Kate Gosselin: Fame is Her Game

16 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Is he still around?

Yeah, he was spotted in the recent shows when they were on trips. I've seen this mentioned on Kate related sites. They're quick shots, but he's there. 

Share Post

On 1/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, Chalby said:

Wasn't it always Joel who was getting into trouble when they were very little. I just remember thinking, Oh boy, that poor kid has anger issues, but I just don't remember Colin this way.

As I recall, Joel did many things that grossed Kate out and caused her to seem to almost dislike him, but Collin was probably the most physically aggressive. I understood that they had eight small children, but Jon and Kate were far too laid-back about the children pounding each other. They basically said there was nothing they could do to keep it from happening. I felt that they were guilty of lazy parenting. The hitting would be the one thing I WOULD have made an issue about and would have done everything in my power to prevent. I would have worried less about children getting stains on their clothing and far more about their acts of aggression toward one another.

Edited by jilliannatalia.

Share Post

On 12/10/2016 at 9:42 PM, doodlebug said:

But inexpensive clothes, not designer. I think we disagree on what Kate considers to be important.  I agree, she sees the kids as a reflection of her.  I think we just disagree that Kate therefore would insist on a college education for them. I don't think education is one of her priorities. 

Old Navy's clothes may not be designer clothing, but they're not exactly Kmart or second-hand.

Share Post

On 3/31/2017 at 3:06 AM, jilliannatalia said:

As I recall, Joel did many things that grossed Kate out and caused her to seem to almost dislike him, but Collin was probably the most physically aggressive. I understood that they had eight small children, but Jon and Kate were far too laid-back about the children pounding each other. They basically said there was nothing they could do to keep it from happening. I felt that they were guilty of lazy parenting. The hitting would be the one thing I WOULD have made an issue about and would have done everything in my power to prevent. I would have worried less about children getting stains on their clothing and far more about their acts of aggression toward one another.

Hmmm, wonder where he learned it from?  

1 Kate slaps Collin.jpg

Share Post

On 4/4/2017 at 9:28 PM, JenMcSnark said:

Hmmm, wonder where he learned it from?  

1 Kate slaps Collin.jpg

What is she doing to him in the picture?

Share Post

Looks like she was saying "Shhhhhh!" to him and trying to cover his mouth, except he was behind her and she could quite do it. I guess she didn't like whatever he was trying to say. 

Share Post

34 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

What is she doing to him in the picture?

She is smacking him in the face and yelling at him because he said hi to a paparazzi. She's always treated Collin very badly.  All the boys + Alexis really, but especially Collin.  Breaks my heart. 

Share Post

32 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Looks like she was saying "Shhhhhh!" to him and trying to cover his mouth, except he was behind her and she could quite do it. I guess she didn't like whatever he was trying to say. 

Collin is clearly just in front of her.  According to the pap who took the shot, she was doing more than shushing him and it was more of a slap.  Possibly she didn't mean to do it.  In fact I would say she didn't because she is usually very careful about her public persona and she knew the paps were there.  

Share Post

It looks as though the paps were snapping pics quickly, maybe in burst shot, because here's another from the same day, and it appears that she was covering his mouth, not slapping him. But YMMV.  

IMG_1375.JPG

Share Post

On 4/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, 17wheatthins said:

It looks as though the paps were snapping pics quickly, maybe in burst shot, because here's another from the same day, and it appears that she was covering his mouth, not slapping him. But YMMV.  

IMG_1375.JPG

That could be true.  I still think it's a little much.  I, personally, never felt the need to put my hand on my daughter's face.  But definitely mileage varies.  I will admit that I can't stand her and always felt sorry for Jon and the kids.  So I'm predisposed to think the worst.  

Share Post

I've had my mouth covered by my parents (hated it) and been smacked in the mouth by them (hated it more) so I know what you mean. 

Share Post

Maybe it was a tough choice on her part . . . keep her scheduled mani/pedi or go pick up Collin for his own birthday party.  Give a mama a break.

/sarcasm

Share Post

How long has Collin been away?

Edited by ginger90.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hoe long has Collin been away?

Not sure, but the article says he wasn't there for his birthday last year either. 

ETA:  Maybe they should change the name of the show to Kate Plus 7*.

*Collin

Edited by AZChristian.

Share Post

She should really just let Collin go live with his father.  If Jon is willing to take him, which I think he might be.  

Share Post

She's a horrible, horrible woman.  Memories of the film Mommie Dearest when Joan ships Christina off to the convent.

Share Post

The above article really made me mad. Colin has "anger issues" and blames everything on his mother. Well no shit!  Who could blame the kid for blaming her? We all saw and read that he was her punching bag since before he could walk.  

What kind of mother would have such a huge birthday party on TV when one of the birthday boys couldn't be there?!  She's horrible.  I wonder if they will even mention him. I won't be watching to find out but my guess is that they will all act like he doesn't exist. Which I'm sure will be very helpful to his "special needs".  

It feels wrong to hate somebody that I've never met so much but I just can not help it.   I'm glad I live in San Francisco because if I ever saw her in public, I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from throat punching her. 

Share Post

If he can't leave the residential treatment center for his birthday --- bring the birthday to him.  I can only imagine how lonely and isolated he must feel.  She is creating a monster far worse than just the "anger issues."

19 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I've read there were only 3 episodes which is short for a season on TLC. It's about Halloween, a ski trip, and the six's birthday in May. That sounds riveting. lol

Free high-end Halloween costumes.
Free skip trip.
Free birthday party and gifts.

Episodes revolve around what she can get for free.

Share Post

6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

bring the birthday to him.

I could not agree with this more.  The truth is, Kate has written him off.  She never had much use for him in the first place.

Share Post

2 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I could not agree with this more.  The truth is, Kate has written him off.  She never had much use for him in the first place.

Kate throws people out of her life when they don't agree with her. Kevin, Jodie, Beth, Jon, now Colin. It's sad when it's your own child. 

Share Post

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Kate throws people out of her life when they don't agree with her. Kevin, Jodie, Beth, Jon, now Colin. It's sad when it's your own child. 

Don't forget her mother and father.

Share Post

why can't someone in the family take him? The one's mentioned in the last couple of post  always showed loved and attention to them all. With the exception of her mother and father, we never saw them but the others always did. She is gonna one day reap what she has sown. 

Share Post

23 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

why can't someone in the family take him? The one's mentioned in the last couple of post  always showed loved and attention to them all. With the exception of her mother and father, we never saw them but the others always did. She is gonna one day reap what she has sown. 

Whoever cares for the child would need some money.  Kate cares more about the bank account total than the well-being of her kid. 

Share Post

Wasn't he home at the tail end of the last 'season' where they did that game show?  So he does seem to come home every once in awhile. 

Share Post

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Wasn't he home at the tail end of the last 'season' where they did that game show?  So he does seem to come home every once in awhile. 

Maybe that was filmed before he went away and shown out of order?

Share Post

2 minutes ago, EVS said:

I don't think so.... I remember people commenting that he seemed really reserved and not himself. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, EVS said:

It was both.

Share Post

4 hours ago, gunderda said:

I don't think so.... I remember people commenting that he seemed really reserved and not himself. 

He seemed sedated. 

Share Post

Perhaps his therapist recommended that Colin not film the show. I would hope, that if he does or doesn't appear, there is consultation with his treatment program and all consideration given to his best interests.

Of course, if Kate possessed even one ounce of maternal feeling, she would decline to film things like birthday parties where Colin is excluded, but famewhore gotta famewhore. She's hangin' on by the skin of her kids' teeth, no way motherhood trumps getting her mug on TV one more time.

Share Post

19 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Whoever cares for the child would need some money.  Kate cares more about the bank account total than the well-being of her kid. 

Not only that, if Collin had the audacity to THRIVE and be a happy, well-adjusted child, it would make Khate look bad worse.  Can't mess with the image.

Share Post

On 6/18/2017 at 1:34 PM, CofCinci said:

If he can't leave the residential treatment center for his birthday --- bring the birthday to him.  I can only imagine how lonely and isolated he must feel.  She is creating a monster far worse than just the "anger issues."

Free high-end Halloween costumes.
Free skip trip.
Free birthday party and gifts.

Episodes revolve around what she can get for free.

She's a horrible person, but why are u assuming she didn't. It's no like she could film in there and I highly doubt she wants everyone to know where he is at.  Safety issues.

Share Post