Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Well.....There goes my favorite franchise. I can't do Jill. Glad she is doing well. But I do not want her on the show.  

Well, she's not back as a full-timer.  Uh, why?  The producers & Andy Cohen don't trust her.  If she starts pulling manipulative shit again, they'll boot her off quick.  We'll see how long she'll be able to rein herself in.  My prediction is not long.

Share Post

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Well.....There goes my favorite franchise. I can't do Jill. Glad she is doing well. But I do not want her on the show.  

I’m with you on that but ....

remember some of the stupid stuff she’d say, do, orchestrate?   It could end up being funny.  Maybe it should be ‘laughable’.   I don’t know.

I’ll give it a try if you will. 

Share Post

Just now, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, she's not back as a full-timer.  Uh, why?  The producers & Andy Cohen don't trust her.  If she starts pulling manipulative shit again, they'll boot her off quick.  We'll see how long she'll be able to rein herself in.  My prediction is not long.

Lol ... she’ll be running the show in two seconds flat ....

You are going to watch, aren’t you, Scoobie?  

Share Post

Looks like she's going to be a "friend." I'll give her one episode to make up my mind.

Share Post

My question is WHY????  

Does Bravo feel bad for her since Bobby died?  Do they think she'll raise the ratings for the season?  Are they running out of women in NYC?  Will we see Kelly "Jelly Bean" Bensimon again?

Share Post

I’m thinking Bravo figured that they’d shut her up for a little bit. You know there had to have been a kazillion calls/emails/texts. 

Never know Susan Saunders might even have written letters to Bravo. 

(It was Susan Saunders wasn’t it?)

Share Post

1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

Does Bravo feel bad for her since Bobby died?

Probably a little, yeah. Bobby seems well liked. I mean... Jill hadn't been on the show in years and Bobby's funeral was a big deal.

2 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Do they think she'll raise the ratings for the season?

Yes. I think thats pretty clear. Jill is a ratings magnet. For everyone that drops the show because she's on, a ton of old fans will come back to see her twirl her mustache and create new teams. 

8 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Are they running out of women in NYC? 

Yeah. Being on this show isn't going to appeal to any of the real elite and anyone who wants to join the real elite knows better than to whore themselves out on RHONY. 

16 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Will we see Kelly "Jelly Bean" Bensimon again?

I really hope not. I like my real housewives coherent. 

Share Post

7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Lol ... she’ll be running the show in two seconds flat ....

You are going to watch, aren’t you, Scoobie?  

I am . . .  mostly cuz the thought of how easily Jillzy could piss off Bethenny really kinda tickles me.  Hee!

Share Post

7 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

My question is WHY????  

Does Bravo feel bad for her since Bobby died?  Do they think she'll raise the ratings for the season?  Are they running out of women in NYC?  Will we see Kelly "Jelly Bean" Bensimon again?

That's so funny!  I've always called her Jelly Beansimon. 

Share Post

What stage of the Kübler-Ross model is getting hired back on a BRAVO reality show again?

Share Post

16 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So she filmed twice with the cast.  Last year she filmed twice with the cast.  The only difference I see is that this year she called ROL and told them she was back.  Probably hoping that the masses would rise up and sing hallelujah.  Then Andy would be forced to give her back her apple.  It’s non-news to me until I see her at the parties in private homes.

Share Post

I'd quite like Jill back.   She knows the drill.  She'll create tension.  She'll fight with Bethenny & Ramona.  And probably Dorinda.  Sounds like fun to me!

Share Post

Oh I think she and Dorinda would *initially* be allies and then shit would go down...

Share Post

My bet on Jill:

She will continue to be LuLu's best friend and plot and plan.  Lol, maybe even write LuLu's next hit.  Jill of many trades.   :D

She'll try and turn Tinsley into Kelly.

She will even try to orchestrate a trip to Scary Island ... just so she can be there this time and not get booted out.

She will smile nice and purdy at Dorinda and then draw a line in the sand after she becomes a FT HW.

With B .... she will do a 'remember when we ....  oh, how I miss those days' thing.  (Sorry, Scoobs, but she really, really wants to be on the show. B will be able to run over Jill and Jill will say thank you, I love you.)

Now, Sonja and Ramona .... I have no clue.

What say you?

Share Post

22 hours ago, Ellee said:

My bet on Jill:

She will continue to be LuLu's best friend and plot and plan.  Lol, maybe even write LuLu's next hit.  Jill of many trades.   :D

She'll try and turn Tinsley into Kelly.

She will even try to orchestrate a trip to Scary Island ... just so she can be there this time and not get booted out.

She will smile nice and purdy at Dorinda and then draw a line in the sand after she becomes a FT HW.

With B .... she will do a 'remember when we ....  oh, how I miss those days' thing.  (Sorry, Scoobs, but she really, really wants to be on the show. B will be able to run over Jill and Jill will say thank you, I love you.)

Now, Sonja and Ramona .... I have no clue.

What say you?

I say that I cannot *wait* to see Ramonja spar with Jill—-they always were basically frienemies from the first season, so it’s likely ON. 

That said, I always hated how Jill was the great dividor in this cast...hope that doesn’t happen  again.

Share Post

Jill and Bethenny can compete for Most Martyred Widow.

Edited by pasdetrois.

Share Post

I don't know if I can watch the show with Jill back on it. She ruined Season 4 for me although I stopped being on Team Bethenny shortly after she rejoined the show. At the very least, I hope Bravo doesn't try to rehash any Season 3 catfights - that was 8 years ago at this point! I'm sure both Jill and Bethenny have long moved on and can be in a room with each other and be cordial. 

(And please! Don't let Jill bring along her Brad!)

I will say though that Bobby remains the best RH husband ever. He wasn't self-promotional, he was secure in his own skin. He was content to hang back and let his wife be in the spotlight. He let her fight her own battles, but was never far away if she needed him to have her back. He was kind and generous and I'm sure Jill misses him terribly.

Share Post

I think the only time I'd draw the line on a returning character would be Gretchen and Slade. I just cannot abide that deadbeat dad, who profited while his son suffered. 

As much as I loathe Jill, I'm not ready to quit the entire series. And she's only going to be "friend of". We'll see. 

I 100% agree with no Brad, though. NO FUCKING BRAD. 

Share Post

36 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think the only time I'd draw the line on a returning character would be Gretchen and Slade. I just cannot abide that deadbeat dad, who profited while his son suffered. 

As much as I loathe Jill, I'm not ready to quit the entire series. And she's only going to be "friend of". We'll see. 

I 100% agree with no Brad, though. NO FUCKING BRAD. 

I never watched much OC. Maybe in spurts but have to agree that if 1/100 of what was out there about Slade was true it wouldn’t be good for the show. Same way with the ‘cancer guy’. I can’t remember his name. 

Jill was never a favorite in the normal definition but she was a favorite to ‘pick on’. 

The part that I would find totally unacceptable for Jill would be disrespecting Bobby in any way.  And, I can’t define ‘disrespect’ in this situation.  So just about any mention or ‘continuing on with her life’ would probably be included at this stage. 

As much as I want everybody to continue watching regardless of Jill’s status, that is mostly due to the fact we have no clue what she’ll be like.  And, yes, there are certain things that will make me jump ship too. 

Share Post

The part that I would find totally unacceptable for Jill would be disrespecting Bobby in any way.

As much as I don't like Jill, I would be very surprised if that happened. I actually AM curious to see what happens with Zarin Fabrics - that was a longtime family business but if I remember, Bobby has grown children from his first marriage and probably left a succession plan when he became ill.

Isn't Jill dating? That seemed a bit quick to me, but I don't know what it's like to be in her shoes and like she said, she hasn't been on her own in decades. I can't rag on the woman for wanting companionship. I've told Mr. Archer a couple of times that if anything ever happens to me, I want him to move on with his life; I'd hate to think of him being lonely.

I guess since she won't be a full-time cast member I can give it a shot. And I did always appreciate how materialistic Jill was, because I'd tuned in to see how fabulously these people lived and Jill always delivered, whether it was a $16K handbag, chartering a private plane to swing by Scary Island, or griping over a new car that didn't have all the features she'd wanted. At least AVIVA's not coming back!

Share Post

I may want to clarify .... Jill needs to continue on with her life and only she knows how that will be.   Her dating (or not dating) IMO just shouldn't be tabloid fodder.  There are other family members/friends whose feelings need to be considered. 

Share Post

Oh, Jill will play nice, alright, until she doesn’t have to. I don’t mind her on part time because I can only take her in small doses. 

Share Post