All Episodes Talk: Courts in session

I wish there was an 80s cop show channel, and that they would air Cagney and Lacey. I so miss that show!

There's a great boxed set of Cagney & Lacey with everything -- the Loretta Swit TV movie pilot, the Meg Foster episodes, the "real" run of the show, and the "Menopause Years" reunion TV movies.  Maybe you can treat yourself to it next year.

But I HATE how it ended; with their friendship damaged, and the words that were said that couldn't be unsaid. Was that really necessary?

That unsettled dynamic between them worked perfectly for me, because it was something we saw so much through the course of C&L, and the actors love playing it.  I feel like the episode gave us everything that was great about them as C&L -- a long-standing friendship, drinking and laughter, protectiveness (when Gless' character asks Amy if Maxine's boyfriend is deserving of her), and conflict.

I wish I'd known it was going to be on; I'd have recorded it.

Share Post

There's a great boxed set of Cagney & Lacey with everything -- the Loretta Swit TV movie pilot, the Meg Foster episodes, the "real" run of the show, and the "Menopause Years" reunion TV movies.  Maybe you can treat yourself to it next year.

I'll be keeping my eye out for it!

That unsettled dynamic between them worked perfectly for me, because it was something we saw so much through the course of C&L, and the actors love playing it.  I feel like the episode gave us everything that was great about them as C&L -- a long-standing friendship, drinking and laughter, protectiveness (when Gless' character asks Amy if Maxine's boyfriend is deserving of her), and conflict.

I wish I'd known it was going to be on; I'd have recorded it.

Fair point, but this episode made it seem like the friendship was over. Amy had asked Maxine why didn't she just call her, and Maxine didn't want to hear it. It just all seemed so final.

I wish I had thought to remind y'all that it was coming up. But since the show is now in the end of the fourth season, it will probably be a couple of months before this episode comes up again.

Share Post

Thanks for the heads up.   I will always watch "Ye Old Freedom Inn'' if its on.    Love that episode.

Share Post

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 5:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's what I thought. I remember Tyne's appearance on Burn Notice, but can't quite recall Sharon's on this show. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

Oh yuck. I remain confused as to how some of the oh so obvious non-inspirational shows end up being grabbed by inspirational channels and then they proceed to hack edit it to death. UGH.

OMG, I don't think I've seen Gless since the days of her Deb role in "Queer As Folks!" Been years since it ended/cancelled! ;-)

Share Post

Yes, all Karate Rob bathtub scenes were quickly gone.

Share Post