S01.E02: Meteor Shower 2014.10.09

Episode Description:

Rebecca tries to clear her head with some alone time after realising she's not ready to move forward from Gary. A mishap with her vehicle makes her realise the importance of her relationship with Tedward.

This can't be said enough -- this show is not funny.  Seriously, that was just awful.

Kate Walsh deserves something so much better than this dreck.

Share Post

I laughed some and cringed some. This show has its moments and has potential, but it needs to find its footing and some direction. I really did love the ending. Thank goodness that ugly van is gone. There needs to be some balance to all the wacky. Otherwise, it is just too much.

Share Post

I like the show, and laugh a lot. While maybe it's possible a judge could do all she does in court(doubtful) ultimately if the judge is an elected official, she'd be ousted. That's where they lose me.

For my house right now, the bailiff is the highlight of every episode.

Share Post

This can't be said enough -- this show is not funny.  Seriously, that was just awful.

Kate Walsh deserves something so much better than this dreck

I totally agree with the first part and totally disagree with the second part.

I gave it a shot, but I tapped out after she flipped off the paparazzi, and its just chalked up as "oh that wacky Bad Judge".  I don't think so. You know a show is bad when I would rather endure Scandal.

Share Post

I tried.  I'm out.  This show is not. funny.  I hope the guy who plays the bailiff can find some work when this show tanks.

Share Post

Did anyone catch the line about the van and Hillary Clinton?

Missed it the both times I saw this episode!

Edited by springtime.

Share Post

@springtime

Did anyone catch the line about the van and Hillary Clinton?

Missed it the both times I saw this episode!

She said she used the van to campaign for Hillary Clinton, until she asked to her to stop which she understood. 

@reggiejax

I gave it a shot, but I tapped out after she flipped off the paparazzi, and its just chalked up as "oh that wacky Bad Judge".

Yeah, it's bad. What's really disengaging for me is they haven't explained in any way why she is so wacky and bad. Has she always been like this? Then how did she ever become a judge? A little context here and there would have been helpful. Or I think the show is so bad this is the only thing I can focus on. 

@Ohwell

I hope the guy who plays the bailiff can find some work when this show tanks.

I liked him too and was rooting for Ryan Hansen too. As your handle says, oh well. 

Share Post

For my house right now, the bailiff is the highlight of every episode.

I look forward to seeing him on his next show. 

Share Post

The more over the top the show goes, the more I'm actually somehow magically okay with it.

Nobody need think this is even slightly realistic.  It doesn't need to be.

Is the show terrible?  Sure.  But it's head and shoulders over something like The Mysteries of Laura, which has pretensions of being pseudo-serious.  

Share Post

I like the show.  I don't know what it says about me but I do.

The bailiff was on Whitney before this.  I liked that show too. I was legitimately sad when it was cancelled.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay.

Share Post

I liked him too and was rooting for Ryan Hansen too. As your handle says, oh well.

Blaze just needs to stay away from shows with bad in the title.

I'm more impressed with how middle of the road that this show is. It's not horrible and it's not good either, it's just there. It ticks off all of the comedy checkmarks and does little to shock one way or the other. Which is unfortunate for a show with bad in the title.

Share Post

......I loved her table fireplace & actually her whole house. When I win the lottery, it shall be mine!

I keep this on while I do other things. It's inoffensive...

Share Post

This can't be said enough -- this show is not funny.  Seriously, that was just awful.

Agreed. It's not even that the Kate Walsh character is not funny or we're supposed to find her "quirkiness" amusing. What lost me in this episode was that she got high and then called the police and 911 because she was tripping. Given how they've been setting up the character, there's no way it was the first time she got high, so that part was ridiculous, and really, only happened so she could score some fireman beefcake.

And I'm tired of these workplace comedies where boss and underling are "besties." When her car breaks down, she doesn't think to call AAA or some other roadside service? No, she calls her bailiff who not only picks her up but offers her words of wisdom.

That being said, when the van was destroyed, I laughed. Although, would a tanker truck have kept going after destroying a van? Isn't that, oh I don't know, illegal?

Share Post

Nobody need think this is even slightly realistic.  It doesn't need to be.

I agree it does not need to be. If it were a farce where the Bad Judge was unleashed on a show universe that was as wacky as her, this might be enjoyable. It worked brilliantly for Night Court. But TPTB would rather present her as a maverick in a universe much like our own. Not to mention that it also wants us to see her as brilliant despite not being shown anything that justifies such a description. And it also wants to tug at our heartstrings with her romantic troubles and with her relationship with that kid. And lets not forget all the lessons it wants to impart with the case of the week.

I agree, this would work better if we didn't take it seriously. And it would be easier for us to do so if the show cut out all elements that practically beg for us to do so.

Edited by reggiejax.

Share Post

That being said, when the van was destroyed, I laughed. Although, would a tanker truck have kept going after destroying a van? Isn't that, oh I don't know, illegal?

Yes, but if the driver was operating illegally (e.g. DUI or suspended license), he might panic and choose to keep going.

Share Post

I didn't realize the show was begging me to take it seriously. I think it's a madcap adventure show, kind of a white collar wish fulfillment fantasy for those who want to be badass and rebellious while still pulling in the paycheck of an upper middle clean hands job..

Does anyone remember the show "The Good Guys"? It was about two cops who caused mayhem while solving cases. This is like that, in that it's not the least bit realistic, but it's fun.

Share Post