All Episodes Talk: Bad Acting & Barely Disguised Aussie Accents

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

I didn't care that they devoted an entire episode to the Lizzy Borden case, and I seem to recall them doing a segment on LB before.  That episode must have been made to coincide with that Lizzy Borden special ID aired around the time Lifetime aired their boring Lizzy Borden movie.

Share Post

There is one episode that really confuses me: the one that covers the Theresa Cross Knorr case (abused and murdered two of her three daughters by shooting one and the other locked in a hot closet and set one of them on fire when disposing the body and used her two sons as accomplices). 

I saw a Cold Case Files episode about ten years ago that interviewed Terry Knorr (the surviving daughter) and at the end said she died in 2003 from a massive heart attack. However, in the Deadly Women episode that aired years later, she was there telling her tale and it wasn't archived footage or anything. I did a Google search and at that time, it looked like she was still alive given the Facebook page with private pictures of her taken with a computer camera (judging by the quality) that were obviously of her. Then it said she died in 2011.

I just found that really odd.

Share Post

I remember the "Cold Case Files" episode myself.  I couldn't remember if it mentioned Terry's death at the end or not.  I do remember at least one episode of some true crime show that did.  Didn't they do that case on "American Justice" or some show like that, too?

Share Post

I don't remember Cold Case Files mentioning Terry Knorr's death because I was shocked when I found out about it later.

Share Post

I appreciate that they put the pictures up of the real women they profiled after their segments.  Deadly Women is a lot better at casting people who resemble the parties involved than most other ID productions.

Candice DeLong is wearing a short wig this season.

Share Post

just watched segment on Jamila Murbarak (not sure of spelling), apparently she killed her Duke husband in France. I wasn't paying a lot attention until the French accented police official was interviewing her - all I could think of was Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther. Probably shouldn't be laughing at someone being accused of murder, but couldn't help myself. 

Let me correct this a little, I misstated. What I laughed was the French police official, not Ms M'Barek (thank you Admiranda for the info). It was so Inspector Clouseau, I couldn't really listen, I was busy laughing.

Edited by friendperidot.

Share Post

I hope my dear friends can help me with this latest episode of Deadly Women: Granny Gets Her Gun!  I missed the LAST five minutes because our cable cut out!!  This was the story of the couple in Oklahoma, elderly couple, wife wanted to move to Florida, so hubby went with her.  His kids called to talk to him, and she kept telling them he had a sore throat, etc, and couldn't talk.  She would tell everyone else her hubby left her and moved back to Oklahoma.  I GUESS she killed him, but I didn't see it!  Can anyone recap this, please?

Share Post

Nevermind the above post.  They re-ran the episode, and I found out she buried him in the HERB GARDEN!

Share Post

I've started watching this show and others on ID Discovery channel.  It's very amusing. It really does give you reason for pause though.  Man, you think you found the love of your life and then BAM, an ice pick in the eyeball!  lol 

Share Post

The "barely disguised Aussie accents" is the reason I no-longer watch this show.

I was concentrating more on the accents then the actual crime that was being featured

Share Post