Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

@WireWrap- thank you!!

addictive isn’t the word for my abuse of most of the housewives franchises. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve rewatched NY (all seasons) and others when they are on tv- they are all set to record new, and repeat episodes. Drives my husband nuts, but is always my go-to for sick days, snow days, rainy days, lazy days... finding this forum was like Christmas in July! 

Share Post

@Taralightner.....welcome!

Agree with everything but my girl Heather.  I’d love for her to come back.  Oh, and no.thank.you to Jill’s return.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I’m in bed with a back injury. This forum (that I just found today) is life right now.  (Yes, I’m that pathetic- I realize that there are actual books, with substance, available to me). So.... here’s my take on the old and current wives. 

First of all, I'm sorry about your back injury.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  Secondly, what are these books you speak of? lol.  

There have been times when I thought that I should find something more productive to do with my evenings, but then I snap myself back to reality and realize that I'd miss out on all of the snark if I did that!   I watch the NYC, Beverly Hills and Orange County franchises.  I just can't quit them!

I think that we're all anxiously awaiting the next episode of this particular shit show! The forums will be on fire!

Share Post

@ChitChat- thank you!! 

Those are my top 3 as well! I will watch NJ, and ATL, but not over and over. I liked DC but have never been able to get into Potomac. 

6 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

@Taralightner.....welcome!

Agree with everything but my girl Heather.  I’d love for her to come back.  Oh, and no.thank.you to Jill’s return.

@ButterQueen- thanks for the welcome! Again, I think my thing with Heather is that I see stuff from my own behavior that I’m working to change. 

Share Post

Hi Tarlightner and welcome to the boards.  Honestly, I do disagree with a lot of your assessments but that's ok.  This is what this place all about.  I hope you stay.

Yeah.  I'm a NY and BH lover.  I hated to see DC end.  I thought it was much better than Potomac.  I watch NJ because I've spent most of my life there.  I gave up Atlanta years ago.  I just couldn't take it.  Dallas is boring.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

@WireWrap- thank you!!

addictive isn’t the word for my abuse of most of the housewives franchises. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve rewatched NY (all seasons) and others when they are on tv- they are all set to record new, and repeat episodes. Drives my husband nuts, but is always my go-to for sick days, snow days, rainy days, lazy days... finding this forum was like Christmas in July! 

Welcome TaraLightner! Enjoy your sick, snow, rainy and lazy days! I have just semi retired and my grand babies this week moved from here (Canada and very close by) to Texas. Much time on my hands now. 

Really enjoy the folks here!

Share Post

A big happy forum welcome to @Taralightner! Glad you are here. I probably won't always agree with you, but I will respect your opinions. I am an avid HW watcher and used to drive my husband (God rest his soul) crazy doing so. I found this forum a few months ago while recuperating from a two year illness so I understand what these posters can be for your well-being. 

I am with you on one thing, I am also a BF fan from the beginning. 

Happy Posting!

Share Post

@Reality police- thanks! And, glad that there’s at least 2 of us with BF 

@breezy424- thanks! Yeah, I forgot about Dallas... 

@Happy Camper- thanks! Enjoy those grandkids!  Enjoy retirement! You’ve earned it!! 

Edited by Taralightner.

Share Post

Oops!

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

27 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

@AnnA- ? Do you and @breezy424 like BF or is it the opposite? I know that opinion isn’t popular here. 

Sorry about that post.   There was a lot more there but it's gone now.  I've been trying to edit out breezy's name but this damn iPad hates this forum and keeps skipping around.

Welcome!

I am Team Bethenny and have been since day one.  There are more Bethenny fans here than you might think.  Some of them are just quieter than others.  I enjoy her quick wit and smart ass remarks. She makes the show for me and NY is my favorite. It's gradually becoming my "only" HW show too.    I gave up ATL in the first season.  BH and the OC both suck; I will not watch NJ on principle and never watched the others.  I did like DC though but that's because I'm a political junkie. 

The Jewish/Japanese/American HW whose name you forgot is Jules.

I pretty much agree with your assessment of the HWs with few exceptions.   I don't want Jill back and I'm less impressed with Carole's ABC career than most.   She wasn't really a journalist. She was part of a large production team. The team won the Emmy, not just Carole. 

ETA:   I can't speak for Breezy..

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

@AnnA- thanks for the welcome! 

I think there are glitches inside the coding of this site as I’ve been getting weird error messages and have had trouble with editing, too.  

NY is absolutely my favorite. ATL is always a scream fest- as Ramona said on their way to AC, “I CAN’T, I just CAN’T”

I love BH and still watch OC... but that one is getting old for me. I watch NJ, but not over and over. What is the principle that has you not like it? Is it a Jersey thing? A Teresa issue? 

Share Post

9 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

@AnnA- thanks for the welcome! 

I think there are glitches inside the coding of this site as I’ve been getting weird error messages and have had trouble with editing, too.  

NY is absolutely my favorite. ATL is always a scream fest- as Ramona said on their way to AC, “I CAN’T, I just CAN’T”

I love BH and still watch OC... but that one is getting old for me. I watch NJ, but not over and over. What is the principle that has you not like it? Is it a Jersey thing? A Teresa issue? 

It's definitely a Teresa thing.   I hate that Bravo didn't fire her ass.   Instead they supported the Giudice family featuring Juicey Joe, the pig and exploiting her children while she was locked up.    I won't even click on anything related to that show.  They stiffed a slew of contractors to build that gaudy mausoleum and drive expensive cars.    It's disgusting. 

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m totally judging Jill.  😎

Right??? Isn't that what we do on these snark boards? Judge the heck out of these people who put themselves out there for public consumption? 

It seems too soon, to me. I've never been there, but I feel like I'd be too exhausted to want to put effort into another relationship. 

I think Jill just hates to be alone. 

Share Post

I don't know that I am judging Jill, I honestly don't know if I care enough to call it judging....

It seems a little soon. I don't think she's disrespecting Bobby, or Bobby's memory (Bobby seemed the sort to tell her to find happiness after and wouldn't grudge it). I think she might not be giving herself time to really feel *how she feels* about life without Bobby.

I don't particularly like Jill but I wouldn't want to see anyone jump into a bad relationship quickly simply out of fear of being alone. 

Share Post

38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right??? Isn't that what we do on these snark boards? Judge the heck out of these people who put themselves out there for public consumption? 

It seems too soon, to me. I've never been there, but I feel like I'd be too exhausted to want to put effort into another relationship. 

I think Jill just hates to be alone. 

Hasn’t been a year since he passed? Or close to it? I’m not offended by her dating or not dating. I DO agree that she doesn’t want to be alone. I don’t love everything she has done, and I think SHE’S judgmental, but I think it’s been close to a year... 

Share Post

I think he died in early February or late January. So about six months. I mean, just because Lady Mary Crawley uncrossed her legs and said "Let the games begin" after killing her husband with her death vagina, that doesn't mean we all have to do it.

Share Post

He died on January 13, 2018 but had been very sick since 2016. 

Jill strikes me as someone who doesn’t like to be alone and also a bit of a caretaker. With Aly an adult I could see her wanting to move on quickly which is also not uncommon. Also, dating someone doesn’t mean your over your spouse and as long as both of them are on the same page about their relationship I don’t see an issue.

Share Post

4 hours ago, AnnA said:

It's definitely a Teresa thing.   I hate that Bravo didn't fire her ass.   Instead they supported the Giudice family featuring Juicey Joe, the pig and exploiting her children while she was locked up.    I won't even click on anything related to that show.  They stiffed a slew of contractors to build that gaudy mausoleum and drive expensive cars.    It's disgusting. 

This.  I get sick of seeing her in US magazine, etc. too.   But I stopped watching NJ after the first (?I think?) season because there was that one woman who was very very scary to me.  I don't remember her name.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

there was that one woman who was very very scary to me.  I don't remember her name.

All of them.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This.  I get sick of seeing her in US magazine, etc. too.   But I stopped watching NJ after the first (?I think?) season because there was that one woman who was very very scary to me.  I don't remember her name.

Do you mean Danielle? They brought her back last season as a FOH!

Edited by WireWrap.

Share Post

1 minute ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

All of them.

LOL!

Just now, WireWrap said:

Do you mean Danielle? They brought her back last season as a FOH!

Yes!  It was Danielle, I think!    Oh boy, she is back?????

Share Post

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

LOL!

Yes!  It was Danielle, I think!    Oh boy, she is back?????

Yes, as a FOH and Teresa's/Melissa's friend no less! LOL I haven't watched that show since the felons pled guilty but Bravo's home page announced her return and her friendship with T/M. 

Share Post