Small Talk: Tarot Reading Ordinary Folk

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Share Post

Boo, hiss...

I was hoping for some posts in these threads. I'm watching this show for the first time. I'm on season 2, episode 4, and I have a lot of questions...

So sad I'm the only person to post about this show.  :(

Share Post

Aw, yeah, it's a shame! It's one of my favorite shows, I've watched it probably 4-5 times.

Are you enjoying it so far? If you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them :)

Share Post

It's been some time since I watched this show, but it's one of my all time favorite, messed up, creepy things ever! I might be hazy on some of the details but wouldn't at all mind a trip down memory lane...I say, ask away.

Share Post

Thank You so much for replying back. I really do appreciate :)

I'm an enjoying it tremendously. I'm devastated it is only 2 seasons long. Since my original post, I made my Dad start watching it. So now I have someone to bounce ideas off of. I'm almost done, episode 10 right now, so most of my questions have been answered. Nick Stahl and Clancy Brown, along with the rest of the cast, are an awesome assemble of actors, did a fantastic job selling their characters.

side note, I grew up in Southern CA...I use to watch Bree Walker (the lady with the fused 'lobster' hands) host my local news. It was so weird seeing her in this series (especially with that horrible trouch pouch overdone plastic surgery face), but kind of cool, too!

Share Post

I'm an enjoying it tremendously. I'm devastated it is only 2 seasons long. Since my original post, I made my Dad start watching it. So now I have someone to bounce ideas off of. I'm almost done, episode 10 right now, so most of my questions have been answered. Nick Stahl and Clancy Brown, along with the rest of the cast, are an awesome assemble of actors, did a fantastic job selling their characters.

side note, I grew up in Southern CA...I use to watch Bree Walker (the lady with the fused 'lobster' hands) host my local news. It was so weird seeing her in this series (especially with that horrible trouch pouch overdone plastic surgery face), but kind of cool, too!

Replied in the All Episode Discussion thread. This thread is mostly about off-topic chatter :)

Edited by joelene.

Share Post

Hi guys, I just discovered Carnivale a couple of months ago and LOVED it! Glad there are some other fans here. :) I usually come to this site to snark but I can't with this show. The cinematography in the first episode hooked me for two seasons worth of eps. Hopefully more people will become fans since its available on demand.

Share Post

That's awesome! So glad people are still discovering this wonderful show. The cinematography really is so, so stunning. Easily the best looking tv-show I've seen, at least since Game of Thrones began.

Share Post

I think some people thought it was tooooo slooooow but (for instance) that long take of the Carnivale vehicles passing a funeral was something to be emotionally immersed in and savor. And the first episode? WOW.

Also, I have a crush on Tim DeKay. :)

Share Post

Another Carnivale fan here. A confused one, as there were some aspects of the show I never quite figured out. In fact, Carnivale was the reason I originally found TWoP, looking for answers.

If you didn't know, Carnivale (all episodes of both seasons) is available on HBO on Demand on Comcast/Xfinity. I checked the info on a few of the eps and it says they'll be up until 1/1/2016. Anyway this forum got me interested in rewatching (I have the DVDs as well) and I expect I'll be posting a bit as I go through them.

Edited by Quilt Fairy.

Share Post

Sweet! I rewatched the whole thing not long ago so maybe I can answer whatever questions you have (if they're not answered already after all this time). I linked some stuff in the media thread that are good reads too if you haven't checked them out.

Share Post

Hi, all!

I'm another one who originally found TWoP to discuss this show! I just rewatched the whole thing on Amazon (even "Babylon," which I'm pretty sure I swore in '03 I would never do—I've just pretended it's not in the DVDs somehow) and got sucked in all over again.

Share Post

Babylon... *shudder* So creepy. And then the visit ends with ghost Dora Mae in the window being taking away and it's just the most heartbreaking thing you've ever seen.

Share Post

Every time I hear about some long gone show being revived I immediately renew my hope that Carnivàle eventually comes back again too.  This was one of my most favorite shows of all time.

Share Post

Yes! And the time jump they had planned would be easier now since everyone is older now too!

Yeah, I know. Sigh.

Share Post

I just finished watching season one on HBO Go and I really liked it. I'm sad it only got two seasons, but I can understand how expensive it was to make versus how many viewers were turning in,

And I also have a crush on Tim DeKay as Jonesy.

Share Post

I'm re-watching this, thanks to Amazon Prime. I watched it on DVD, eight years ago, and loved it then. 

Share Post