S01.E04: Knife to a Gunfight 2014.10.23

Episode Description

Tedward is concerned for Rebecca’s safety after a convict who’s case she tried is released. She contemplates getting a gun and handles the case of a dim and unaware thief.

Share Post

4 episodes in -- still not funny, though Tedward the bailiff is good.

I just don't believe that judges get this involved in every case that comes across their desk -- tends to take away from the impartiality they are supposed to exhibit.

And the Super Big Gulp cup and giant red headphones need to go.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

Keeps getting better. I laughed a lot during this episode. "His grandma wife is going to be pissed." - Ha!

Love Rebecca and Tedward's friendship. Loved Judy invading Rebecca's house at the end.

Share Post

The only funny part for me was Gary asleep on the couch with his Swiffer with a knife taped to it.

Other than that, Tedward is the only thing about this show in general I like.

Share Post

I just don't believe that judges get this involved in every case that comes across their desk -- tends to take away from the impartiality they are supposed to exhibit.

Who says she doesn't have other cases we're not seeing?

Share Post

4 episodes in -- still not funny, though Tedward the bailiff is good.

Keeps getting better. I laughed a lot during this episode. "His grandma wife is going to be pissed." - Ha!

I'm in the middle between these two extremes reactionwise.  

I think the show is reasonably consistent.  It's not getting worse or better, but it's not dreadful either. I've been finding a moderate amount of humor in each episode, and I do think the execution isn't horrid overall.  

I don't think there's any burden to prove "that judges get this involved in every case", because of course she's not every judge--she's a malcontent, and that's the whole notion here.  It's impossible that a malcontent would even HAVE her job, of course, but that's the big conceit we have to let go for the show at all. Once you do, her being this unprofessional with her cases is just part and parcel of it.  It's an outrageous show, not a realistic one, and the quality of the jokes, while not really stellar, are hit and miss enough that I'm not disgusted by the whole thing.  Yet.  That could change if the show continues to be at the same medium level and not age into better writing.

Share Post

I loved the fact that she broke out a cross bow and waxed on about her childhood while holding it. That is an expensive hunting crossbow.

Share Post