Nicknames/Catchphrases/etc.: Bullets of Love

This is to help explain/clarify our wonderful GH language.

Patrick Drake & Robin Scorpio-Drake: Scrubs

Robin Scorpio & Jason Morgan: JnR 1, JnR 2

RF!S: Robert Fucking Scorpio

Robert Scorpio & Anna Devane: R&A

Jason Morgan: St. Jasus, Borg

Carly Corinthos Jax: Snarly, Slagbeast, Ghetto Carly (Tamara Braun)

Sonny Corinthos, Jason Morgan, Carly Jax: UnHoly Trinity

Micheal Corintos III: MyKill, SLS (Stupid Little Shit)

TFGH: Typical Fucking General Hospital

UCG: Unintentional Comedy Gold

Patrick Drake & Sabrina Santiago: Purina, Patrina

Sabrina Santiago: Pwitty Pwincess, Disney Princess

SWSNBN: She who shall not be named (Courtney Mathews Morgan)

Bullet of love: references the time that Sonny Corinthos shot his wife Carly in the head while she gave birth to their son, Morgan.

Put/Stick the baby in a tree: References the time when Robin Scorpio Drake, wrapped her baby daughter Emma up in a blanket & placed her in a tree in the woods

This is a start

Edited by BestestAuntEver.

Share Post

moment of silence for courtney matthews. :( i'm one of the few people who liked her.

thanks for this thread cuz sometimes i have no idea what y'all talking about lol.

Share Post

This is to help explain/clarify our wonderful GH language.

Carly Corinthos Jax: Snarly, Slagbeast, Ghetto Carly (Tamara Braun)

Don't forget that she's also called "hosebeast", "hefeirous slagbeast", "Succubeast" and "succubus."

And midget moobster for Sonny.

It might be a good idea to also list the mashup names for couples here?

Share Post

NULOCH-No Upper Limit On Carly Hate (used for other characters, but most commonly for Carly)

Share Post

The Barge where people who have had enough of the writing take a break from watching.

Share Post

Yes, the barge that's currently docked off the coast of Bolivia, that can be reached within moments from anywhere via any number of wormholes (like the one that gets you from Cassadine Island in Greece to Spoon Island in Port Charles).

Share Post

Elizabeth Webber & Lucky Spencer:LL2

Liz Webber & Jason Morgan: Liason

Liz Webber & Ric Lansing: LiRic 

Liz Webber & Nikolas Cassadine: Niz 

Nikolas Cassadine & Emily Quartermaine: Nem 

Nikolas Cassadine & Britt Westbourne: Brik

Frisco & Felicia Jones: F&F

Felicia Jones & Luke Spencer: Fluke

Jason Morgan & Courtney Mathews Morgan: Journey 

Jason Morgan & Sam McCall Morgan: Jasam

Alexis Davis & Julian Jerome: Julexis

Maxie Jones & Damien Spinelli: Spixie

Sonny Corinthos & Emily Quartermaine: Soily

Sam Morgan & Silas Clay: Siam, SiAmbien

KiKi Jerome: Kaka

Wrap it up & stick in a tree: Another reference to the time when Robin Scorpio Drake, wrapped her baby daughter Emma up in a blanket & placed her in a tree in the woods

Yes,Coast of Boliva. Coast of Bolivia is used to reference the time GH gave Bolivia(which at the time did not have one) a non existant coast for a storyline.

SORAS: Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome

Share Post

Clink-Boom, car bombs either set against Sonny or ones that Sonny orders.

Share Post

Could we also label abbreviations for actor names like

KMc - Kimberly McColluch

Kemo - Kelly Monaco

KT - Kelly Thiebald

PS - Perry Shen

ReH- Rebecca Herbst

RiH - Rick Hearst

LW - Laura Wright

CD - Chad Duell

Share Post

Is Gummi Bear Mafia still used for Sonny's Org?

I suggest adding Johnny Randomly Knowing Stuff, just because that should never be forgotten about.

ReH- Rebecca Herbst

RiH - Rick Hearst

RoHo- Roger Howarth.  Too many RH's on this show!

Share Post

I think most actually use BH for Becky Herbst. I haven't seen anything besides that.

Share Post

Please someone archive and re-post the Johnny Knows Stuff posts before it's too late. I guess it should be me since at least half of 'em are mine. But I have a banged-up hand!

Edited by jsbt.

Share Post

am I correct in assuming TIIC stands for The Idiots In Charge?

Edited by Patssy Stoned.

Share Post

am I correct in assuming TIIC stands for The Idiots In Charge?

Yes

I've also seen Rick Hearst as RHe.

BSC: Bat Shit Crazy

TPTB: The Powers That Be

Kristen Storm (Maxie): KSt

Kelly Sullivan (Connie/Kate): KSu

Megan Ward: MW

Ron Carlivati: RC, Re-Ron, Hack

Frank Valentini: FV

Cartini: a combination of RC's & FV's name.

Sarah Joy Brown (Carly): SJB, SBr, Original Recipe Carly

Steve Burton (Jason Quartermaine Morgan): SB, SBu

Jane Elliot (Tracy Quartermaine): JE

Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer): AG

Share Post

Backing up the AJ Quartermaine Express - getting ready for a mostly good or shades of grey character to become the most evil that ever did evil and have their character totally assassinated.  

Edited by sashabear21.

Share Post

Aw I wasn't even watching GH when I learned about the term AJ Express. Hadn't even experienced AJ once.  It was during the AMC Babyswitch, so many people were talking about how JR was being run over by it left and right that I finally questioned just what that was in reference too.  Funny that JR's son ended up going by AJ.

Poor, poor, AJ, though.

Share Post

Jason Post Accident: Jason Quarterbrain Morgan.

Ric & Sam = Sic, Ram

Brad & Lucas = Brucas, CoJones

Ned & Alexis = Nexis

Share Post

Golden/Sparkly Hoo-Ha of Doom = Carly's vagina that instantly destroys all male characters unfortunate enough to enter it

Share Post

Summer Of Sleaze - I think it's about the Liason and JaSam triangle...Am I right ?

Kind of. I think the Summer of Sleaze kicked off with Lucky sleeping with his drug pusher, Maxie, and Sam sleeping with her stepfather, Ric, and then turned into the Liason/JaSam stuff. 

Share Post

Clink-Boom refers specifically to the Brenda and Jax toasting their elopement/marriage (clink) at the same moment that Sonny, happy after a night of celebrating his wife Lily's pregnancy, sees her killed by a car bomb meant for him (boom).

Edited by alicemorgan.

Share Post

My favorites

Sonny and Alexis - Sexis

Zander and Emily - Zem

Jason Morgan and Brenda Barrett - Brazen

Zander and Liz - Ziz?

Share Post

Has the Army of Hotness been completely forgotten?

There used to be a third love thing that went with bullet/tree, but I can't remember what it was. 

Share Post

Might as well add crypt sex because it will probably be referred to for as long as GH lasts.

Crypt sex= Sonny and Ava had sex in the Quatermaine family crypt.

Share Post

YMMV: your mileage may vary -- acknowledgement that others may have equally strong opinions that are in direct opposition to yours

(This was the abbreviation that was the hardest for me to figure out when I first started reading the boards, which is why I added it here)

Share Post

FonDuke: Both a storyline and a character reveal -- Villain extrordinaire Cesar Faison, desperate to win the love of Anna Devane, with whom he was (is?) obsessed, masqueraded as the love of her life, Duke Lavery. His true identity was revealed when his latex Duke mask was melted by the hot fondue that Robert Scorpio threw on his face.

Share Post

Dock!!!!- FonDuke shot then kicked Jasus in the harbor. Aka, Dock and Roll.

Rock- Carly hit her head on a rock. It was awesome.

CAKE!!!!- Connie was plotting evil stuff against Sonny, while dressing like Sandy at the end of Grease and being as horny as an alley cat, she held him a bday party at Metro Court, which resulted in Connie stabbing a beautiful chocolate cake. Cake will never be forgotten, not just for it's chocolaty center, but because it was hilarious when Connie freaking stabbed it AND everyone was mortified upon seeing cake like it was a dead body.

Joss is corn- the kid playing her once looked like a children of the corn and then dressed up as corn like every Halloween. As someone else said, water is wet, Joss is corn.

Johnny's goons know all- Johnny was in a feud with Todd Manning over the Carly hoo ha and Todd discovered that Johnny accidentally killed his granddaughter and said kid's father and was going to bust his ass. Johnny revealed that his goons saw Todd and Heather switch Sam's live baby with Tea's dead one. Like why were they in the woods in a storm at night? They saw other things too, I believe

Kannie- Connie was actually Kate something, fashion diva, but was really Connie from the block. She dated Sonny before dating Sonny was required. She said she changed her identity to escape Bensonhurst, but really had DID. One of the alters was Connie, but really Connie was the main personality.

Edited by Grrpants09.

Share Post

I'm still confused about that Connie/Kate crap. So Connie was the original personality and then she turned into Kate after she was raped? She told people she became Kate after she left town to start over but that was really her alternate personality? If she developed DID before she left town how did on one notice that something was wrong with her?

Share Post

The same way no one noticed she got pregnant with Trey the drawer baby, except Joe Jr knew and said he didn't rape her...plus past allusions to her um being popular with boys have always made me wonder.

Trey is drawer baby because Kannie hid her pregnancy and abandoned him in a drawer at a boarding house, where Joe Jr scooped him up and raised him and was a better father than Sonny. Kannie was about as good a mother as Sonny since she actually did kill Trey during the New Years Eve Massacre. We also lost Johnny. Sad face.

Share Post

Point of order:

I thought references to Anthony Geary used the initials TG - for Tony Geary - back in the old boards.....?

Share Post

Since Jake was killed for the sake of a Jasam baby, there is no more Cake for Liz's kids.

Share Post

Since Jake was killed for the sake of a Jasam baby, there is no more Cake for Liz's kids.

Oh, but Jake was killed for more than a JaSam baby, Lillybee. I mean, yes it proved that those two fools should totally have a baby, because it turns out the mob isn't dangerous for kids at all! Open doors are way more dangerous than flying bullets and revenge-obsessed career criminals!

No, it also spat on the memory of the most heartbreaking dead-kid story ever, and made Luke even more despicable, and marginalized Elizabeth some more, and proved that Jason's pain is deeper than anyone else's (again, some more) and created a shitty car accident "mystery," because we clearly can't have too many of those and the inevitable Joss/Jake/Emma triangle could have been awesome (though given a certain current storyline maybe we should count our blessings) and ARRGH I HATED THAT STORY SO MUCH.

Edited by Melgaypet.

Share Post

That brings me to.....Jason's box of pain. I never got it, but it's hilarious. I missed the early Borg days. Sorry, OLTL, dude.

Share Post

If memory serves, Jason's box of pain was literal--a small box of various pictures and such he pulled out of a closet (?) and brooded with on at least one occasion.  I don't remember what caused the brooding in the first place, though.

And I'm going to explain tick-tock: the general rule that one good soap pregnancy (tick) is followed by a bad one (tock).  GH has messed with this in the past couple of years, but it typically balances out.

Share Post

If memory serves, Jason's box of pain was literal--a small box of various pictures and such he pulled out of a closet (?) and brooded with on at least one occasion.  I don't remember what caused the brooding in the first place, though.

And I'm going to explain tick-tock: the general rule that one good soap pregnancy (tick) is followed by a bad one (tock).  GH has messed with this in the past couple of years, but it typically balances out.

I don't know what else, but there were things of his son's Jake's in the box o pain:  pictures, sonograms, etc.

Share Post

Point of order:

I thought references to Anthony Geary used the initials TG - for Tony Geary - back in the old boards.....?

You know with soaps nothing is ever simple. I've seen both set of initials used. Anthony Geary = AG or TG.

I want to further clarify the creepiness of Crypt Sex. It was when Sonny slept with his youngest son's girlfriend, moments after the funeral & on the crypt of his adoptive son's father while cheating on his oldest son's mother.

PS: Parry Shen- Brad

MS:Micheal Samual- Felix

Ryan Carnes- Lucas: I've seen RCa & RyCa

Share Post

Let's not forget Nik yelling, 'No SERVICE!' the night of the Hotel fire that let Copkilla (Courtney) inherit a million jillion dollars cause she supposedly saved some old ladies' dog.

Courtney was Copkilla because she shot Brian - a cop - in the back to protect St. Jasus but never paid for it - not for one second. She also rolled her eyes a lot - hence 'insert copkilla eye roll here'. 

'With nary a shower in between' - could refer to Original Carly sleeping with AJ and Tony with no shower in between or Sam who slept with both Sonny and Jax with no shower in between. 

St Jasus' Box o' Pain resided on the top shelf of his closet filled entirely with black leather jackets if I remember correctly. 

'Dead to Me' 'Throws Barware' - Sonny went through a phase where everyone BETRAYED him and he responded by throwing barware and yelling that they were 'dead to him.'

Edited by soapfaninnc.

Share Post

I'm still confused about that Connie/Kate crap. So Connie was the original personality and then she turned into Kate after she was raped? She told people she became Kate after she left town to start over but that was really her alternate personality? If she developed DID before she left town how did on one notice that something was wrong with her?

Connie Falconeri was her birth name. She changed her name and backstory to Katherine (Kate) Hardwick Howard from Connecticut when she went to Princeton, to hide the shameful fact that she was an Italian-American from Bensonhurst.

The DID crap was a retcon that happened after Megan Ward left the role and Kelly Sullivan took over. Kate became the alter, even though originally it was just Connie reinventing herself.

MW's Kate had world peace–bringing hair. KS's Kate didn't. Ron Carlivati had written a DID story on OLTL and as is his wont, recycled that bit of WTFery here. 

Cartini—Ron Carlivati, head writer; Frank Valentini, executive producer.

Share Post

Larry- when Greg Vaughn played Lucky and he turned into the most un-Lucky character ever.

On the barge- when you can't deal with the show and take a break from it

Mykill- when Michael was a wee lad he was a straight up psycho that killed his own father until he didn't, got shot in the head, became angry Mykill, and then he literally chopped his step mother in half with an axe.

Edited by pele2102.

Share Post

Larry- when Greg Vaughn played Lucky and he turned into the most un-Lucky character ever.

I loathed his Lucky and I have no idea how they didn't bust up laughing every time Lucky yelled at someone. It was just so bad. 

Share Post

The = die in German therfore the, Sonny, the = die, Sonny, die. A beautiful statement.

This just got explained over in the Sonny 'Appreciation' Thread. I did not know before now!

Share Post

I believe that it was stolen from something on The Simpsons.

Share Post

It was stolen from The Simpsons.  I believe when Sideshow Bob was up for parole, the parole board noticed that he had a tattoo that read "Die, Bart, Die".  Sideshow Bob said "Die" is "The" in German, so it really read "The, Bart, The".  I don't know if "die" is "the" in German, but he meant "die" (when I try to kill you again), & not "the".

Edited by OnceSane.

Share Post