The Cheers Alphabet Game

Z is for zoo, where Sam took Laurie, the daughter of the mother and daughter pair he was flirting with/dating in Send in the Crane. Edited by JacquelineLHope.

Share Post

A is for Andy Andy. 

I saw you kissing, Sam!  I saw  you kissing, Sam! 

Mommy!  I'll clean up my room now, Mommy!

Share Post

D is for Derek Malone, Sam's brother with the eyes as blue as Windex and Derek McGrath, who played Andy Andy.

Share Post

F is for Frasier Crane, who didn't show up until season 3 but outlasted everyone (thanks to his spinoff).

Share Post

K is for Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly K-E-L-L-Y. Why? Because she's....

Share Post

M is because it's a dog-eat-dog world and Norm is wearing Milkbone underwear.

Share Post

N is for "Nocturne," the name of the poem that Sam got published in that literary magazine (but it was actually Diane's poem).

"I fly through a puckish arena, where echoes dance, where echoes dance, where echoes dance..."

Share Post

O is for Tip O'Neill, former Speaker of the House, who came into Cheers to escape a woman who had been pestering him on the street.

Share Post

P is for Phil Perlman, who is Rhea Perlman's father and played, strangely enough, "Phil" on the show.

Share Post

Q is tough, but can we make it for POSSLQ (Persons of the Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters), which Frasier and Lilith became in one of my favorite episodes, Dinner at Eight-ish?  After all, the Q is pronounced.  ;-)  (possl-Q)

Edited by Inquisitionist.

Share Post

R is for Rebecca, who was played by Julia Duffy in a guest spot. She was an old friend of Diane's who was heartsick after a breakup, and so of course Sam hit on her. 

Share Post

S is for Serafina Tortelli, one of Carla's many, many children.

Share Post

T is for A Tale of Two Cities, which Frasier hilariously reads to the gang at the bar.

Share Post

X is for Ex boyfriends and girlfriends. Sam and Diane were exes in season three, Frasier was her ex in season four.

Share Post

Y is for how it seems Carla will be pregnant for the rest of her life. Just like it said in her Yearbook.

Share Post

C is for Civil Servants and Celibacy - two of the categories when Cliff was on Jeopardy!

Edited by M. Darcy.

Share Post

F is for Dr. Simon Finch-Royce, who counseled Sam and Diane not to marry.

"Well now, uh, where to begin? Well usually at this point, you would tell me what a loathsome contemptible swine he is, and you would describe in some detail, what a wanton libidinous trollop she is. But as you're only engaged, we'll just have to look forward to that."

Share Post

G is for Gaylord, revealed in the Frasier episode Star Mitzvah to be the middle name of one Frederick Crane.

Share Post

I is for Italy where Diane was supposed to marry Frasier and Sam flew to stop the wedding.

Share Post

K is for Kirstie Alley (I checked and we hadn't done her yet). 

Edited: Oh crap, we actually did use her already, for A (not for K). So, as a backup answer: K is for the karaoke machine that they had in the bar, in at least one episode. 

Edited by rubaco.

Share Post

L is for Les Charles, who co-created the wonderful Cheers universe.

Share Post

M is for Manchild in Beantown, the movie Diane made to convince Woody's parents to let him stay in Boston.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Boyd!"

Edited by kariyaki.

Share Post

N is for neurotic, a personality trait shared by more than a few bar regulars.

Share Post

O is for Old dead skin. Apparently it sits on barstools and drinks beer all day. Edited by kariyaki.

Share Post

How did we jump from P to Y?  :P

Q is for all the beer that Norm and Cliffie Quaffed over the years!

Share Post

Dang it, got beat to the S! I'll be back...

Edited by kariyaki.

Share Post

T is for Thanksgiving Orphans, the episode that contains my favorite ever TV food fight.

Norm: Everybody get enough to eat?

Frasier: You know, I never had a chance to try the potatoes.

Sam: [scooping mashed potatoes off the mantelpiece onto Frasier's plate] Oh, well here, let me...

Share Post

U is for all of Carla's Unplanned pregnancies (which I think would be all 7 or 8 of them... I lost count)   Her life has been the wrong guy at the wrong time with the wrong birth control device.

Edited by Inquisitionist.

Share Post