S01.E15: Reckoning 2014.08.16

Ra's al Ghul recruits an army of Batman's foes (Professor Pyg, Mr. Toad, Magpie, Tobias Whale, Phosphorus Rex, and Cypher) in order to eliminate him.

Share Post

Well, that was fun. We got to see the C-list villains beat each other up trying to capture Batman. James Gordon got to be Dad of the Year in helping his daughter (improbably) hack the Ion Cortex. And we found out that Tatsu's father sacrificed himself to the Soultaker sword, rather than Alfred actually killing him. Oh, and Ra's got what was coming to him as Batman released the souls from Soultaker . . . though I called "bullshit" about "I honestly didn't know what would happen when I did that."

As for Alfred leaving . . . that's unusual. Batman always needs Alfred. I suspect he'll be back when the next crisis hits, but it doesn't make it any less weird.

Share Post

So much for Magpie's crush on Batman.

It would have been refreshing if Whale really had been on Batman's side in this episode. Much more interesting than what they ended up doing with him instead.

It might be fun if Alfred's real reason for leaving is that he wants to become a super hero too. Then he could make a big entrance when Batman needs him. Kinda wonder what he might call himself. The Bald Avenger maybe? Or perhaps The Mighty Chin?

Share Post