Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

Yep, cats. Snip has decided that she now wants Lily's sleeping spot on my bed, next to the pillows on the alarm clock side.  So Lily is now sleeping in the living room, and I'm getting whacked in the nose (with claws) when the alarm goes off in the morning.

Share Post

On 1/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, DeLurker said:

My daughter’s friend’s dog needs his nails trimmed, but he gets so stressed the groomers have said they can’t do it.  The vet’s office has tried but due to the dog’s extreme anxiety, they said they could do it on a future visit but they would need to put him under anesthesia first.

Does this sound normal?  My dog’s have always worn down their nails by walks, although the vet tech’s take care of Kook’s dew claws since they are pretty substantial.

Anesthesia seems extreme.

That’s my dog. And yes, it’s true. I asked earlier at some point in this thread if they knew of a help but no one did. It’s horrible.

Knoxie goes and has gone on long walks and they just won’t wear them down. I’ve scoured the Internet like you wouldn’t believe. 

I can also give PSA.  I went to brunch one Sunday and I still get a Christmas stocking as an adult and the goods were on a table in a bag (!) and we determined Knoxie had eaten 15 plus mini Reese cups, 10 Hershey kiss, and maybe 20 other bite size- all milk chocolate upon return. 

Well- as you can imagine that scared me. They asked how much, when, what kind. I told them and they were like can you get here in 30 minutes and time matters. Whole thing was insane. They have an IV which forces them to puke and she apparently puked a ton of chocolate and foil wrappers. Whole thing cost me 118 which I felt was a bargain as they treated her as “get her here  now”. 

What I learned is bakers or unsweetened chocolate is no joke. Semi sweet should also be taken seriously.   And size of dog matters.  I probably would have been ok not taking her but consider scarred but smarter. 

Edited by KnoxForPres.

Share Post

On 1/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, DeLurker said:

My daughter’s friend’s dog needs his nails trimmed, but he gets so stressed the groomers have said they can’t do it.  The vet’s office has tried but due to the dog’s extreme anxiety, they said they could do it on a future visit but they would need to put him under anesthesia first.

Does this sound normal?  My dog’s have always worn down their nails by walks, although the vet tech’s take care of Kook’s dew claws since they are pretty substantial.

Anesthesia seems extreme.

I haven't been here much since the format change but had extra time to mosey through it tonight.  I have 3 dogs, 2 never need their nails clipped, the other every daggoned  month.  And of course he's the one that I can't do myself.  Pet Smart groomers with nail grinders has had the best luck with him.....he likes the open area rather than the small room of the vets office.

Share Post