Jump to content

Shahs in the Media

12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Recent photo from this week.  Some charity event.

MJ from oct 22.jpg

No one will ever accuse Mers of having style.

imo her style is godawful - but I admire her confidence.

2

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

imo her style is godawful - but I admire her confidence.

Yes. I do too. If an overweight man was on this show (or any other reality show) his weight would not be the focus. Yes MJ reveals a lot and has a lot to reveal but why should she not wear what makes her feel sexy and pretty. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 10/26/2017 at 9:59 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Recent photo from this week.  Some charity event.

MJ from oct 22.jpg

No one will ever accuse Mers of having style.

I think she looks good for MJ.

0

Share Post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, chenoa333 said:

Yes. I do too. If an overweight man was on this show (or any other reality show) his weight would not be the focus. Yes MJ reveals a lot and has a lot to reveal but why should she not wear what makes her feel sexy and pretty. 

Not quite! PK (BH) has been mocked for his weight, as has Reza for his weight and other women have been mocked for their weight issues as well, Shannon/Lydia/Rinna/Asa just to mention a few. With MJ, it is more about her style (or lack of) that gets slammed more than her weight itself. She can wear the same cut/design but needs to go up a size or 2 for it to look better IMO. 

3

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think she looks good for MJ.

Pretty low bar.  I do like the shorter hair.

1

Share Post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Pretty low bar.  I do like the shorter hair.

I think her makeup looks better than normal too.  And yes that bar is not high at all.

1

Share Post


Link to post

The rule that at 40 your dresses should not show your knees is of particular note with MJ.  I like her shorter hair too.

1

Share Post


Link to post

Isn't this the time of year The Shahs of Sunset returns? I'm going to watch. TSOS ars becoming more entertaining than any HoWives franchise.

I watched an old episode of "In Bed With Joan" (Rivers) with Reza as the guest. Reza is fortunate to have had the opportunity to actually meet the best female comic EVER. Like her or or not, Joan Rivers (and Totie Fields)  blazed the trail for every female comic who has made a name for themselves since then and forevermore! 

Looking forward to the new season of the Shahs! 

3

Share Post


Link to post
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Isn't this the time of year The Shahs of Sunset returns? I'm going to watch. TSOS ars becoming more entertaining than any HoWives franchise.

Its usually in the summer when ot premiered.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Anyone know when Tommy and MJ's wedding is going to be? And where? 

0

Share Post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, Mondrianyone said:

This Saturday, apparently!  I thought the real question wasn't when or where, but if.  Go figure.

I agree.  I kept wondering if it actually would happen so much that I never gave the when or where a thought.  That said, I am happy for them.  I believe Tommy is a good person for MJ and I do believe he really does love her and isn't in it for the fame or whatever.  

Edited by Peper81.
6

Share Post


Link to post

I am frightened for what her dress might look like.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 4/17/2018 at 9:49 PM, Mondrianyone said:

This Saturday, apparently!  I thought the real question wasn't when or where, but if.  Go figure.

I'm happy for them. I've always liked Tommy and never disliked MJ. 

0

Share Post


Link to post

Must have cost her a lot of money to look that tacky.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Did she really go with the peek a boo lace over her boobs?  She should have opted for a dress with straps that could do heavy lifting.

I giggled to myself when I saw the photo of Tommy cutting the wedding cake because I could hear MJ thinking "I thought I ordered the big cake, Tommy."

Bottom line is that they are happy no matter how awful she looks in the photos. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

It' not the body size, it's the taste level....and a dose of reality.  On a personal level, I discovered (the hard way, unfortunately) that stuffing myself into the size I wanted to be made me look cheap and fat....once I got smart and began dressing for comfort first, 'style' second, I was much happier and looked much better - being asked how much weight I had lost cinched it. Now, if it isn't comfortable, I won't wear it. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

I loved the dress! Except that one photo where her nipple is about to pop out of the top of the sheer mesh.... typical MJ. I'm glad she wore her hair up, too, she looked very pretty. 

Now, that jumpsuit she put on for the reception.  Yikes! No, no, no.

2

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I loved the dress! Except that one photo where her nipple is about to pop out of the top of the sheer mesh.... typical MJ. I'm glad she wore her hair up, too, she looked very pretty. 

OMG! I thought her nipple was popping out too. My brain just wouldn’t process the thought though. I also loved the dress and agree she looked beautiful and happy.  

0

Share Post


Link to post

She and Reza are looking more and more like fraternal twins!

Whatever else you might want to say about MJ and Tommy, he's managed to pull off a true miracle--get Veda to like him (maybe even love him?).  Obviously she just needed someone to refuse to take her bullshit and to let her know that she wouldn't be welcome around them or their potential children if she continued to be abusive.  MJ couldn't get herself out from under Veda's heel, but Tommy seems to be doing it for her, with a combination of firmness and good old NY humor.  Maybe MJ will be someone I'll be able to like once she's her own person.  Stranger things have happened.  I hope they have a happy life together.

8

Share Post


Link to post

I wish them the best but I still don't think MJ is equipped to be a mother. She's lazy, slovenly, immature and has a drinking (and pill?) problem. A child deserves better. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
On 4/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, Koalagirl said:

Must have cost her a lot of money to look that tacky.

Just looked on Kleinfeld's website and that designer's gowns start at $5500.

0

Share Post


Link to post

shahs-mj-wedding-01.jpg

shahs-mj-wedding-02.jpg

Girlfriend needs to get a handle on those extensions.  Eeks!

shahs-mj-wedding-03.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.
3

Share Post


Link to post

Yes he did. It was probably a comfort to him. Someone, Tommy, was now going to look out for his little girl.

6

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Season 7 premieres August 2, 2018!

I got all excited because I saw a new episode marked for tonight but it’s just a “How they got here” ep. so that’s good news.

3

Share Post


Link to post

The wedding dress was better than what I'd expect she would wear.  Top was pretty, but why would she insist on the bottom?  I think something not quite as body hugging, but flowing loosely would have looked better.  Not talking about a poofy princess dress, that would look probably worse.  Just something nice and softly falling from the waist on down.  

The jumpsuit is awful.  Just awful.  Girlfriend doesn't have a full length mirror, does she?  

I think she looks larger because her clothes do not suit her body shape, plus I think she wears things that are too tight.  Someone needs a stylist pronto.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Mers loooves bodycon garments.  They wouldn't be my choice, but, not my wedding.  Gotta say, she doesn't seem to have any body image issues.

5

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Mers loooves bodycon garments.  They wouldn't be my choice, but, not my wedding.  Gotta say, she doesn't seem to have any body image issues.

If she can overcome her mother issues, body image issues must be a piece of cake. 

11

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Mers loooves bodycon garments.  They wouldn't be my choice, but, not my wedding.  Gotta say, she doesn't seem to have any body image issues.

MJ seems to look much better since she started dieting and working out. She posted some pictures on Instagram awhile back and she was looking better for her body type.  Her wedding was a great motivator hopefully it will continue as Tommy wanted them both to be in a healthier place before they started working on a baby.

We'll see...because MJ doesn't hide anything.

On the other hand, I hope Asa isn't coming back. I really used to like her even with her over the top kooky Persian Pop Priestess bullshit. She's as shady as fuck. GG asked the question many were/are thinking, why is she on the show?

8

Share Post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Giselle said:

On the other hand, I hope Asa isn't coming back.

Asa and Shervin will be back as "friends of" rather than full castmates.

4

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Here's the article on Page Six about Asa not coming back. 

Oh good grief, Asa and JJ are not married! Now did page six just get it wrong (possible) or is Asa playing games to take the wedding spotlight off of MJ (more than possible IMO)? LOL

2

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Oh good grief, Asa and JJ are not married! Now did page six just get it wrong (possible) or is Asa playing games to take the wedding spotlight off of MJ (more than possible IMO)? LOL

Professor Google is calling JJ her "spouse".  That doesn't necessarily have to mean husband, but it seems to be a prevailing sentiment.  Interesting.

1

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Professor Google is calling JJ her "spouse".  That doesn't necessarily have to mean husband, but it seems to be a prevailing sentiment.  Interesting.

Like a common law spouse? 

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Like a common law spouse? 

Hard to say what they mean by it.  Could be as simple as mate or partner.  

1

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Like a common law spouse? 

They don't live together and never have, so "common law" doesn't fit either. LOL

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hard to say what they mean by it.  Could be as simple as mate or partner.  

Boyfriend/girlfriend at best, they are not married, not engaged nor do they live together. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Watching the special, and during the breaks I caught up with some of the media.

Great news that Asa won't be back. I read her Instagram about wanting baby-related privacy, which I respect.  But she was just a hideous shrew during the last season, and I've never agreed with GG more than her "Why are you on this show?" dart.

4

Share Post


Link to post
Just now, voiceover said:

Watching the special, and during the breaks I caught up with some of the media.

Great news that Asa won't be back. I read her Instagram about wanting baby-related privacy, which I respect.  But she was just a hideous shrew during the last season, and I've never agreed with GG more than her "Why are you on this show?" dart.

Well, she isn't a full cast member but she will still make a few appearances this season as a "friend of".

1

Share Post


Link to post

Yeah, I read that -- then noticed they spliced in a lovely little bitch remark from her in the preview.

Proof that even Guest Asa may be overkill.

3

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Yeah, I read that -- then noticed they spliced in a lovely little bitch remark from her in the preview.

Proof that even Guest Asa may be overkill.

I never really trusted Asa, her light/love/artsy act always felt like, well, an ACT and not real but 2 seasons ago, when she didn't defend GG with Reza (arthritis/chemo treatments) after she saw GG get chemo made me realize that she was a venomous snake in the grass! 

7

Share Post


Link to post

GG looks super cute with the shorter haircut in the preview.  Too bad she's certainly still crazy.

6

Share Post


Link to post

I made a mistake and removed my post. 

Edited by Mindthinkr.
0

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now