Jon Gosselin and The Children

Is there any recent news of when Jon sees the kids/their arrangements for that?  I had a coworker tell me that Cara and Mady refuse to see him anymore.

Share Post

I guess Jon feels it's okay for his children to appear on a reality show again.

Share Post

I always thought Jon had his childrens best interests at heart. I thought he was almost a saint to put up with what he did from Kate. Remember when shenscreamed his name in the toy store? They used to show that on the show all the time. I used to love it when he used to tell her to take the stick out.

Share Post

Jon got into arrears on child support. Since this is a state law he had to pay or be punished. He signed to allow the children to film in exchange for being released from child support. So quite frankly he sold his right. Since they have joint custody ( not to be confused with physical custody) both parents permission was needed.

Now he hasn't seen the twins in a year. He was seeing the tups every other weekend and once a week for dinner. Now that he's lost his home he probably just has day visits on the weekend. So not much time and zero dollars. What a prince.

Share Post

Jon said in an interview that the twins refuse to see him.  I hope that changes.  I don't know what the reason is, but he's still their father and that relationship is important.  It's too bad he and Kate don't get along better.  It would've been great if she'd offered to let him stay in the garage apartment until he gets back on his feet.  Of course, going on Couples Therapy and screaming about wanting Kate to die isn't the way to get along with your ex. 

The twins did an interview with People magazine in which they said the only strange thing about their childhood was the never-ending stream of girlfriends with their Dad.  Maybe things would improve between them if he were in a stable relationship.

Edited by technorebel.

Share Post

He signed to allow the children to film in exchange for being released from child support.

If this is true the state of Pennsylvania is pretty messed up.

Share Post

I still say he's not half as batshit crazy as she is. He's a fall down but not evil incarnate.

Share Post

I still say he's not half as batshit crazy as she is. He's a fall down but not evil incarnate.

Kate is a Nazi compared to Jon. He's no saint but he's very calming compared to that banshee.

Share Post

Something I thought of last night... doesn't Jon have to agree to let the kids be on TV?? I wonder if he gets any compensation from it.
I was only thinking that because I would think if Maddie and Cara were against filming they could likely rally with their dad and try to stop it. 

There are multiple families on Real Housewives were the kids are not shown because ex-husbands won't give their approval.

Share Post

Something I thought of last night... doesn't Jon have to agree to let the kids be on TV?? I wonder if he gets any compensation from it.

He signed consent in exchange for being relieved of all child support requirements and dismissal of his arrears.  I say that with authority since the gossip sites actually posted the court ruling and niether Jon nor Kate's camp corrected it.

I was only thinking that because I would think if Maddie and Cara were against filming they could likely rally with their dad and try to stop it.

I doubt that will happen now.  Whatever went down he hasn't talked to them in over a year.  They gave a print interview where they said they were tired of the constant stream of young women in his life.

Share Post

I wonder how much of the twins saying that was Kate. On the early morning talk show she had obviously prepped them with what to say and then they refused.

Share Post

I wonder how much of the twins saying that was Kate. On the early morning talk show she had obviously prepped them with what to say and then they refused.

True, we may never know why they stopped talking to him.  But as stubborn as Maddy is I can guarantee if she thought being friends with her dad would piss Kate off you know she would have moved in with him. 

Share Post

I thought they weren't talking to him because he signed off on his right to refuse filming of the kids. Read that somewhere...

Share Post

I guess the whole Steve/bodyguard thing doesn't bother them.

Share Post

Yes I was disgusted with him signing off in return of no child support. I can understand the twins anger at him for doing that, when he knew how much they hated filming. He was the only thing that stopped Kate's precious filming career. He threw it away with both hands.

Maybe he was quoted child support from when he was making $$$$ on the tv show and had no where near that when he and Kate divorced? He couldn't afford that working as a waiter. 

I think he always knew he had a chip in his pocket. He knew Kate was perceived (for a while) as a wonder mom of eight, very organized,etc. when in reality she was a shrew. I think that's where Robert Hoffman's book came from. I think Jon couldn't take her anymore and wanted to show the world what she really was.  

Share Post

I had a lot more respect for Jon Gosselin before I watched him on Couples Therapy. Now I think he's a professional victim, and I'm not at all surprised that he sold out his kids to avoid child support. It didn't seem like he fought all that hard for them during the divorce either. He was too busy with his new girlfriend and hanging out with Michael Lohan.

Share Post

He signed to allow the children to film in exchange for being released from child support.

Not that unusual. That's how my mother got my biological father to sign legal adoption papers. He signed away his parental rights in exchange for his child support arrearage being forgiven. Which REALLY made me feel special. "So, money was more important than ever seeing me again? Alrighty." Perhaps, Cara and Mady are a little salty about THAT (among other things) as well. 

Kate may be a shrew, but she does love those kids and make sure that they have everything that they need. Jon is just a Ed Hardy t-shirt wearing douche that is trying to relive his lost 20's. I'm sure that he loves his children, but his actions are more about himself than anything. 

Share Post

It probably was not so much giving up the obligation to pay child support, as it was a necessity to keep from going to jail. He probably couldn't pay, and as screwed up as his life is now, things could get worse. All sorts of penalties apply when you can't pay, and they begin to snowball - even if he had a salary to attach, without a lot of money he couldn't pay rent, car expenses, etc.

I feel so bad for him that everything came down this way. He wasn't a bad guy, but she bullied him and humiliated him, and he must have lost all his self-esteem. I don't know why he couldn't get and keep a real job, but I hope somehow he pulls it together, before he loses contact with all his children.

Share Post

I feel so bad for him that everything came down this way. He wasn't a bad guy, but she bullied him and humiliated him, and he must have lost all his self-esteem.

When he was on Couples Therapy with Kate version 2.0, it seemed pretty clear that Jon's game is to get in relationships with women who are controlling, and then play the sad victim and refuse all responsibility. On Couples Therapy, Jon also got to look like the "good guy" while sitting next to a horrible bully. Underneath that "good guy" persona is a lazy loser who would rather sign his kids over than make any real effort to support them.

When Jon divorced Kate, he seemed to make no effort to get custody of his kids. Then he went off with his girlfiend and Michael Lohan. Now he's apparently going to be a DJ? I think Jon took the easy way out. I think he looked like a good person all those years only because Kate came off so badly.

Share Post

There's a book by Al Walentis about the year that everything fell apart for the Gosselins, and it's much more balanced than Hoffman's.  He writes about Jon only interacting with the kids for the camera, but as soon as a scene was over, he was busy on his phone with whatever girl.  At the time, Jon would come stay at the house when it was his turn for visitation, and Kate would stay elsewhere.  Walentis writes that one of the twins called Kate because Jon was groping the young nanny in front of them, and they were disgusted by it.  Kate showed up, the police came, big scene.

At any rate, I don't see Jon as a victim, but as more of a perpetual frat boy, one who still thinks he has a "brand" to build fame on.  Besides his appearance on Couples Therapy, he gives interviews all the time.  I'm sure he showed up at Kate's garage sale just because cameras were there.  If you're going to call Kate a famewhore, Jon's right up there with her.

Share Post

There's a book by Al Walentis about the year that everything fell apart for the Gosselins, and it's much more balanced than Hoffman's.  He writes about Jon only interacting with the kids for the camera, but as soon as a scene was over, he was busy on his phone with whatever girl.  At the time, Jon would come stay at the house when it was his turn for visitation, and Kate would stay elsewhere.  Walentis writes that one of the twins called Kate because Jon was groping the young nanny in front of them, and they were disgusted by it.  Kate showed up, the police came, big scene.

At any rate, I don't see Jon as a victim, but as more of a perpetual frat boy, one who still thinks he has a "brand" to build fame on.  Besides his appearance on Couples Therapy, he gives interviews all the time.  I'm sure he showed up at Kate's garage sale just because cameras were there.  If you're going to call Kate a famewhore, Jon's right up there with her.

Define "more balanced" for me. Sways a bit more Khate's way, perhaps?

I actually took the time to look this Al- the- Author up. First thing I see is a blog post about Jon's finances and living arrangements. Something I have never been able to understand is where that information comes from. Like who is telling this  "blog-tastic" nobody about Jon Gosselin's lease or real estate purchase contract? 

Always an "insider". Who are these insiders?? Whoever it was in this case, they knew more about his finances and mortgage contract than I likely do about my own.

I find that fascinating. Personally, I think usually battling spouses share this info with the press/media to keep their names relevant or to "humiliate" or "chastise" each other. Maybe even so they can mess with their young teens' minds and emotions. Who knows?

Now which one of those darn Gosselins like to make people feel like crap??

Anyone?

Share Post

I actually took the time to look this Al- the- Author up. First thing I see is a blog post about Jon's finances and living arrangements. Something I have never been able to understand is where that information comes from. Like who is telling this  "blog-tastic" nobody about Jon Gosselin's lease or real estate purchase contract? 

Nah, Walentis pretty much bashed them both.

If Jon gives an interview where he talks about his finances and such, then it's public knowledge, provided Jon is telling the truth, of course.  He seems to give a lot of interviews, the latest being about his new career as a DJ.

Share Post

Wasn't this the newspaper reporter that waged a long running campaign about Kate asking for more help with her kids?  I can guarantee if that the guy he's no big fan of Kate's either.

Share Post

It probably was not so much giving up the obligation to pay child support, as it was a necessity to keep from going to jail. He probably couldn't pay, and as screwed up as his life is now, things could get worse. All sorts of penalties apply when you can't pay, and they begin to snowball - even if he had a salary to attach, without a lot of money he couldn't pay rent, car expenses, etc.

I feel so bad for him that everything came down this way. He wasn't a bad guy, but she bullied him and humiliated him, and he must have lost all his self-esteem. I don't know why he couldn't get and keep a real job, but I hope somehow he pulls it together, before he loses contact with all his children.

You said this so well. It's what I've been thinking, too.

Share Post

I just watched the new show.  Mady is a horrid little witch.  It would take me about 10 minutes of being with her, and I would be snatching that kid bald.

Share Post

Oh, come on. How many times, particularly in your teen years, did your mother say "Some day I hope you have a daughter just like you....."? 

Share Post

Nah, Walentis pretty much bashed them both.

If Jon gives an interview where he talks about his finances and such, then it's public knowledge, provided Jon is telling the truth, of course.  He seems to give a lot of interviews, the latest being about his new career as a DJ.

I read this book when it was new and still have it on my kindle. The author was an equal basher. 

Share Post

Oh, come on. How many times, particularly in your teen years, did your mother say "Some day I hope you have a daughter just like you....."? 

Mine did and then I had 3, LOL. I found a sign that says: By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she's wrong.".

Share Post

A lot actually.  Lol  And I did.

Share Post

I try to NOT feel bad for Jon even though it's hard sometimes.... but I agree that he likes to play the victim.  If he put his mind to it he could probably get a great paying job because wasn't he working in the computer field before their tv show started?? It might be hard to pick back up in that area if you take yourself out for many years but being that he was in that line of work previously means that he is a pretty smart guy. Just seems like he lacks A LOT of ambition.  

Edited by gunderda.

Share Post

I thought he was in IT, too, which is why it's baffling that he can't get a job doing, you know, something steady as opposed to DJing and Couples Therapy. Wouldn't pay a ton but it would be something steady and reliable, and a good example for the kids. 

I hope it's not true about groping a nanny in front of the kids. :(

Share Post

I thought he was in IT, too, which is why it's baffling that he can't get a job doing, you know, something steady as opposed to DJing and Couples Therapy. Wouldn't pay a ton but it would be something steady and reliable, and a good example for the kids.

He doesn't have a college degree.  So the job he had was one that he worked his way up to or was a lower level help desk type thing.  These days without a college degree you can't get even entry level in IT.   I feel for him on this point.  His options without that diploma are really limited.  But he can find something and since he doesn't need to pay support surely an online degree or community college is within his reach.

Share Post

Finally people see John is just as bad as Kate. He gave up on his kids and now is trying to play poor me. There are many regular people jobs out there. Heck even go to tech school or go to a CC and get a degree but nope just like Kate he grew a custom to the tlc lifestyle

Share Post

Remember the time he told her to take the stick out?? We were all like "wtf? Did he finally talk back to the shrew??"

Edited by MarysWetBar.

Share Post

Finally people see John is just as bad as Kate. He gave up on his kids and now is trying to play poor me. There are many regular people jobs out there. Heck even go to tech school or go to a CC and get a degree but nope just like Kate he grew a custom to the tlc lifestyle

Yep. Now he's had a taste of the limelight & all those things are beneath him...He's just like Kate at the end of the day. 

Share Post

.  Maybe things would improve between them if he were in a stable relationship.

I am a firm believer that when both parents of a divorced union do not criticize or judge each other in front of the children, the children benefit by enjoying a healthy relationship with each parent. I remember back when the children hung all over Jon and would tell him how much they loved him, etc. I am convinced that Jon and Kate poisoned their relationships.Kate is very competitive and it's important to her to be fhe winning parent.

Share Post

Then she should be happy she is the winner and show some joy in her interactions with her kids.

Share Post

I can't stand Kate for the most part but she's not a loser.  Jon's a loser.  He's even recently angled to get back on Couples Therapy with Kate to "work out their differences" and resume coparenting the kids.  Translation: get money from another tv gig and worm his way back onto the TLC shows with Kate.  This guy is a piece of work.  A low level techie with no ambition and no career prospects, his only strategy being to milk his D-List celebrity status.

Share Post

I honestly think they are both reprehensible parents. Those kids seem utterly miserable. The boys seem better emotionally than the girls but i think they are fairly oblivious to what is going on around them and not as in tune to their mother's emotions. Kate actually has a profession. Why is she not working at that? She isn't a t.v. star...she is a nurse by trade. .a very honorable profession and one that would likely give her a more positive outlook on things. He needs to get off his rusty dusty too and just find a job and keep it! Kate had no problem funding babysitters to go flying off to do DWTS or CA. Why can't she do that to go work as a nurse 40 hours a week?

I don't get it.

I think everyone would be happier if she could get out of the house every day to interact with people not on her payroll.

Also, if i was Jon and actually paying child support i would be making damn sure it was going to my kids and not cosmetic surgery,tanning, hair extensions, gel nails and the gym membership.

Edited by MarysWetBar.

Share Post

Well why would she do that or agree to that?

Probably because Jon was against the children going back on television. So, perhaps that was the deal they made? The children in "reality" are supporting themselves.

Share Post

He was in arrears on support. The state was going to toss hin in jail. Kate waived all child support in exchange for him signing over parental right. He still has the same custody. That means visitation every other weekend and one night a week.

So he signed over the house instead of sharing upkeep. He signed over the right for his signature to be required on things like contracts, passports, school enrollment, medical approval etc. he pretty much is living his twenties. He has no responsibility for anything other than himself.

Share Post

So he signed over parental rights but maintained custody or visitation? Aren't those two different things? ( I don't live in the states)

I'm betting that is how she got those kids on tv again. He signed that right away too cus i remember it was Jon who was against the kids being on tv at the end.

Share Post

He agreed to let the children be on TV.  That is not the same as parental rights.  

Share Post

Everybody keeps saying that Jon was so against the kids being on TV.  He seemed OK with it when they were together.  It was after he and Kate separated that he had his epiphany about it being so wrong.

Was it only OK if he also profited? 

I say enough is enough.  Those kids don't need the whole world seeing their every little move.  I can't imagine how they must get teased at school.

Share Post

He agreed to let the children be on TV. That is not the same as parental rights.

The court filing TMZ had said parental rights, which includes tv. Of course this is when the tabloids realized she could move to LA and started reporting house hunting rumors. So yes it was parental rights.

Share Post

I'd love to see the document if you still have a link.  Jon may have given up legal custody, but I seriously doubt he gave up his parental rights.  If he had, he wouldn't be seeing the children (given Kate's nature) and there would be no custody orders.  

Share Post

I suspect Jon gave up legal custody, meaning Kate gets to make all legal decisions for the kids. Things like medical decisions, passports, schooling, financial decisions, etc. Usually parents maintain joint legal custody of the kid/s while one parent might have primary physical custody. Signing away parental rights means he is legally no longer their father, which I doubt.

Edited by Mittengirl.

Share Post