BAPs : All Episodes Talk

I had no idea for a title. All I got was Be a Ass in Public, not really classy and I was not sure it was a proper english wording.

Did they really have the women re-enact the fight they got two years ago ? Did I dreamt that ? Or is it a spin-off of a show I've never heard of before and it was footage from it ?

Other than that : same old same old. You trashed me, I trash you. I cry. You cry. You're a bad mother. I'm a good mother and you're a bad friend. 

I've never heard of BAP before so, there was that, good to learn something everyday on wikipedia but that was all. The show did nothing for me.

Edited by Pollock.

Share Post

Wasn't there a Halle Berry film of the same title? Anyway, I can't with this show. Regarding the "flashback," what the heck was that? Not Classy! Where was the refinement in bringing aluminum foil trays to a party? You'd think the event would be catered. This show is a straight up hot mess!

Share Post

"She put a hex on my womb?"

This is horrible.

And why St. Louis, vs. DC, Baltimore, ATL? I have a hard time imagining this is what became of the Jack and Jill crowd. A vocal fry does not a BAP make.

Horrible.

Edited by Jade Foxx.

Share Post

"She put a hex on my womb?"

This is horrible.

And why St. Louis, vs. DC, Baltimore, ATL? I have a hard time imagining this is what became of the Jack and Jill crowd. A vocal fry does not a BAP make.

Horrible.

Lol. The show lost me when this chick started talking about how she doesn't know anything about government cheese or gold chains. Because, obviously if you're black it's either eat gubment cheese or be a rich snob. Okay then.

Share Post

This was honest to God the longest 43 minutes of my life (and I'm including childbirth).

Lemme get out the way the stuff that was standalone hilarious for me.

1.  A hex on my womb

2.  I don't know anything about government cheese (this wasn't ha ha funny but inside joke funnny.  The thing is babes if you didn't know anything about government cheese, you couldn'tve called it up as any sort of reference).  Bob Johnson doesn't know about government cheese. 

3. Hail Baby Jesus!

I absolutely love Kristen's mother Bonnie.  She seems perfectly willing to attempt getting that girl together and read her child for filth if necessary.  And it's necessary.   Because.  Kristen is a bitch and hey I don't have any problem with bitches, I'm a bitch but she's not even the good kind.  Not likeable, not (I don't wanna say ever, but not one moment in this mess so far) kind and oozing derision.  Girl if you're so far above everybody else, gitchyosiddity ass outta here.   Actually you may not be that siddity, because I've never heard of "foe gras"  ::snort::

Do they get paid to say BAPs or something.  I mean if it's "not necessary to state you're a bap, that's kind of like saying you're an ivy league blueblood" then you're doing it wrong muffucah.  lol.  

Anisha is slightly less annoying to watch.  She cares too damn much for a friendship that Kristen is no longer invested in.  

Miss Rachel, the hairdresser?  ooh ya'll.  She messy as baby shit.  Your hairdresser is friends with your frenemy and you don't really see the conflict in there? 

Kendrick and all that cussin in front of the boy?  No sir.   P.S. Neesh?  he might be a good dude and I support fistpumping a man's hustle and all but he's not a new, old, or current world Jigga.  At all.  Lol.

Haven't we had enough foolishnes with scepters for one series.   On a related note, I did not know that BAPs shop at the dollar store.

I think I may heart Brandon in equal measure to the way I feel for Miss Bonnie.    For the following:   they're gonna realize it one day and just stop fighting, tambout, (teethsuck) girl this is stupid.   and:  all of it can be resolved with a drink or a fist.     A probable no to both but I love a dude who parses the mayhem.

p.s. Anisha, I think you meant to say ya'll are black like the Huxtables.  The Cosbys are a real family whose financial identity nobody's really all that familiar with, because they're not public flaunters.  

p.p.s.  Ruby, I hatechu Jodi.

Share Post

@ZaldamoWilder, don't trip. It ain't deep; it ain't deep. Lol! And I also thought it was refreshing to see Kristen's mom check her. Lots of times, folks on tv get a little sassy with elders or with a parent and nothing happens. But we never did play that when I was little, and I don't play it now. I wouldn't take a "whatever" either.

Share Post

andplusalso?   they're TERRIBLE at reading cue cards.

starting with episode 2, who's chugging everytime one of em says bap?

mama needs a new pair of choos, what's the spread on not making it past this season?

Share Post

So I can get alcohol poisoning? No, ma'am.

Share Post

Why? WHY??

So we can talk shit! Jump on in here, SnarkKitty. This is but one of many scratching posts for ya.

Share Post

Man "Muff" read Anisha for filth, to the floor, out to the street, and kicked her to the CURB. For such a good friend everything Anisha said to him at the symphony he was like bish please! "I like that word, is it a verb?" "it's a $%+@ing word!" so strange.

Share Post

I've only watched the first episode and if I intend to watch any more, I'm gonna need to have an alcoholic libation in hand.  I can't with folks who are all, "I don't know nothin' about the 'hood.  I ain't that kinda Black."  Sweethearts, please be advised: The face-to-face, weave-swinging foolishness y'all are on would fit right in in the 'hood.  Except here, there wouldn't be as much talking.  You spit in somebody's face or call somebody a terrible mother and you gon' need your hairdresser to reattach those scraggly ass wigs.  And if y'all so damn above those of us who weren't raised in "Cosby families", why don't your weaves and outfits look any better than the chick down the corner?  Us 'hood chicks could probably give y'all some pointers.

Oh, and BTW?  I'm a child of the struggle, too.  My parents might not have degrees and I might not have "come out" at a debutante ball, but my folks made sure I did better and had more than they did.  As children of the struggle, y'all should care more about those still struggling and maybe perhaps not be so damn nasty.

Whoo, Jesus!  I can't stand bougie folks!

Share Post

Wasn't there a Halle Berry film of the same title? Anyway, I can't with this show. Regarding the "flashback," what the heck was that? Not Classy! Where was the refinement in bringing aluminum foil trays to a party? You'd think the event would be catered. This show is a straight up hot mess!

Lol. The show lost me when this chick started talking about how she doesn't know anything about government cheese or gold chains. Because, obviously if you're black it's either eat gubment cheese or be a rich snob. Okay then.

I stumbled on this show while I was doing a 55 minute sweat session and thought I might be having a hallucination.  Is this show for real?  

To the lady in the red sequin dress and mink coat - 1982 called, they wanted to let you know that want their "luxury" wardrobe back.

And is that lady for real?  First off, real class doesn't sit around telling you that they are a princess of any variety, unless you're an actual princess of some variety!  Second, why the hell does she keep name dropping?  Oh, this guy is a lawyer - bitch no one asked, oh and he went to George Washington University - again, no one asked!  You know, most people I know who went to ivy league schools will never tell you about it, unless you directly ask.

And no it is not cute or classy to wear fucking gucci loafers with the damn green and red band in them.  That is not a "tight shoe game" thats desperation for someone to think you have money you probably don't have.

This show is just a way for people to have more negative images of black women.  Even if you have money, "class", and education, apparently none of that will make us classy enough to not spit at people.  And if we aren't ratchet and ghetto, apparently we are name dropping ninnies.

andplusalso?   they're TERRIBLE at reading cue cards.

mama needs a new pair of choos, what's the spread on not making it past this season?

If this shit gets renewed I'm calling Al Sharpeton and Obama to take action.  And this is my reaction having only made it 23 minutes through the first episode.

Share Post

I've only watched the first episode and if I intend to watch any more, I'm gonna need to have an alcoholic libation in hand.  I can't with folks who are all, "I don't know nothin' about the 'hood.  I ain't that kinda Black."  Sweethearts, please be advised: The face-to-face, weave-swinging foolishness y'all are on would fit right in in the 'hood.  Except here, there wouldn't be as much talking.  You spit in somebody's face or call somebody a terrible mother and you gon' need your hairdresser to reattach those scraggly ass wigs.  And if y'all so damn above those of us who weren't raised in "Cosby families", why don't your weaves and outfits look any better than the chick down the corner?  Us 'hood chicks could probably give y'all some pointers.

Oh, and BTW?  I'm a child of the struggle, too.  My parents might not have degrees and I might not have "come out" at a debutante ball, but my folks made sure I did better and had more than they did.  As children of the struggle, y'all should care more about those still struggling and maybe perhaps not be so damn nasty.

Whoo, Jesus!  I can't stand bougie folks!

Guh?!  You betta say that with your whole entire chest!  Up top.

I stumbled on this show while I was doing a 55 minute sweat session and thought I might be having a hallucination.  Is this show for real?

Now I'm gonna need to know where you soulcycle or zumba that ya'll can watch tv.  Lol.

To the lady in the red sequin dress and mink coat - 1982 called, they wanted to let you know that want their "luxury" wardrobe back.

ARGHAHAAAAAAA!!!  girl you ain't like sisqo bap mama getup?  hee!!  chile, in 1982, Mrs. Clare Huxtable would have never. 

Nerves already bad, I might have to stick to Josie/Steebie n' co.

Share Post

I've only watched the first episode and if I intend to watch any more, I'm gonna need to have an alcoholic libation in hand.  I can't with folks who are all, "I don't know nothin' about the 'hood.  I ain't that kinda Black."  Sweethearts, please be advised: The face-to-face, weave-swinging foolishness y'all are on would fit right in in the 'hood.  Except here, there wouldn't be as much talking.  You spit in somebody's face or call somebody a terrible mother and you gon' need your hairdresser to reattach those scraggly ass wigs.  And if y'all so damn above those of us who weren't raised in "Cosby families", why don't your weaves and outfits look any better than the chick down the corner?  Us 'hood chicks could probably give y'all some pointers.

Oh, and BTW?  I'm a child of the struggle, too.  My parents might not have degrees and I might not have "come out" at a debutante ball, but my folks made sure I did better and had more than they did.  As children of the struggle, y'all should care more about those still struggling and maybe perhaps not be so damn nasty.

Whoo, Jesus!  I can't stand bougie folks!

I'm so grateful that I didn't have to type all this out. I just sat there, watched and thought every bit of it, and *poof* here it is, all ready for me to simply quote and co-sign.

So we can talk shit! Jump on in here, SnarkKitty. This is but one of many scratching posts for ya.

I never thought I'd be more ashamed to post about any show than the Kardashians. (What?? I don't watch! I just sometimes turn by E!, is all. Don't judge me.)

Guh?!  You betta say that with your whole entire chest!  Up top.

Alright, alright, alright!

One question:  Why does this Gina chick have more TH than any of them? Every other damned expository scene is of her. She seems way too perhipheral to be so central.

Okay, I lied, one more question:  Does this chick not recognize her guy friends clown her over and over?

Okay I lied again. Last one: When you're a Bap, and supposedly not pressed for silly things like money, are you REALLY sweating $250 measly dollars that hard?

Share Post

Now I'm gonna need to know where you soulcycle or zumba that ya'll can watch tv.  Lol.

ARGHAHAAAAAAA!!!  girl you ain't like sisqo bap mama getup?  hee!!  chile, in 1982, Mrs. Clare Huxtable would have never. 

LMAO!  I should be ashamed of myself - I was doing a Kim of RHOA and I went to a place where they put you in a super heated sleeping bag to make you sweat.  Its supposed to burn like 1200 calories.  They give you a flat screen TV to watch, and I came across this BAPs show and thought  - "isn't this a Halle Berry movie?" and I started watching it and I thought "maybe this heat is getting to me and making me have visions, because there is no way this woman in a sequined red dress and a fucking half mink coat a la Dynasty, is really congratulating herself for being classy because she doesn't know about 'government cheese'  that just can't be happening right now"  I mean the entire premise is wrong on so many levels, a lot of black people who are hugely rich and successful now have come from depressed backgrounds, so even implying that someone isn't as good as you, just based on an accident of birth is ridiculous.  I know Jay-Z came from humble beginnings and he is fabulously wealthy now.

I mean does she really think that people think she is classy because she makes it a point to mention to her hairdresser that she played the violin and loves the symphony?  I just can't.

Share Post

I mean does she really think that people think she is classy because she makes it a point to mention to her hairdresser that she played the violin and loves the symphony?  I just can't.

Especially since I, chick from the hood, also played violin, love the symphony and opera and make sure to go to the ballet whenever I can.  I also know that red sequins are never the business.  So I guess "class" isn't determined by birthplace.  That would probably be a shock to all those folks.

Share Post

Especially since I, chick from the hood, also played violin, love the symphony and opera and make sure to go to the ballet whenever I can.  I also know that red sequins are never the business.  So I guess "class" isn't determined by birthplace.  That would probably be a shock to all those folks.

First off - good on you, I just think its great to be open to cultural experiences of all varieties.  My mom made me play the piano for 10 years...unless duress.  

I think anyone who proclaims that they are "classy" to a camera crew, or anyone automatically loses any presumption of class from me.  And that goes double for anyone who calls themselves a princess.  

Don't even get me started on that getup she had on.  I feel like red sequined dresses and half mink coats were a mistake everyone made in the 80's, so I'm smelling a thrift store find.

Share Post

I am not sure what these chicks needed to do or have to be on this show but the Gina woman...she is ugly and annoying. I actually like Anisha..at least a lot more than Gina. Gina is manly and probably jealous.

Share Post

I'm only two episodes in but Anisha and Kristen are both terrible. Anisha spitting on Kristen was completely disgusting. Anisha is sloppy looking and Kristen is a true blue, mean girl bitch. It's like they haven't matured past high school. When did people from St. Louis get Valley Girl accents?

They are the most ignorant, self-absorbed, shallow "cultured" people I've seen. I also think Anisha likes to "slum" it (for lack of a better word) because I think having a man who doesn't have the same background as her makes her feel superior. I wasn't buying that line of her ex-husband and current boyfriend making her feel humble.

Brandon, Jason, and Riccarda are the best so far.

ETA: Did Anisha clean that china before setting the table?

ETA2: I don't like the pressure of getting married. Like a woman isn't worth anything without a husband and pushing out babies.

ETA3: One last time, Gina looks like Bill Nunn.

Edited by RedKoolAide.

Share Post