The Judges: Ronald McDonald, Coyote Ugly Guy, Horny Old Lady, and Kym

Kym, I know, and Todd, I know (his reputation as Australia's answer to the worst of Len Goodman and Craig Revel Horwood combined is known even in the States), and I know Helen as the "dirty old lady," but who's Adam?  He's cute, and he seems to know a thing or two about dancing, but what's his background?

And is it just me, or has Kym's native accent come back in full force now that she's back at home?

Share Post

I say Len Goodman has nothing on Todd McKenney. Len can be a cranky old man when he wants to be (especially when dancers break the basic rules of a particular dance (ie breaking hold in the Quickstep)), but Todd can be down right nasty and mean when he wants to be. He is more the Simon Cowell of the DWTS world.

Share Post

Apparently, you've never seen his Australian compatriot Craig Revel Horwood in action on Strictly Come Dancing.(the British parent show). Craig makes Todd and Len look like Mother Teresa when it comes to critiquing the dances.

Share Post

Yes you are correct, I have never seen 'Strictly Come Dancing' but now I have to YouTube some of Craig's critiques.

I have always found it interesting that meanness and nastiness in reality television judging in the UK has always been looked on more favourably where as in Australia it will go down like a lead balloon no matter how much the contestant deserves it or will learn from it.

Share Post

Apparently, you've never seen his Australian compatriot Craig Revel Horwood in action on Strictly Come Dancing.(the British parent show). Craig makes Todd and Len look like Mother Teresa when it comes to critiquing the dances.

Yes, it's interesting that Len is the "nice" judge on that panel (even Bruno is meaner than him often).

Share Post

The Sydney Olympics?  How was he involved in that?

He was the lead dancer for the tap-dancing section in the Opening Ceremony (which the link directs to).

Share Post

Yes, it's interesting that Len is the "nice" judge on that panel (even Bruno is meaner than him often).

Speaking of Bruno, he's back as a guest judge this series (lucky Australia!).

Share Post

I have to say, Kym really impresses me as a judge.  She's like the Australian Paula Abdul, except that Kym actually knows what she's talking about and doesn't come across as out of it the way Paula always did on American Idol.  I love, in fact, how all four of the judges (including Bruno) put emphasis on the technical aspects of the dances compared to the US version.

Share Post

I'm curious as to what Australians think of Bruno.  I'm finding him to be not nearly as annoying in Australia as he is in the US and the UK.  I think Kym must have a tranquilizing effect on him, as he's not as all over the place as he is on the other versions, and he seems to be more focused on the actual technique.  From what I've seen on Twitter, the Australians love seeing him and Kym together.

Share Post