Key & Peele in the Media

I know this is short notice, but they're being interviewed tonight by Patton Oswalt at the Paley Center. Here's a link to the live stream which is supposed to start at 8:20 PT, 11:20 ET. 

Share Post

So I'm watching the US play Belgium in the World Cup, and I was thinking that the amazing goalkeeper reminded me of Key. Later I'm going thru my Twitter feed, and find this.

Edited by peeayebee.

Share Post

Yes it's Key. I had a little brain fart. I changed it.

The Peele segment of tonight's Drunk History was online, so I watched it already. I just couldn't wait. It's excellent. 

Share Post

Is there any news on a premier date, yet?  I haven't been able to find anything.

Share Post

Thank you!   

I would so love it if at some point, we got a Luther sketch with Pres. Obama playing himself. 

Share Post

Here's a little summary of their presentation at the Creative Arts Emmys:

Before announcing wins in various sound mixing categories, Key And Peele’s Keegan-Michael Key and Jordon Peele began with one of their trademark cross-talk acts – this time, Key waxed eloquent about the power of television to inspire, singing out Saturday Night Live and Eddie Murphy for inspiring his own career, while Peele complained they aren’t being paid a nickel and the producers sent an Uber car to pick them up, whose driver is “a hipster from Silver Lake” who “asked me for a five-star rating,” adding, “I’m doing his podcast on Thursday.”

Share Post

A profile of K&P was on CBS Sunday Morning today. Here it is, and here is a web extra.

I can hardly wait for the show's return.

Share Post

That there's a preview make me so happy! It means we're near the new season.  New K&P, yay!

Share Post

I just burst out laughing while watching this preview...no other show can do that for me.  Hooray - new season!

Share Post

Thanks for the heads up. I recorded it and just watched. They showed some clips -- the first Luther sketch, the valets, the slave auction, Obama greeting whites and blacks -- but generally it was a pretty straightforward interview, not a lot of cutting up. I liked it.

BTW, the other day I rewatched Weird Al's White & Nerdy, and Key & Peele are in it. I didn't know that.

Share Post

I actually didn't think the jokes were all that funny until the end. But I think that was the point. It was all set up for the end. It's a good bit. I wonder if it was Obama's idea to do it like that, or if he came up with the speech and then K&P worked the jokes around it.

Share Post

I'm sure the WHCD people were pretty confounded by this sketch, but love seeing Obama getting to show his genuine ire about climate change and snow ball bullshit - something any resonable person should legitimately be mad about. Not sure about the "crazy" wrap up since people not in on the joke would dismiss the point being made. Key acquitted himself very well, I thought, considering people in the audience were literally shown scratching their head.

Share Post

This is brilliant. K&P at their best: smart, hilarious and tragic at the same time. I hope this is indicative of what's to come this season. Most of last season made me worry that they were losing the magic.

Share Post

Fantastic. Yes, I agree LADreamr. I hope this is a just a taste of what the new season will be like.

Share Post

This is brilliant. K&P at their best: smart, hilarious and tragic at the same time. I hope this is indicative of what's to come this season.

Fantastic. Yes, I agree LADreamr. I hope this is a just a taste of what the new season will be like.

I wonder if K & P wrote the song themselves, or if it was their entire writing staff. The lyrics were amazing. The dancers in the video were great, too.

Share Post

Me too. He's brilliant and I'm so happy to see the recognition and exposure he's getting.

Share Post

I'm confused...I thought the new season starts in September.  Has it already begun (and I'm missed an episode or two)?

Share Post

I'm confused...I thought the new season starts in September.  Has it already begun (and I'm missed an episode or two)?

Nope, it started back on July 8. I know that Drunk History isn't coming back until September, maybe you saw an article that discussed both and missed the Key & Peele date?

Share Post

Thanks, stacey.  Looks like I've missed 2 episodes - will have to remember to watch this Wednesday night.  I've been looking at videos that I think are from the new season and it's good to see that K&P are back to their wacko humor.  Whenever Jordan Peele, in character, rolls his eyes back I start laughing because I know something bizarre is on its way.  He really cracks me up.

Share Post

They've been repeating the episodes several times a week on Comedy Central, so maybe you can catch up with the full episodes that way. They're too good to miss!

Share Post

Not a surprise - this is the final season for the show. I'm sad, but understand, their careers are hopping outside of the show right now...3

Comedian Keegan-Michael Key, co-creator and co-star of the sketch comedy series Key & Peele, says Season 5 of his sketch comedy series will be its last, TVLine has confirmed.

“This is our final season — and it’s not because of Comedy Central, it’s us,” he says. “It was just time for us to explore other things, together and apart. I compare it to Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. We might make a movie and then do our own thing for three years and then come back and do another movie.”

Share Post

Not a surprise - this is the final season for the show. I'm sad, but understand, their careers are hopping outside of the show right now...3

What???  Sheesh...I finally find comedians on TV whose skits make me laugh and now they're saying this is their last season together?  IMO, these two need each other to play off of.  Isn't Key the writer?  To me, Peele is the funnier comic actor but if Key's the writer, Peele may end up like Jason Alexander and what's-his-name who played Kramer.  Awwww gee.

Share Post

No, Jordan's the bigger writer between the two, but Keegan's been getting tons of film work. I'll miss them together. I really hope they do continue to work together, if just sporadically.

Share Post

I'm disappointed that the show is ending, but I look forward to their work elsewhere. Heck, they were good in last season's Fargo.

Share Post

I'm just discovering these guys and I like 'em. I've seen the tall one in various things - I think maybe Reno 911 - and I'm glad they are gaining visibility. I think they have a great, fresh talent.

Edited by pasdetrois.

Share Post

I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a trailer. It was like a great K&P sketch, with the promise of more!

The kitten visuals are killing me, especially that do-rag. Hilarious.

Also, best use of George Michael, probably ever.

Share Post

The best thing about that trailer? That's probably not even the best stuff in the film. I can't wait to see this.

Share Post

I saw the ad yesterday and wondered what that was about. It sounds great, but I don't think I'll be able to watch it while watching the Super Bowl itself. Hopefully it will be available after the game.

ETA: I think I changed my mind. I'm going to have my laptop or tablet on the couch with me with my earphones plugged in. I watched all the little clips/promos on the RealTalk site, and this is going to be too funny to miss.

Edited by peeayebee.

Share Post