What's For Dinner?

We had pea and sausage risotto. It’s hard to find good Italian sausages here I live, so this was the best that we could do. Apple pie for dessert. 104F04C5-C172-4E22-A772-9C3D3B85C5F2.jpeg.7a907be2b81de1a5e704d49167d01d07.jpeg4E13B45E-C3AD-4D7C-B74B-369961A36592.jpeg.b63e48625ed6f9deefaf66910a94c104.jpeg

Share Post

This was dinner last night - Envy Soup.

My horrible brother sent me a pic of what he was having at Mom’s midweek and I was instantly envious of their soup,

but it took a few days to get my ingredients together (had to make some bone broth first & get some of the right veggies restocked). 

96D275D1-1555-4FBD-9BBE-94832047686A.jpeg

Share Post

Smoked salmon quiche with roasted red pepper and goat cheese and an arugula salad with a red wine vinegarstte.

Share Post

It was a breakfast for dinner night here -- egg white scramble with bacon, asparagus, spinach, and gruyere.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

It was a breakfast for dinner night here -- egg white scramble with bacon, asparagus, spinach, and gruyere.

Some sort of breakfast for dinner is a staple for at least once every two weeks for me. I usually have some sort of omelette.

Share Post

Breakfast for dinner is a very popular thing at my house too.

Share Post

Beef stew for dinner along with that tomato/avocado/onion "salad" we like. 

Share Post

Just about ready to head out of work and it is a rainy day so I don't really feel like cooking. I am feeling in the mood for some Chinese Food. Called in for pick up on some Sesame Chicken, Pork Fried Rice, Wonton Soup, and Egg Roll.

Share Post

Pot roast on egg noodles with a ton of vegetables and chocolate banana rum milkshakes for dessert. 

Share Post

On 11/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, mansonlamps said:

I tried this method and agree it is quite delicious.  I normally use boneless, skinless thighs, but will add this to the rotation now.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Share Post

Way too busy so dinner was Snickers candybar. I volunteer as a clerk processing voters & we got slammed at our precinct polling place.

Share Post

On 10/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, chessiegal said:

Grilled hot dog on a toasted pretzel bun with mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. Today is my 68th birthday - I told my husband I feel like I reverted 60 years. :-}

Hope you had a great birthday! 

Share Post

17 hours ago, Giselle said:

Way too busy so dinner was Snickers candybar. I volunteer as a clerk processing voters & we got slammed at our precinct polling place.

I miss helping at the polling place, but I no longer have the stamina necessary for the obscenely long hours.  I remember how grateful we were to receive leftover Halloween candy on voting day, & now I always encourage people to donate theirs to those poor souls.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, fairffaxx said:

I miss helping at the polling place, but I no longer have the stamina necessary for the obscenely long hours. 

Oh my - this made me go check my County Clerk's website to see that, yes, they work the entire day, from set up before the polls open to clean up after the polls close, about 15 hours on average, all for a very small check.  I thought there would be two shifts!  Thank you for bringing this to my attention; I always thank the poll workers, but in future I will also bring goodies.

Share Post

Devil’s chicken thighs, braised leeks and scalloped potatoes.

Share Post

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Devil’s chicken thighs, braised leeks and scalloped potatoes.

Mmm, mm that sounds so good! I'm having beef stroganoff with a garden salad.

Share Post

We have friends from Alabama coming to stay with us tomorrow for a few days. They are going to be guinea pigs for slow cooker lasagna I'm making in my Crock Pot Casserole Slow Cooker. The recipe came with the slow cooker, and doesn't need to cook the regular lasagna noodles ahead of time. I'll serve it with a green salad.

ETA: Lasagna turned out great.

Edited by chessiegal.

Share Post

A little later I am going to grill a chicken breast and roast some asparagus and throw together some wild rice in a pan. 

Share Post

Pasta Carbonara and an arugula salad. I taught a few seven year olds how to make a few diffeeent kinds of cookies so will have them for dessert.

Share Post

Today was a "use up leftover ingredients from last week and vegetable scraps" sort of dinner:

*A combination of whole wheat and lentil pasta with Fra Diavolo sauce, fresh mozzarella, and garlic powder.

*Sauteed carrot greens, kale stems and leaves, radish greens, and tomatoes, in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. This is a recipe I make frequently because my husband loves it (and he doesn't like most vegetables) and it's a good way to use up things like kale stems and carrot greens to prevent food waste (also, spices or dried herbs you want to use up). The kale stems have to be added to the pan first, then the carrot greens several minutes later, and they should be sliced into small pieces. The kale leaves and tomatoes only have to cook for a couple of minutes.

*Boiled sliced acorn squash and pears, some produce from previous shopping trips I had to use up before it went bad. I wanted to put cinnamon on it but I just finished the cinnamon today, and also it would probably be better roasted but I don't have a roasting pan right now, but it still turned out good.

For dessert I'm going to have some BarkThins dark chocolate with coconut and almonds.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave.

Share Post

Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes w/ Onion & Black Forest Ham; and steamed asparagus w/ a Thousand Island-ish type dressing for a "dip". And for dessert...sinfully delicious cinnamon rolls w/ that wonderful cream cheese frosting from Harris Teeter's bakery (oy vey, they are sooooo good--the cinnamon is especially wonderful).  Tomorrow?  Celery and water (heh).

Share Post

For reasons known only to him my boyfriends brother brought us a dozen croissants this morning before he left for home so I made a ham and cheese croissant cassorole. 

Share Post

On 11/7/2018 at 6:30 PM, fairffaxx said:

I miss helping at the polling place, but I no longer have the stamina necessary for the obscenely long hours.  I remember how grateful we were to receive leftover Halloween candy on voting day, & now I always encourage people to donate theirs to those poor souls.

Our core group has been together for some time. With the one meal break we all bring snacks for everyone for the rest of the day. This year I made a cake to celebrate someones birthday that was 3 days away. We get so busy after 5 that there really is no time for a snack break.

I like being part of the process in my own little way, helping people exercise their right to vote. I look forward to it but am glad when the long day is over.

Share Post