Simpsons In The Media: I'm Kent Brockman

Everything is coming up Milhouse!  That is going to be the greatest thing ever. 

Share Post

I know!  I have a bunch of episodes that I know I will save for ever and ever - especially since only the first three seasons have shown up on iTunes (plus some other episodes).  Its crazy - most people think that season 4 is among the very best and its still not for sale. 

Share Post

There is apparently a cool app coming with the move to FX. I think it was Al Jean who said, "I don’t want to over-promise, but I think this website will provide you with affordable healthcare!”

Share Post

Wow they were even able to shoehorn a rape joke into five minutes of footage. Way to go Family Guy. 

Share Post

Hopefully it will turn up on you tube.  Or it would be cool if Conan singing with the Gay Men’s Chorus Of Los Angeles was released on iTunes. 

Share Post

Me too. 

It just occurred to me - I wonder if these are the full episodes or the syndicated versions.

Share Post

I saw someone on Twitter say they were going to record every Treehouse of Horror episode and then do a marathon of them all. I thought that was a cool idea.

Share Post

My question got answered on twitter!  Mike Scully tweeted that the episodes will be as originally aired - not hacked up for syndication.  

Share Post

So there is this article in EW where the writers give us 15 tips on how to survive the marathon.  God bless them, I was already chuckling at the first one. 

How can you binge 25 seasons of the animated comedy just 12 days, bearing witness to every Homer “Woo hoo!”, Barney belch, and grisly Scratchy disemboweling? Hydration, meal breaks, micro-naps, and multiple empty DVRs will help, for starters. But you also might want to check out these 15 survival tips, given to EW by the writers of The Simpsons.

15. After every episode, make sure to thank Jebus.

14. ...

Share Post

Honestly, I think it could be Grampa.  I mean he *is* old and would fit the category of being "a fan favorite but not an iconic character."

I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but I would love for it to be Marge because I'm sick of the direction the writers have taken with her and it would put an end to all those stupid "Homer and Marge have a fight" storylines for good.

Share Post

It could be either Grandpa and/or Marge's Mom (both of them seemed to be old enough) but I was wondering if it could be Krusty or Chief Wiggum. Both are iconic enough and also beloved enough but are not too ingrugal for the story (plus, both characters health isn't great, but, IMO, you can say that about any character on the show). Or for all we know, they could be killing off Mole Man. 

Share Post

From really big hints given at a recent Television Critics Association panel 

it looks like its either going to be Krusty or his father.

Edited by M. Darcy.

Share Post

The cover(s) of Entertainment Weekly are all on the Family Guy crossover. Several page article, pretty well done.

Share Post

No. Unless the ratings crash, this is not scheduled to be the last season. Somewhere in the back of my head I remember reading about a two year extension that covers this year and next year.

Edited by JTMacc99.

Share Post

I wish I had known about the Bowl shows earlier, I totally would have flown out to LA! It looks like so much fun and I love that they still honor Phil Hartman's amazing work on the show.

Share Post

Well, JK Rowling has made her opinion known on the Scottish Independence referendum (she's agin it), now hear Willie the Groundskeeper's thoughts on the matter:

Share Post

In case you missed it, Jan Hooks passed away last week, so as well as Mrs. Krabappel and Rabbi Krustofsky, it looks like the show will have to write Manjula out too.

Share Post

Actually Maggie Roswell has been doing the voice of her for some time, so I think Manjula is safe.  I didn't know she was first voiced by Jan Hooks though.  Wow.

Share Post

Actually Maggie Roswell has been doing the voice of her for some time, so I think Manjula is safe.  I didn't know she was first voiced by Jan Hooks though.  Wow.

Actually, I do know that Tress MacNeille (also the voice actress for Mom, on Futurama and Angans Skinner on the Simpsons (to just name a few other voice work) ) did the voice of Manjula for one episode, after Jane Hooks left the show. In all honestly, I haven't heard nor seen Manjula for some time and I did wonder who replaced her. Are you positive that it's Maggie Roswell who does the voice now?

Share Post

Actor from Goodfellas suing The Simpsons and Fox because he says that Louie from Fat Tony's crew ripped off his likeness. And the kicker is he is suing for 250 million dollars. 

http://deadline.com/2014/10/simpsons-lawsuit-goodfellas-character-rip-off-fox-857282/

Not exactly sure how this would work since Louie has been around since Bart the Murderer in 1991. Plus unless you have actual yellow skin how can you say that the show stole your likeness?

Share Post

Yikes, CNN. Number 17 is incorrect.

www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/showbiz/tv/the-simpsons-25-years-feat/

Share Post

Yikes, CNN. Number 17 is incorrect.

Oh good, I thought I was losing my mind! Several of those seemed weird to me.

Edited by radishcake.

Share Post

I fired up the fxx every Simpsons ever app on the roku today. It is pretty damn cool to have the whole set available at any time.

Share Post

Ooh I keep forgetting about that! :D I need to clear space on the dvr so I will check out the app! 

Share Post

Ooh I keep forgetting about that! :D I need to clear space on the dvr so I will check out the app! 

I'm not sure when it became available on the Roku, but I don't think it was that long ago. I looked for it when I first heard that FX had launched it, and then I looked for it again on Xmas eve because I wanted to watch a couple of the Christmas episodes. Between that and Futurama on Netflix, I got to watch a few non-Rankin & Bass specials to get me in the mood.

Share Post

So apparently Judd Apatow wrote an episodes of The Simpsons in 1990, when he was 22, and it will air on January 11th.

Pretty cool. I like this quote from him: "It's a pretty rough script — when I reread it, I wasn't exactly glowing with pride — but Al and the staff did their Simpsons magic on it," the This Is 40 director said. He added that seeing the cast bring his script to life at the table read "was one of the greatest days of my life."

Share Post

So apparently Judd Apatow wrote an episodes of The Simpsons in 1990, when he was 22, and it will air on January 11th.

Pretty cool. I like this quote from him: "It's a pretty rough script — when I reread it, I wasn't exactly glowing with pride — but Al and the staff did their Simpsons magic on it," the This Is 40 director said. He added that seeing the cast bring his script to life at the table read "was one of the greatest days of my life."

You I got me thinking on how some old Star Trek episodes were actually written by fans (they used to screen a bunch of scripts and may approve some to be filmed- I think that was how RDM got his start on TNG), and I was wondering if the same can happen for the Simpsons? 

Share Post

So, there is this.  It looks like somebody put all of the McBain clips together, and the story kind of works.  Heh.

Share Post

I remember Apatow mentioning this on a talk show ages ago (November 2012 if Wikipedia is right). I know it takes time to make an episode but that seems ridiculous.

Share Post

Aw, he will be missed. Thanks for posting the vid and link! Another fave Nimoy/Simpsons scene is of the town gathering together to sing Good Morning Starshine in the Springfield Files episode and you see Leonard singing between Agent Scully (I think) and a Wookiee (I think).

Share Post