The Host And Judges: Trying To Scare Up A Winner

Am I the only one who cringes every time Justin says TEEEEEEEEEEEEAMS? So grating.

Share Post

Honestly how does that host keep on getting work? He's TERRIBLE!

Share Post

I saw some of these episodes over the last week or two, and I have to agree that I have no idea how this host is employed.  1) He looks like he is 15 years old; 2) he's just all around terrible at what he does.  I am amazed that he is the host of Cupcake Wars and a bunch of other things.

Kind of reminds me of the host of that old Nickelodeon kids' game show where the teams collected prizes from this big house with lots of fun obstacles.  That host looked like he was 12, had floppy red hair, and showed up on seemingly everything.  He was a puzzlement to me as well as to how he got employed.

Share Post

Yay!! The season starts next Sunday! Looks like Jonathan Bennett will be the host. I prefer Justin but am getting used to Jonathan and his supreme wackiness on Cake Wars. I hope the level of competition is able to at least get close to the early seasons. I found last season to be a bit disappointing. Also, I am the type who hates spoilers so have to avert my eyes when a trailer comes on since they show so many of the finished creations.

Share Post

Official Post

Episode threads have been created for the new season and will open as the episodes air...  

Happy 20,000 calorie Halloween!

Share Post

I didn't mind Jonathon at first, but he has increasingly become more frenzied and wacky.  His antics have become such a big turn off for me that I hardly watch Cake Wars any more.  I am really hoping he cools it down somewhat because I love Halloween Wars and look forward to it every year.  I guess I could at least mute it or fast forward when he is on.

Share Post

I'm kind of sorry Rossi Morreale isn't back as host.  I liked him last season.  Justin was good, too, IMO.  I always thought he was goofy but comfortable in his goofiness.  I agree with @caci that Jonathan can be a bit frenetic, and I hope he tones it down a bit.  

Share Post

My DVR, which is probably wrong, shows episode 2 of this season as Most Monstrous Scares and it is a recap of the most amazing, trickiest and most monstrous designs of all time on HW. And wow, they were. This recap just reminds me of why I got hooked on this show in the first place. I still like the show very much, but the quality of designs and detail in recent years is zilch compared to past years. Try to catch the rerun of it if you can, especially if you are a fairly recent fan of the show. 

Share Post

This recap just reminds me of why I got hooked on this show in the first place. I still like the show very much, but the quality of designs and detail in recent years is zilch compared to past years.

I love this show but I agree that the quality of the work has decreased.  I was reminded why when I saw the clips of people like Ray Villafane, Karen Portaleo, Richard Ruskell and Vinny Garcia.  It's like they "used up" the best people in the early seasons.  

Share Post

JB was awesome to work with to be honest. I thought he was a real cool dude that was good at what he did, though I can see why the lightheartedness would put some people off who preferred a more somber Halloween vibe.

As far as judges go, can ANYBODY be a more appropriate judge than Elvira Mistress of the Dark?

Nobody has nicer legs, that's for sure. I mean I hate to make it seem like that's the most interesting thing there is about Cassandra Peterson because it's so not, but she is a preternaturally attractive woman. The camera does NOT do her justice. 

Share Post