real person/character) when they are really in my opinion just ridiculously dressed, I will go the Linda Rodin route and say it is something she would wear.  The open shoulder shirt just looks annoying, the pants look two sizes too big, it doesn't look high end, and I hate when the person who is always around taking pictures of her doesn't tell her to put the purse down. 

22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny and Sonja

Celon Lounge

40671209_162327261356620_631620257822505

She is in that dress in a instagram post today. I like the dress but am trying to figure out if it is the same one she wore maybe last summer that everyone hated and I loved, or if it is a different one. Those are pictures of Sonja in the background for some photo shoot she did for a purse? I think. Did the extensions come as a result of the photoshoot and she is keeping them? I think she may have found a niche if she can keep doing things like that. 

It might just be a photo blip, but BF has a "don't even think about straying from my hooks Sonja" look on her face. You just know she is going to criticize whatever success Sonja is having with the job.

2

Share Post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I hate the open shoulder shirt, the whole outfit really, you posted but the above, I kind of like the look. Not so much the hat, would have preferred a bit more of a "flop" to it. Since I despise SJP/CB being labeled as "fashion geniuses" (real person/character) when they are really in my opinion just ridiculously dressed, I will go the Linda Rodin route and say it is something she would wear.  The open shoulder shirt just looks annoying, the pants look two sizes too big, it doesn't look high end, and I hate when the person who is always around taking pictures of her doesn't tell her to put the purse down. 

She is in that dress in a instagram post today. I like the dress but am trying to figure out if it is the same one she wore maybe last summer that everyone hated and I loved, or if it is a different one. Those are pictures of Sonja in the background for some photo shoot she did for a purse? I think. Did the extensions come as a result of the photoshoot and she is keeping them? I think she may have found a niche if she can keep doing things like that. 

It might just be a photo blip, but BF has a "don't even think about straying from my hooks Sonja" look on her face. You just know she is going to criticize whatever success Sonja is having with the job.

BF has worn that dress multiple times, or at least been photographed in it multiple times, one of which I think was when Dennis was with her, and they were filming a scene with everyone around a dinner table or something.  Dennis had that ridiculous sweater on.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.
4

Share Post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

 

It might just be a photo blip, but BF has a "don't even think about straying from my hooks Sonja" look on her face. You just know she is going to criticize whatever success Sonja is having with the job.

Huh?  Seriously?

 

image.jpeg

0

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny and Sonja

Celon Lounge

40671209_162327261356620_631620257822505

I dig Sonja's shoes.

Not sure if it is the extensions, dress, or lighting, but Sonja is serving a "discount Donatella Versace at a distance" kinda vibe.

The sleeves of Bethenny's dress are a little odd. It might be a weird angle, but I'm not a fan of the pouf.

4

Share Post


Link to post

It looks to me like Sonja has a cheap Halloween wig on.  There seems to be a pretty defined line right behind her little bit of bangs, she's just giving me shades of season one Kim Zolciak.  

3

Share Post


Link to post

Is B’s dress the one that Juliette from Ladies of London has also been photographed in?  It looks familiar.

6

Share Post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is B’s dress the one that Juliette from Ladies of London has also been photographed in?  It looks familiar.

Now that you mention it, I think so.  It totally looks like something Juliette would wear.

6

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It might just be a photo blip, but BF has a "don't even think about straying from my hooks Sonja" look on her face. You just know she is going to criticize whatever success Sonja is having with the job.

I thought it was more of a "Where the F is Luann?! Sonja needs her snatch guard!" kind of look.

23 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is B’s dress the one that Juliette from Ladies of London has also been photographed in?  It looks familiar.

Yes. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

BF has worn that dress multiple times, or at least been photographed in it multiple times, one of which I think was when Dennis was with her, and they were filming a scene with everyone around a dinner table or something.  Dennis had that ridiculous sweater on.

Was that the marathon dinner where we had to hear Beth TH, “What the F are you wearing?” seven times?

8

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Was that the marathon dinner where we had to hear Beth TH, “What the F are you wearing?” seven times?

I couldn't say.  The season is a blur.

2

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

BF has worn that dress multiple times, or at least been photographed in it multiple times, one of which I think was when Dennis was with her, and they were filming a scene with everyone around a dinner table or something.  Dennis had that ridiculous sweater on.

Okay, I did think I saw her in it before. Yet I also think she has another dress similar to it, but the ruffle/ruche is more circular on the chest and maybe it is a longer dress? It's on the edges of my memory bank, can't quite picture it.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I’m impressed Beth did not bring her hair and makeup people to NC. 

As someone above posted, I think Juliet wore that dress on an episode of Ladies of London. Juliet wore a lot of Little House on the Prairie-inspired bib dresses. I remember being surprised that Beth would wear something so covered-up.

2

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny and Sonja

Celon Lounge

40671209_162327261356620_631620257822505

Sorry but WTF.  Is it art?  What is it?  I don't get it.

On another note, hey, great that Beth and her partners brought $40000. worth of goods to NC.  I would never criticize her for going to Fayetteville, NC.  Yes, they were severely affected by Florence because of the all the flooding that is still going on.  What bothers me is the attitude.  Yep. this is a crisis.  We've had many a crisis and you're late to the game.  I can't explain it.  It goes back to PR and her declaring she was the first one there. 

Did she bring a photographer to NC?

3

Share Post


Link to post

I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not sure where the pic is from, but looking at the pics in the background, it looks like it may be some sort of launch party for Sonja. Those look (to me) like pics of her, with different items she has so I'm guessing it's stuff for her website.

1

Share Post


Link to post
9 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Okay, I did think I saw her in it before. Yet I also think she has another dress similar to it, but the ruffle/ruche is more circular on the chest and maybe it is a longer dress? It's on the edges of my memory bank, can't quite picture it.

That could be.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Bethenny is definitely giving Sonja a look in that photo bc Sonja deserves a look. I am sure we are getting a TH after that from B with a quip. 

I think Bethenny has done some great work on her face. She may need to start dialing it back tho. The jeans photo with David Yontef and the thisisacrisis photo has the markings of the beginning of the plastic look. Time to step back. She looks great right now. 

I hate both her and Barbara's looks. Bethenny's is too much and Barbara's is too mixed and mixed wrong. 

4

Share Post


Link to post

I knew I wasn't crazy! Here's the other dress. Is this the same designer/collection or whatever as the dress she is wearing above?

Bethenny+Frankel+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dr

Edited by LucindaWalsh. Reason: wonky link
5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Bethenny is definitely giving Sonja a look in that photo bc Sonja deserves a look. I am sure we are getting a TH after that from B with a quip. 

I think Bethenny has done some great work on her face. She may need to start dialing it back tho. The jeans photo with David Yontef and the thisisacrisis photo has the markings of the beginning of the plastic look. Time to step back. She looks great right now. 

I hate both her and Barbara's looks. Bethenny's is too much and Barbara's is too mixed and mixed wrong. 

Likely that Sonja forgot (again) to put her undies on. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/19/2018 at 9:07 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

That was not a very hip and happening video of the Macy's launch. None of them looked very good in the jeans; they come across as pajamajeans. BF should invest in some dance moves lessons.

Sonja looks like she's high as a kite, and note Bethenny's subtle nose rub while she's dancing. Hmmm. Reminded me of Dorit's nose rubbing.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I can’t locate @LucindaWalsh‘s post about Beth losing weight because she’s mourning Dennis, but I think a MourningGirl diet or self-help book would complement perfectly her brand; if you drop those pounds, you won’t have to pay extra for her plus-size Skinny Girl jeans. Everybody wins. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
19 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I knew I wasn't crazy! Here's the other dress. Is this the same designer/collection or whatever as the dress she is wearing above?

Bethenny+Frankel+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dr

It looks very Dolce & Gabbana.  They did all those floral print dresses starting a few years ago and they are hugely popular.  

3

Share Post


Link to post

I looked it up.  It’s a brand called Zimmerman.  It’s in the $1000, $1500 range.  I like it, but agree it’s a more Tinsley style.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I don't understand Bethenny's grief diet. She doesn't look any thinner than usual.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/22/2018 at 2:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Awesome Holiday card.

How funny she knew who to leave off

LOL! They cut Carole out of the photo! hahahahha

6

Share Post


Link to post

Bethenny and Dennis were "on again/off again" for so long, and then she said that they could never be together because he "could not commit" They were "off again" when he died. I think he was still very much in love with Jill.

Bethenny was just a  casual relationship. IMO.

Makes me feel bad for Jill, who obviously he considered seriously enough attached to not to divorce even though they were seeing other people. Dennis apparently was so still attached to Jill to take her to the Springsteen show. That was so sweet. Bethenny probably was not too pleased about this.

Bottom Line: Dennis was likely still very much in love with Jill.

Edited by Happy Camper.
5

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL! They cut Carole out of the photo! hahahahha

She was never in the photo to begin with :)

xmas photo.jpg

 

eta:

Quote

  @SuprSuprElevated    Looks more suited to Tinsley imo.

Yes (if anybody can pull off the Nellie Olsen grew up to be a babygirl hooker! look, it might be Tinsley :)

Edited by film noire.
6

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/22/2018 at 2:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Awesome Holiday card.

How funny she knew who to leave off

Weird. Artist  just paints same faces with different hats/accessories. Okay.

4

Share Post


Link to post

Clue: The direction Carole's boobs point

Team mate got the answer in one second

 

7

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

This has a nice Scientology feel to it. 

LOL 

1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Weird. Artist  just paints same faces with different hats/accessories. Okay.

And none of them have any noses left (must be all that holiday "snow" :)

Edited by film noire.
7

Share Post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny and Dennis were "on again/off again" for so long, and then she said that they could never be together because he "could not commit" They were "off again" when he died. I think he was still very much in love with Jill.

Bethenny was just a  casual relationship. IMO.

Makes me feel bad for Jill, who obviously he considered seriously enough attached to not to divorce even though they were seeing other people. Dennis apparently was so still attached to Jill to take her to the Springsteen show. That was so sweet. Bethenny probably was not too pleased about this.

Bottom Line: Dennis was likely still very much in love with Jill.

 

Ooh, how I wish I'd had any man SOOO in lurve with me that he was fucking someone else while I was fucking someone else.  And how our undying lurve was only put front and center After He Died.

Now bring me my fainting couch, so I can swoon over the lurve that transponds the ages.

Oh, and bring me my Victorian mourning brooch.

Edited by walnutqueen.
19

Share Post


Link to post

For argument's sake, let's say that B and Dennis were just casual and off rather than on when he died.  They had dated, they had been close at times, so couldn't she still be sad and miss her friend?  Couldn't she mourn the times they HAD been close?  Couldn't she have thought that perhaps this was one of the off periods prior to another on period, where perhaps things would have worked out and then they'd have stayed together, but, now he's dead, so, that can never happen?  That would make me sad, because I'd wonder what would have happened if he'd lived, were I in her shoes and the above was the case.  

That said, I do think they were more than casual, and I do think that things were done with his wife and they had both moved on.  Why the divorce wasn't finalized, I don't know.  People have their reasons.  I had a great aunt who got married (like, in the 1930s), after about 6 months, she realized she couldn't live with her husband, so she moved back home with her mother.  And, she stayed married, for the rest of her life.  Or his, I don't know who died first.  I never met him, but she died in like 2005, so that was a long ass non-marriage.  People are strange sometimes and while it's not what I would do, I figure they have their own reasons and if it works for them, fine.  I'd want the divorce if I were the wife in the situation, and I don't know that if I were involved with the guy, I could be with someone who was still married, but separated with no imminent divorce plans, but, that's the choice I get to make for my own life.  Plus, I'm married and fine with my husband, so it's really a non-issue all around.

11

Share Post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Ooh, how I wish I'd had any man SOOO in lurve with me that he was fucking someone else while I was fucking someone else.  And how our undying lurve was only put front and center After He Died.

Now bring me my fainting couch, so I can swoon over the lurve that transponds the ages.

Oh, and bring me my Victorian mourning brooch.

Imo, both women embarrassed themselves over a man who was two-timing the both of them.  I give this much <squeezes thumb and forefinger tightly together> of an edge to the one he was married to and had children with. 

7

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL! They cut Carole out of the photo! hahahahha

 

2 hours ago, film noire said:

She was never in the photo to begin with :)

xmas photo.jpg

 

 

 

Word on the street: Carole was there but thought the green trim on Bethenny's head gear was too reminiscent of a crown and so the Princess flounced.

1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Just embarrassing. 

It seems like everyone is having fun. Can I ask what is embarrassing? #confused

Edited by SCS. Reason: spelling!
11

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Imo, both women embarrassed themselves over a man who was two-timing the both of them.  I give this much <squeezes thumb and forefinger tightly together> of an edge to the one he was married to and had children with. 

Unless he was fucking a third party, he wasn't two-timing either of them.

And the sainted mother of his children gets no edge once she strays as far afield from the marriage bed as he does. 

14

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Clue: The direction Carole's boobs point

Team mate got the answer in one second

 

OMG! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

6

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Makes me feel bad for Jill, who obviously he considered seriously enough attached to not to divorce even though they were seeing other people. 

Jill and he were still together throughout his back surgery/initial recovery, so I wonder if his addiction drove her to separate? (She'd be full of all kinds of regret, imo,  if the break-up came from his substance abuse, not a mutual decision to divorce). 

I'm sure Bethenny feels the loss as well. It's just that (as you say) they were in an on again/off again situation (to the degree she announced on the show she was ghosting him for ninety days -- maybe due to his addiction?? Hard but smart choice, if so). And (mileage varies, clearly) but losing a complicated relationship with a relatively new guy (to his death) versus losing your long-married husband, brings very different kinds of grief, imo. 

Dennis' wife lost a lifetime of memories, and the only other person who would ever be as invested in their kids as much as she was -- the only other person who had the same memories of their conception and birth and first day of school and graduation from college -- whereas Bethenny lost a future she might have had with Dennis. Both hurt, but (to me) losing the father of your kids is a more fraught and tangled grief than losing a boyfriend of two years, however much you loved him. 

If nothing else, as the mother of his now fatherless kids, Shields has to step up and handle their grief,  as well as her own.

The one similarity I see (sadly) in Jill and Bethenny is that they both seemed to be trying to cope with his addiction, even while dating other men/remaining very connected to Dennis -- and if (as was hinted at) he was in and out of rehab more than once, what a hellish path they walked with him.

Edited by film noire.
12

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now