S01.E17: Monsters 2014.09.06

Well, at least the writers are trying to be interesting. Armored goons try to drive local businesses out of Old Gotham, but are thwarted by a "golem," which turns out to be Rex Mason, who got mutated earlier in the season and has figured out how to be whole again. Batman  figures that the boss is Simon Stagg, but it turns out to be his daughter, Sapphire, who -- in canon -- isn't as ambitious or as morally bankrupt as her father. Harvey Dent works himself into a tizzy trying to catch Batman and the "golem," and he's approached by Anarky of all people at the end of the episode. Katana/Tatsu gives Rex the name "Metamorpho" (after the process that changed him), and Rex drops a reference to "outsiders," which probably made a few fans happy. Oh, and Batman has a Crime Alley flashback. albeit surprisingly clean. You guys think that might come up again before the show's end?

Share Post

Dent is going to build himself the Bat version of a Spider Slayer any day now. Get more "hands on." Unless he goes all Two-Face first.

Anarky just showed up, said "Hi, I'll help you out", and then left. I guess he wants to get some Dent credit for messing with the Bat, which he was going to do anyway.

The Crime Alley thing will probably come up again.

Edited by Sandman87.

Share Post

Not really. I think Cartoon Network just doesn't care for it . . . which is a shame, since The Batman lasted four seasons despite its need to stink in the first few years.

Share Post

I hope it's at least winning its time slot. #arethereevenratingsatthathour?

(But seriously. Batman's a major,expensive property. I still find it weird.)

Edited by GaryE.

Share Post

Oh, and Batman has a Crime Alley flashback. albeit surprisingly clean.

I think this was my favorite scene in Beware the Batman. The editing and zoom-and-pan camera movements were suddenly so interesting. It seemed to reinvigorate both the episode and the theme of Batman's childhood trauma.

Share Post