Kelly Ripa

News about the former Casa de Consuelos.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/09/26/kelly-ripa-penthouse-for-20-million/

A lavishly renovated duplex penthouse at the 76 Crosby Street Condominiums, a 19th-century brick warehouse whose post-condo-conversion aliases include the Bayard and 81 Spring Street, sold for $20 million and was the most expensive sale of the week, according to city records. Listed at $24.5 million in 2013, the apartment has monthly carrying costs of $10,278....The penthouse underwent a two-year face-lift after being purchased in 2005 for $9.5 million by Kelly Ripa, the morning television personality, and her husband, Mark Consuelos, an actor. The couple had previously owned a simplex floor-through loft in the building, but craved more space for their brood and made the upwardly vertical move. Early last year, they evidently began to crave a non-SoHo address and put the trophy abode on the market.

Share Post

anyone know where the Consuelos' are spending their Christmas? 

and yes I do have a life, hehe

Share Post

Kelly was great last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live. She reminded me of the old Kelly, very genuine! She recycled some stories but not as bad as on Live. It was a fun interview!

Share Post

Kelly should never mock Lola again after that embarrassing video Jimmy showed of her as a teen in Dance Party? WTF kind of weird fake accent was she using? She was the weird wannabe cheerleader! How did she ever get cast in any show?

Share Post

There's a good discussion going on in the Episodes thread about Kelly and Regis' relationship.

My take is that Regis was likely battling Disney suits for some time over certain things about the show.  My guess is that Kelly didn't see things his way and "voted" to go with the network flow like a good soldier.  To my eyes, things were frosty between them for a good long while - well before the announcement of Regis' decision to leave.

Kathie Lee simply adored Regis from day one.  Perhaps it was the bond of being frustrated singers?  I sensed respect for Regis from Kelly, yes.  However, I didn't see touchy-feely warmth.  

I believe Kelly is a generation too-far removed to have a true appreciation for Regis.  He had some definite old-fashioned TV sensibilities which I doubt she understood.  

Generically, having worked in TV, I have seen the gamut of relationships in on-air talent first hand.  A studio, and the medium itself, is cold.  The pressure to not be free - to play a role/part. is immense.   The artificiality of everything is quite something.  The egos can be stunning.  Real warmth and affection is most definitely the exception and not the rule.  

Share Post

Thanks for the insight into the egos and everything else involved with tv-land.

For a long time, I thought things were not so nicey-nice with Reege and Kelly while they were both hosting.  I felt Kelly was very passive-aggressive in both word and deed and I could never understand why since Live! was truly her golden ticket.

These days I find her intolerable which is why Live! is no longer must-see tv for me.  Sadly, when Reege & KL ended their run on the show, things went south very quickly and don't think the magic those two created will ever be duplicated, and all parties know that---Regis, Kathie Lee and Mrs. Consuelos.

What passes for entertainment and host chat now pales in comparison to what once was.

Share Post

i agree, Kelly was passive aggressive, and also pretty outward with her insults to Regis.

The fact he didn't tell her about retiring makes Me wonder if he really felt she was not trustworthy, or maybe he found her just plain nasty in the end. Her behavior was pretty rude.

I think Kelly did a little more than go along with the studio, I think when her contract negotiations came up, Kelly wanted to know when she would be the star of the show. I think that underneath her false modesty, and innocent act, Kelly has an inflated idea of herself, , and so did the studio. When she took over after Regis left her "talent" was embarrassing. I have to say, she and Disney both deserved the mess they made .

I like Michael, mostly because like Regis he is pretty much acting himself, not too pretentious. He is natural on screen, but the show is no way what it was.

I saw an interview where Kelly was asked if she saw Regis, and she said , no, but she was sure she would one day. She acted all cutesy and phony about it, not at all honest.

It is indeed interesting that Kelly seems to be the one not speaking to Regis. He has talked about seeing Gelman, and Schully seems so happy to see him cohost with KathyLee on the Today show last year, she was at the taping.

I think the thing that most unlikable about Kelly is how fake she is. She is likable at times, but during FF that is where I think Kelly just comes across like a pretentious person, how really has forgotten where she came from.

Kathie Lee can be annoying, but to this day I don't see her as fake, or a liar.

I also remember that at one time Regis made a joke how much he did for her. Kelly got all serious and bitchy, and said "oh no". Umm yes Kelly, you succeeded in nothing but your cancelled soap, and then when Regis left you drive the show to a 20 year low in rarings, and Michael had to rescue! I have a feeling that even Disney knows that, while they stroke Kelly's big ego.

At this point, Kelly is pretty much second fiddle, while she sits in the star chair and wears designer clothing, the fact that Kelly prepares for oscars by pret bring to know about movies she never sees, and gets Botox, lash extensions and a gown, says it sll about her.

Share Post

Kelly Ripa to be honored by GLAAD, Anderson Cooper will present the award

"For over a decade, Kelly Ripa has greeted millions of viewers with messages of acceptance and inclusion," GLAAD president Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement. "By sharing inclusive stories with her audience and loudly voicing support for her LGBT friends and fans, Kelly is helping to drive acceptance forward."

Congrats to Kelly.

Edited by junemeatcleaver.

Share Post

Anderson Cooper's presentation and Kelly's acceptance speech at the GLAAD Awards:

Wow, Lola looks so much like Kelly when she was younger.

Share Post

Has anyone noticed this past week something is off with Kelly's smile? It's like she can't smile very wide. I wonder if she had dental work or something

Share Post

Has anyone noticed this past week something is off with Kelly's smile? It's like she can't smile very wide. I wonder if she had dental work or something

Yes, I noticed that too, but thought it was my imagination.  But, come to think of it, she may have had her face tightened!!??

Share Post

I saw in some magazine when I as getting my hair done (OK, maybe?) where Justin Bieber listed the women he finds "hot" (or whatever word was used), and Kelly made the list! But sorry, Kelly, you're out of luck, he respects that you're married and won't make a move. 

Share Post

...."a series of accidents".....

Kelly Ripa to Receive Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/kelly-ripa-hollywood-walk-of-fame-star-1201610748/

(video kicks in at 22:22)

(the Disney bigwigs out in force...no Faith, no Regis.....)

(Kelly wows the crowd  @40:00)

(Paparrazzi mayhem @48:00)

(Mom and Dad @51:00)

How to Get a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/16/how-to-get-a-star-on-the-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

Edited by SanDiegoInExile.

Share Post

I know those stars are BS but still congrats to her.  I doubt they give a star to everyone willing to beg and pay for one.

Share Post

Well, you have to actually be a star before you can have one.

So congrats to Kelly, her speech was lovely.

Share Post

I doubt they give a star to everyone willing to beg and pay for one.

Unless Kim Kardashian gets one some day :)

Share Post

omg, felt a bit sorry/embarassed for Essie, Kelly's mom.  What was she wearing?  I would've thought Kelly would give her a little help in the 'styling' department.  White slingbacks, white stockings and a white beach hat?  

The kids looked nice; Lola seemed self-conscious in her outfit, she kept fidgeting with the top, making sure it was down, as though she was afraid the short top would be revealing her tummy.

Edited by finnzup.

Share Post

thought it was nice.  Kelly seems to have a reputation as being very nice.  have we ever heard anything about her that wasn't?  Her mother looks frail.  Her wrists are smaller than Kelly's.  Maybe she isn't well.  I would bet Kelly would do whatever her mother wanted/would let her.  

Share Post

Kelly really could have not had the star in Hollywood if she really really was so not into it.    George Clooney was not willing to go to the ceremony, he did not want that attention,so they didn't give him that star.

In order the get the star you must have someone nominate you -and pay $30,000.   And you must agree to show up for the award ceremony.   

So basically the award is bought by someone.  I am wondering if ABC nominated Kelly for the star, since she has been kissing their butts and thanking them more than anyone else.  

It's good publicity for ABC, and I don't believe that Kelly really didn't want the award. She's too narcissistic to not get into that.

Share Post

Kelly really could have not had the star in Hollywood if she really really was so not into it.    George Clooney was not willing to go to the ceremony, he did not want that attention,so they didn't give him that star.

In order the get the star you must have someone nominate you -and pay $30,000.   And you must agree to show up for the award ceremony.   

So basically the award is bought by someone.  I am wondering if ABC nominated Kelly for the star, since she has been kissing their butts and thanking them more than anyone else.  

It's good publicity for ABC, and I don't believe that Kelly really didn't want the award. She's too narcissistic to not get into that.

EXACTLY!!!

Share Post

Please. There are over 2,500 stars on the Walk of Fame, so they're all narcissistic? Or is Kelly some special vain celebrity unlike the others who got a star because... why, exactly? The only purpose of the star is to self-congratulate, and it's become a great tourist destination.

And to say Clooney doesn't want a star because he doesn't want the attention, well, I present Exhibit A - his three-day weddingpalooza that had press covering every moment. It won't be long before he and Amal are unveiling a star, I'm sure. And I like George Clooney and his bride, but let's not be naive about the nature of celebrity.

Share Post

I don't think Kelly is a horrible person.I think in her personal life, she is a good mom, she seems to be good to her friends, and she is probably a very giving person.  What I don't care for her how she has morphed as an on screen personality. 

I think she did work hard at first. I remember her being pregnant and running from the soap to Live.  She was real and sincere from what I saw.

Now it's hard for me to tolerate watching her so much.  She just comes off as so phony, and doesn't do much to prepare except her hair, make up and wardrobe.  Her stint solo really showed how lacking in skill she is.  She nearly killed a show in the ratings that was on for decades.   Michael saved the ratings.  Thankfully they toned down Kelly's needs to show her  12 year old  humor raunchy side.

Good for her for getting the star. The fact it is bought and paid for makes sense.   She may have been a little uncomfortable, but she could have not taken it if it bothered her so much.   

What I see of her, she seems to really love attention quite a bit, she spends a lot of her time staring at herself in the monitor, and her behavior during FF is also of someone very into  herself and her looks.  So spare me if I don't believe she was pained by getting all of the attention for the star.

As far as her mom is concerned,  it kind of seems like her mom has some emotional problems.  She looks frail, and from the stories Kelly tells, it sounds like her mom is very fearful, and has some kind or problem.   The sad part is that Kelly at her age mocks her mom, when from all indications, her mom has had this kind of fear issue since Kelly was a child,  I don't get why she would do that when it's kind of obvious that her mom might have some serious issues.   

Share Post

In order the get the star you must have someone nominate you -and pay $30,000.

I would hope ABC didn't stick her with the $30K bill. I mean, I have no doubt she has the money (and then some) but it doesn't seem fair to have to pay for your own "award".

Share Post

I would hope ABC didn't stick her with the $30K bill. I mean, I have no doubt she has the money (and then some) but it doesn't seem fair to have to pay for your own "award".

I doubt they did so that, but if they did, it's like $200 to a normal person.

Too bad that Kelly held such a grudge against Regis. She would be an unemployed soap star , and never have her lifestyle if it wasn't for him. She couldn't succeed in anything else . Her childish behavior about him not telling her he ezs leaving a head of time says a lot about her, no matter how nice she acts .

Share Post

Too bad that Kelly held such a grudge against Regis.

She does?  They are not friends and he has been off the show for years now, does she need to say a prayer to Saint Regis at the beginning of every episode to prove she's sufficiently grateful?

Share Post

Too bad that Kelly held such a grudge against Regis. She would be an unemployed soap star , and never have her lifestyle if it wasn't for him. 

I suspect she has no grudge.  And as much as Regis is beloved in the industry and by his fanbase, he did not hire Kelly Ripa.  Sure, he likely had veto power, but the executives and producers of Buena Vista Television (and ABC syndication) are the ones who put her in Kathie Lee's chair and also opted to keep her around when Regis would not agree to a suitable contract.

I also have no doubt that those producers and executives gave explicit direction that she minimize/eliminate every mention of Regis ("Kelly, this is a whole new show. We don't want to dwell on the past. We're giving you a brand new beautiful set, going to find a perfect co-host. No one wants to see you reminisce about your days on the Notre Dame campus, or chit chat aimlessly about Joey Bishop -- your audiences grandparents barely even know who that was.  This is your show, make it your own, cuz in a few years, next contract time, we're going to Regis-ize you.  Anyone can do this, we don't need to pay anyone $20M, so enjoy it while you can").  

At the Hollywood Star event, she did not mention that her star was next to Regis. Nor was he apparently invited.  Yet the president of ABC and several other major executives were there.  On the show, she told Strahan that there was space for his star on the sidewalk "right between Regis' and mine".  I can also think of more than a few times when she has mentioned Regis by name and Gelman seemingly goes apoplectic, quickly changing subjects.

Kelly is 40 years younger than Regis and straight.  Kelly has made it clear that she prefers to hang with her gay posse and/or the other moms from kids' school. What grudge could there possibly be.  Now, a grudge from Regis about Kelly?  That seems wildly possible.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile.

Share Post

Official Post

To "spice up this thread" anyone have a good idea for a funny/amusing/creative/witty rename of this thread?

Kelly Ripa - "Your Awesome Idea...."

Share Post

Fox announced Friday they were moving the final season of Bones from the Fall Schedule--where it was on Thursdays (I think)--to midseason. Mark's new show, Pitch, which was supposed to start at midseason, when they announced the schedule at Fox's Upfront presentation, is replacing Bones on the Fall Schedule.

Share Post

Kelly needs a younger cohost who can relate to younger actors like James McAvoy...who I have loved since The Lion, Witch,cand Wardrobe.  He's in the Xmen movies which I doubt Kelly has seen unless she watched with Joachim.

She also stepped on the compliments that McEvoy was giving Fred this morning for the Wonder Years. You wd think she cd keep quiet, but the  ego is powerful in this one. 

Kelly is not a good  actress cuz i have noticed she over - exaggerates her interested,  listening face, as well as other emotions. It's looks so phony.  She no longer shows the clever repartee when she first started with Regis.  Also, stammering uh uh uh .......seriously she can't get rid of that poor habit? Not impressed. Fred is coming off as sweet and likable, so I doubt he will be the new co host.

Edited by Tosia.

Share Post

I feel that her over-exaggerating everything emotionally has hit a new high since the co-hosting started.  Could not agree with you more, Tosia.   Feeling some 2nd hand embarrassment for Kelly even.

Share Post

That said, she still has distain for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette which I can appreciate. LOL!!!

Share Post

Have any of you seen Kellmee's new line of home goods with Macy's?  OMG, so surprised to see sheets, pillows, furniture...........wow, when did all this happen?  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  

Share Post

I know I'm stating the obvious but Kelly & Mark have gray chemistry. When one was about to tell a story the other starts smiling because they know what the other is going to say. She posted some pictures on Twitter of Michael's graduation & Lola's Birthday. She may be super rich & obnoxious but her kids seem like very well adjusted kids who are well behaved & nice. Of course, I don't live with them and they are probably terrors at home like all teenagers. LOL!!!

Share Post

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I know I'm stating the obvious but Kelly & Mark have gray chemistry. When one was about to tell a story the other starts smiling because they know what the other is going to say. She posted some pictures on Twitter of Michael's graduation & Lola's Birthday. She may be super rich & obnoxious but her kids seem like very well adjusted kids who are well behaved & nice. Of course, I don't live with them and they are probably terrors at home like all teenagers. LOL!!!

Her kids do seem "normal".  We've never seen a story in a tabloid about any of them, doesn't mean they haven't been mouthy teenagers, but, not in print.  Both Kelly and Mark come from families where their parents have been married for a very long time so I would think their expectation was to stay married.  I think it also helps that they are of the same faith as both their families and makes all those decisions about the kids a foregone conclusion.  I am not disparaging mixed marriages - I am in one of them and they can work well too.  Just saying they have a lot going for them to stay married and raise children probably the way they were raised, for the most part.  And I still think Kelly is sort of playing a part on the show.  If she were that awful, she wouldn't have friends that stuck with her for as long as she says and we'd be hearing many more stories of her diva ways.

Share Post

4 hours ago, finnzup said:

Have any of you seen Kellmee's new line of home goods with Macy's?  OMG, so surprised to see sheets, pillows, furniture...........wow, when did all this happen?  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  

No, I haven't been to Macy's, but I was surprised to see Kelly's home fabrics at JoAnn's abt 2 weeks ago!   When I think of home decorators,  Kelly's name does not come to mind,  so this is weird. Lending her image and name to soft linens is another dollar in her bank. Not my style.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Tosia said:

No, I haven't been to Macy's, but I was surprised to see Kelly's home fabrics at JoAnn's abt 2 weeks ago!   When I think of home decorators,  Kelly's name does not come to mind,  so this is weird. Lending her image and name to soft linens is another dollar in her bank. Not my style.

I would have to agree that when I think of Kelly it doesn't scream home decorating. I've seen pictures of her NYC home and it's very stark, modern & white. I'm sure it's all about branding yourself for lots of $$$$$$$. Everyone talks about her $20 Million a year for doing live. I can't imagine how much more she makes with her endorsements. Another 20 Mill???

Share Post

I don't think that picture is from the party. I feel like I have seen it before.

Share Post

From @SNOWYDAZE in the All Episode Talk thread:

"The fact she pretends she never had a female looking body is ridiculous. She used to look average and not  like a "little fella", when she was at a normal weight as a teen, and before she started her extreme diet and exercise routine.    Oh, and Mark posted a picture of her on their latest vacation in a bikini and called her a little fella".  Ok, whatever! LOL"

Kelly Ripa as Hayley Santos:

image.jpg

Share Post

I think Mark's preferance is the 'little fella' look.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I think Mark's preferance is the 'little fella' look.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

'Cuz he didn't have a choice? 

He fell in love with the HayleyKelly.

Agree, nothing wrong with anyone's preferences. 

Share Post

Oh wow! Actual boobs! Even if they're squished together and pushed up to kingdom come, she actually HAD something to squish together and push up. If Mark prefers today's Kelly, then he has some weird ideas of what makes a woman attractive. Maybe he's even partly to blame for the way she looks now. Who knows. I thought it was pretty funny the other day when Fred Savage was hosting. Kelly mentioned (for the thousandth time) that she gained 68 pounds when she was pregnant with Michael. Fred's reply:. "That's another you!" (or maybe it was "Thats a whole you!")  She laughed, and I wondered if she was embarrassed or proud. 

Edited by MzTori77.

Share Post

She was totally healthy looking for her run in AMC. In fact, her first 2 years or so she looked liked the stereotypical freshman 15 when she started playing Haley Vaughn. When she started hosting Live in 2001 she looked great and was a few weeks/months pregnant and had dark hair. During, the last 10 years is when she became sort of anorexic and "addicted" to working out. I hate when talks about how flat she is (now she is) like she's always has been which isn't quite true. Either she or Mark like it skinny. 

Share Post

Another example this week of her weight obsession.  I think it was Mark co-hosting, but not sure. They were talking about not being good at math. I can't remember exactly how she put it, but Kelly said word problems are very hard for her - until she thinks of it in terms of weight.  If she can think of it as pounds, it's easy for her. 

Share Post

On July 1, 2016 at 4:13 PM, ByaNose said:

She was totally healthy looking for her run in AMC. In fact, her first 2 years or so she looked liked the stereotypical freshman 15 when she started playing Haley Vaughn. When she started hosting Live in 2001 she looked great and was a few weeks/months pregnant and had dark hair. During, the last 10 years is when she became sort of anorexic and "addicted" to working out. I hate when talks about how flat she is (now she is) like she's always has been which isn't quite true. Either she or Mark like it skinny. 

I think she started weight loss thing on AMC but back then she was just dieting, not exercising.  I recall her being super skinny in scenes with CM who played Ryan.  There was a lot of buzz then about her being anorexic or having an eating disorder.  She did gain weight again and had the pregnancies later, and then she got into diet and exercise to get skinny.  That's my recollection.

There's a lot of pressure on young female actresses to be skinny, so I think she just got swept away by that and that is how she sees herself now.  She probably looks at photos of herself when she was what we think is ideal or normal weight as being too fat.

Share Post