Jaime Primak Sullivan

THIS. 

Except that Southern Charm's Rav is double-dutying as her husband.

How can she stand to have a BFF whose face never shows any expression? It looks like Botox, wired jaw and medication-induced flattened affect all at once.

Edited by Gumby.

Share Post

Well, no shrieking. that's a plus. No screaming arguments, another plus, nobody trying to shiv another woman wearing a sparkly crown, another plus. So far so good. I like her. Her friends need to loosen their spanx a bit.

Edited by Chicklet.

Share Post

I thought I would dislike her, but I actually kind of like her. I think her more conservative setting helps to keep her a little more balanced. It was refreshing to see her not wearing make-up all the time, actually show love, affection, and respect to her husband (and him maybe even more right back at her, so nice to see). 

Although, I do love the wardrobe of her friend, the one who also had the long dark hair and the dogs, but the sad fertility story line? Also, I love the architecture of that friend's kitchen, though I don't think I could keep such an open space that spotless. 

Share Post

THIS. 

Except that Southern Charm's Rav is double-dutying as her husband.

How can she stand to have a BFF whose face never shows any expression? It looks like Botox, wired jaw and medication-induced flattened affect all at once.

I'll bite.  I love McMillan and Wife, but i'm not getting the reference.  Guy from Southern Charm is in this show?  Guy from Southern Charm looks like Rock Hudson?

Share Post

I liked the show more than I thought I would.  Jamie's honesty is refreshing, but I fear it won't be long before she becomes a "truth cannon" like Brandi or starts believing her own hype, like Bethenney.  Also, is that a bald spot up front?

I fear for the single mom who is eager to marry her boyfriend of six months.  Actually, I'm mostly worried for her kids.

I find it hilarious that Arden is doing all this hoopla for her third wedding, even if it's the groom's first.

I feel so badly for the infertile couple.  For such a Stepfordish couple, they sure do have an incredibly modern home.  Not what I was expecting.

Share Post

Cute show, I'm from the same area so it's fun to see places I recognize. I don't know any of the cast personally, but I've been told that Jaime is exactly as she is portrayed on TV.  Jaime and her husband don't actually live in Mountain Brook, but live close by. 

Edited by Elizabeth.

Share Post

Arden might look like a horse person, but, she rides incredibly bad.  Her hands, her seat, none of it looks like anyone who has ridden more than a few times on a rental horse.  Beautiful barn, and horses.  Nice fiancee to boot.

http://windwoodequestrian.com/about/

Edited by Pine.

Share Post

Yeach I think she probably just rode for the show. ..no way would she ride that badly, even if she has only been riding since she has known him, she would have to be better than that.

Big giveaway...she didn't take any jumps. She is riding a close to Olympic level horse, and says her horse slows down when she starts talking..

Lololol

Share Post

I thought I would be bored but I really like this show. Lots of interesting stories & beautiful homes.

Share Post

I thought Jamie's husband looked like a tired T-Rav.

Thanks.  I had to Google him because I didn't watch the other show.  I can see the resemblance.  

Share Post

I thought Jamie's husband looked like a tired T-Rav.

I thought the same thing. Maybe they are related in some way..

Jamie is kind of funny. Loved the way she wanted to bring lasagna to the tea. Here in the Midwest that is a staple for a bring a dish gathering . We don't have teas here for the Bride to be only showers. I don't think I could live down there. You have to be too proper and dainty,two things I am not.. 

Edited by Carolyn15.

Share Post

I like her, too. I didn't think I would, just from the premise of the show and the previews. But I could see myself being friends with her. Now, her crew? Need to loosen up. Like, a lot.

Share Post

Im sure T Rav is older, but he sure looks amazing compared to her hubby

Share Post

Arden might look like a horse person, but, she rides incredibly bad.  Her hands, her seat, none of it looks like anyone who has ridden more than a few times on a rental horse.  Beautiful barn, and horses.  Nice fiancee to boot.

http://windwoodequestrian.com/about/

I agree. I ride Western, but I know a good seat when I see one, and she doesn't have one. Her hands looked tense, too, which of course transfers to the horse, never a good thing. So yeah, she looks cute in the clothes, but not so good in the saddle, and I'm guessing that horses don't love it when she's riding.

I think the horse slowed down when she started talking because he was hoping it was the end of the ride. Or he realized that she has enough trouble riding without talking!

Edited by jennylauren123.

Share Post

GussieK - to me.... Jaime looks, and acts like Susan StJames' character- ws it Sally?

Share Post

I wasn't expecting much from this show but I finally watched it last night and I really liked it.  I love seeing the homes and the very old school southern charm and hospitality. 

I like Danielle and her husband and their home is made of win.  Luci probably needs to slow down with her boyfriend.  Did she say they work together?  Uh oh.  Arden is definitely on the prissy side.  She's like a Bama version of Heather Dubrow.

I'm from the south and I totally got the monogramming on everything.  So true.

I am in for the season (and officially Bravo's bitch).

Share Post

I finally figured out who Arden reminds me of...Dana Perino, G.W. Bush's press secretary. 

Share Post

I finally watched this, and I love it!  I was afraid it was just going to be another tacky chicks from Jersey show behaving badly.  Jaime is a lot of fun, but some of her friends are such stiffs.  Maybe they're just uncomfortable around the cameras...I don't know, but some of them bug.

Share Post

Mountain Brook is Courtney Cox's hometown. It's also where the girl who disappeared in Aruba, Natalie Holloway was from.

Share Post

The Luci storyline really bugs me because like 1/2 the town is divorced. I was raised by a single mother in Mt. Brook and never experienced judgments. Also, I'm not sure if any of these people were actually raised there. But some things about the show ring true. The monogram thing is certainly accurate. And Bromberg's is the place to register. But trust me, no truly important society event would take place during football season. And as far as I know, there are no farms in Mt. Brook--it's a suburb of Birmingham, which is a big city.

Share Post

Does the way Arden talks bug anyone else? It's like she has her jaw permanently clenched and is speaking through her teeth. It's weird!

Share Post

A friend who lives there told me that Luci actually was having an affair with the boyfriend before she split from the ex-husband.  

Share Post

Arden reminds me someone and I can't figure out who.  It's driving me crazy.

Has she been on any other shows?

Share Post

A friend who lives there told me that Luci actually was having an affair with the boyfriend before she split from the ex-husband.

Thanks for the tidbit. Luci is not as innocent as she seems. She seems kind of emotionally needy.

I enjoyed watching Jaime at work on last night's episode. She has some well known clients ranging from A listers (Wayne Brady) to D listers (Shanna Moakler).

Share Post

I liked watching Jaime work as well. She also seems pretty natural around the clients, so I think these are real relationships. I still like her, I like that she is who she is, but not to the point where she forces it on others. 

Arden not moving her face freaks me out a little as well!

Agree with Luci being needy. The cheating thing is sad, but it actually explains the acceleration of the relationship. I know older relationships move faster, but wouldn't a single mom be more careful about introducing her kids to something that is still in the exploratory phase? Plus, fairytale? She has to at least be in her 30s, it seems kind of silly for an adult, divorced mom to cry about a fairytale. We have to accept reality, and create relationships that reflect that. There is no such fairytale, even the perfect relationships have both parties putting in effort!

Share Post

Does the way Arden talks bug anyone else? It's like she has her jaw permanently clenched and is speaking through her teeth. It's weird!

It certainly bothers me, but it can be kind of fun to imitate. During the last show, I practiced talking to my dogs without moving my face. Perhaps Arden would be a good ventriloquist. She already doesn't move her face. Now all she has to do is learn to throw her voice.

Share Post

So glad to see others are liking this. I was really, really reluctant to watch, afraid she would personify what BRAVO seems to think is a typical New Jersey woman, judging from RHONJ. However, Jamie speaks well, seems intelligent,  seems to genuinely like her friends and to be a good friend. In other words the polar opposite of the "other" Jersey show.

My mom and, of course all my aunts on that side were  from the deep south, so even though I was raised in So. CA.I often feel like I had a more "Southern" upbringing. I was certainly raised as if manners were everything, so I find the othe women quite interesting too. 

I'm in. Looking forward to the season.

Edited by chlban.

Share Post

Some of the things Jayme says I can so relate too.  Yes, we throw money in a card as a wedding gift! LOL  Also, cannoli's and/or lasagna (or any other food dish) is what you bring when helping out with a dish at a bridal shower.

I'm amazed at the monogramming and the "proper attire" needed at bridal shower's etc.

Edited by JerseyGirl.

Share Post

Some of the things Jayme says I can so relate too. Yes, we throw money in a card as a wedding gift! LOL Also, cannoli's and/or lasagna (or any other food dish) is what you bring when helping out with a dish at a bridal shower.

I'm amazed at the monogramming and the "proper attire" needed at bridal shower's etc.

Me, too. I was talking out loud to the tv, really surprised, saying, "Oh, that's frowned upon? Everybody shakes a card to see if money's falling out. And whaddya mean? Lasagna is for everything!"

Share Post

I finally figured out who Arden reminds me of...Dana Perino, G.W. Bush's press secretary. 

I was thinking a slightly older version of Scarlet from that show Nashville. Jamie reminds me of Edie Brickell.

I didn't think I would like this show but I too have been made Bravo's bitch with this one. 

Share Post

I was really hesitant to watch this because of shows like RHNJ. I'm from NJ myself and was pleasantly surprised to find myself liking it. Like, a lot, enough to make a big old batch of lasagna :D

I'm in for the whole season and once again, I'm Bravo's bitch.

Share Post

I'm another of those doubters who thought this might be just another Shriek Show from Bravo, and I am happy to be wrong. Other than not being able to sort out all the players quite yet, I really like the show. Jaime seems pretty genuine, and her husband is definitely cut from the same pattern as ol' T-Rav. I finally figured out that clench-jaw Arden is a dead ringer for Emily Proctor's West Wing character, Ainsley Hayes...that was driving me nuts until this morning. I'm in for the duration with these Belles! 

Share Post

It certainly bothers me, but it can be kind of fun to imitate. During the last show, I practiced talking to my dogs without moving my face. Perhaps Arden would be a good ventriloquist. She already doesn't move her face. Now all she has to do is learn to throw her voice.

Even in her wedding photos she has that look.

Share Post

Even in her wedding photos she has that look.

So, one should not bring lasagna to a bridal shower, but one may have an MJ impersonator at her frou-frou wedding? It seemed out of place. I loved MJ, but I didn't expect that. Not there.

Share Post

I went shopping and out to dinner in Mountain Brook yesterday. Didn't see anyone from Jersey Belle. LOL !

Share Post

I largely like the show, but I can already feel myself getting tired of Jamie's schtick. I get that she's on a tv show, but I feel like she's playing up everything to a degree that's bordering on annoying. For instance, the whole "check-as-a-wedding-gift" thing. Do you mean to tell me that when Jamie gets invited to the weddings/events of one of her clients, she just stuffs a check in an envelope? I get the whole fish out of water thing, but at some point, I just feel like she made the decision to live there and should maybe lay off of criticizing everything that reads as Mountain Brook or Southern. After all, her kids are going to grow up more like Arden than like Jamie, so she might want to lay off the constant bashing.

Share Post

Color me surprised that there isn't petty issues, but actual real life relatable situations.  I do think that Jaime still has the Jersey in her, but perhaps living down south has softened the edges a little :)

Share Post

I laughed so hard:

Arden:  Jamie finally does arrive, she and her BLACK LEATHER JACKET show up.  I look at her and think, everybody's gonna think this is My Cousin Vinny's sister.

note to self:  do not wear a black leather jacket to a southern wedding. 

Share Post

What I like about this show is that there seems to be genuine AFFECTION among the women.  They all seem to be friends -- at least with Jaimie, they seem genuinely to be friends, and she is genuinely there for them.  Occasional snark ("let's toast to the end of Arden's wedding!") but nothing out of control. 

And, I like that the situations seem real.  Fertility issues, dating post-divorce, do we have another baby...They may or may not be your cup of tea issues, but they are real.

Share Post

So are we being led to believe that in next week's episode Jamie propositions some pregnant chick for her baby (jokingly, I assume), and in return the girl's friend says "I got a baby for ya"?? Uh, what the hell?! And then she talks to her husband about it...? That's bizarre, even for Bravo standards.

Share Post

What I like about this show is that there seems to be genuine AFFECTION among the women.  They all seem to be friends -- at least with Jaimie, they seem genuinely to be friends, and she is genuinely there for them.  Occasional snark ("let's toast to the end of Arden's wedding!") but nothing out of control. 

And, I like that the situations seem real.  Fertility issues, dating post-divorce, do we have another baby...They may or may not be your cup of tea issues, but they are real.

This hit me last night as I was watching. I was seeng geunuine friendships. Where you really care about your friends MIL concerns, or breakups or whatever, but genuine affection.

That is what is so not there with the HoWives any more.  

OTOH. Baby mania? Really? Again? Someone at BRAVO must have serious fertility issues. The friend (sorry can't name them all yet) with the fertility issues was fine, it was real and it was peripheral.  But last night was the first episode of this I totally tuned out and starting reading.   

BRAVO, it's been done. Kenya, the ludicruous try with Tamra. The friend, fine. Jamie? I will give it one more week. If babygate continues to dominate, I'm out. 

Share Post

I have lived in Alabama all my life, and bridal shower food has always consisted of light finger foods such as little crustless sandwiches, cheese straws, fruit, petit fours, mints, nuts etc. I am curious about what else is typically is served at a New Jersey (or anywhere else up north) bridal shower along with lasagna, which seems to me to be a heavier dinner item and pretty messy. Do you serve a meal? Thanks in advance for the insight!

Share Post

I like Jaime & her friends too. I do have a concern as to her sorta badmouthing her MIL. Seems bad form to me.

Share Post

Like others, I didn't think I would like this show either but I really do.  Everything seems genuine (at least as much as a reality show can.)  Watching it makes this Georgia raised gal a bit homesick.

I love Jaime's husband's voice and drawl.  Hot.

Share Post

I have lived in Alabama all my life, and bridal shower food has always consisted of light finger foods such as little crustless sandwiches, cheese straws, fruit, petit fours, mints, nuts etc. I am curious about what else is typically is served at a New Jersey (or anywhere else up north) bridal shower along with lasagna, which seems to me to be a heavier dinner item and pretty messy. Do you serve a meal? Thanks in advance for the insight!

I was born and raised in Georgia and have lived in Alabama for 12 years. Almost every shower that I've ever been to was as you describe with light foods. Also I don't think I've ever been to one that was covered dish (pot luck). The hostess or hostesses always provided all the food.

Share Post