S03.E08: Nobody Pays Retail 2014.10.22

A woman gets free clothing by reading obituaries and procuring the deceased's belongings from surviving relatives.

Share Post

I am definitely watching. I can't look away.

The man whose mother died, he was close to tears. I felt so bad for him. Yet that woman persisted and the camera man was there . . . I am actually really surprised he consented to TLC airing his appearance.

Man, she was relentless at the clothing-by-the-pound store. Wonder how many times a store has banned her for bad behavior.

Share Post

I have no words for how disrespectful it is to troll the obituaries and go askiing famiky members to give her their deceased loved ones clothing!!

Share Post

"Funeral Tracking"?  "Bone Picking" is more like it.  I can't believe (1) that this is for real and (2) if it is, that someone hasn't punched her lights out.

I recorded this ep because the vulture, er, "estate settling assistant", was shown on the Soup.  Deleted it when the first commercial came on.

Edited by Lone Wolf.

Share Post

Her behavior was pretty disgusting in my opinion.

Since I had nothing else better to do I did watch her episode. I thought what she did was disgusting as well. Shame on her for taking clothes from strangers dead relatives who are grieving

Share Post

When your providing a "service" I'll call you if I need/want you... If you come to my house soliciting that service, There is no way In hell I would let you in.

When people are mourning... Generally they are not ready to just give away belongings days after the person has died, that is rude and distasteful to not only stalk these poor people but be so persistant... Although I don't agree on any level, at least just ask once and if the person declines back down, don't push the issue.

Edited by leighroda.

Share Post

So even though I was the last to comment back in December, and this is a pretty dead thread, it's a little ironic to read what I wrote then. I had no idea when I wrote that, that my mom had cancer, she passed away in February. We recently got her house cleaned out and put it on the market (my siblings and I live in Florida, and her house is in Texas so it was a little bit of a process) but in the process of doing the probate the lawyer has to put out notice that we are in the probate process, so that if she had any outstanding debts they would be collected before her estate is distributed. Well low and behold all sorts of people are coming out of the woodwork to offer their services to take our moms house off our hands at a discount so we "don't have to worry about it" it's incredibly insulting, that people think it's acceptable to profit from our loss and gives me more perspective of how incredibly rude this girl was being by actually going to the door days/weeks after these people pass away. These people are contacting us through our lawyer, I'm fairly confidant of she had come to my door I would have had a string of not-so-polite 4 letter words for her and her "service".

Share Post

Super tacky and disrespectful when you look at it.

Share Post